[Shelved]Paragons of Purity

Gladuos

Image result for head nodding gif

12 minutes ago, WanderingSpirit said:

All 'endgame' magics turn into circle jerks and they've never worked before except celestialism. This one, if done right, can go right. But i generally just dont support anymore 'endgame' magics as the majority of them become dog ****.

Perhaps the Magic team and lore team should step in if the lore becomes a circle jerk and is shut off to good clerics who would otherwise attain it if not for the OOC wall presented.

I can't imagine it would be too much work for one of the staff to step in and teach another qualified cleric outside of the circle the ability to make these granted they desire to do so.

If this is really aesthetic, shouldn't it be allowed to all the clerics?

45 minutes ago, Man of Respect said:

If this is really aesthetic, shouldn't it be allowed to all the clerics?

Foremost about aesthetics and RP flavor, but it still gives some abilities alongside their weaknesses. It can be a fun thing a cleric is rewarded with for dedicating into the RP wholly. As much as it'd be neat every cleric gets this, it probably shouldn't just spread like wildfire (nor be kept in a small group - hence no cap).

I advise you add a few latent traits setting them apart from random people, like no breathing or something that would be passively good for fighting Undead without being overpowered. I'm a real fan of this lore and hope it passes.

1 minute ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Literal lore for COSMETICS?

What a waste of time

If you're gonna try and make clerical ****, make it decent, for lord's sake. This is just another fake ass excuse to give Clerics something else.

Baaah.

Sounds like gay and Yeu-less Augurs.

Very constructive.

1 minute ago, Nekkore said:

Very constructive.

Thank you, Sir.

7 hours ago, Veist said:

I advise you add a few latent traits setting them apart from random people, like no breathing or something that would be passively good for fighting Undead without being overpowered. I'm a real fan of this lore and hope it passes.

Oh don't worry, I definitely wrote in several traits that are good for fighting undead and that sets them apart from regular people (aesthetics count for doing that!), but I'm not going to make them objectively better than normal clerics. The OPness of certain predecessors are a big reason for their failings in the past.

As for the other guy. It's not all cosmetics, maybe read more than the comments. This has affects, but it's more for RP's sake than being some dumb powerhouse fantasy. Sorry for that, ghoulydude.

call it uplifted or sanctified or elevated form or something our pantheons are all aenguls it'd be strange to call normal people with cosmetic changes the same

"hey look it's an aengul!"

"tahariae? where?"

"no silly, the cleric with wings aengul!"

also aren't paragons a dwarven thing

3 hours ago, Edel said:

call it uplifted or sanctified or elevated form or something our pantheons are all aenguls it'd be strange to call normal people with cosmetic changes the same

"hey look it's an aengul!"

"tahariae? where?"

"no silly, the cleric with wings aengul!"

also aren't paragons a dwarven thing

Thanks for giving some alternatives. I'll change it to sanctified form when I get home from work. As for paragons being a dwarven thing - paragon is just a word meaning a person with preeminent qualities, a role model. If you wish to distinguish them, these are Paragons of Tahariae/Purity.

19 hours ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Thank you, Sir.

im autistic and generally avoid using this word but are you ******* retarded

anyways glad
-call them empyreals

5 hours ago, Avacyn said:

im autistic and generally avoid using this word but are you ******* retarded

anyways glad
-call them empyreals

go gettim perrin you really showed him

Thank you for submitting your piece! Expect a verdict in about 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, zaezae said:

Doesn't the whole idea of a creature kinda...conflict with the cleric's theme?

Debatable. This is no more interference than Tahariae giving his blessings as it is. Considering they're still mortal fleshy beings, aren't inherently heightened in power, and still have access to their normal forms.