[Lore Update] Clerics of Tahariae

BonesOfTheEarth

7 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Too many spells, clericalism suffers from lorebloat more then Necromancy does. It needs a serious re-write to simplify things..

Edit:

For example, don't have ten spoilers with free or more paragraphs of text in each one. That's just way too much for a single magic to have.

Hardly a bloat if 90% of the spells are useless and/or the same thing as earlier spells xd

Most of the healing spells are literally just stronger versions of earlier ones and could be simplified with "This spell gets stronger as you grow in tier"

But someone felt the need to make them separate (ie. heal minor wounds, medium wounds, major wounds, and extremities). Again though like I've said in the piece, Im not rewriting the magic. Nekkore is working on that. This is essentially to act as a fix of our current lore to hold us off for the complete re-haul. Sounds fair, doesnt it?

3 minutes ago, Snelfma said:

Clerics have healing, purging, and enchanting. They are also locked to that magic whereas dark mages can dabble in many things.

According to this lore, they have a lot more then just that but it's so much lore that I can't even read through it all without spending an hour staring at my computer screen. Magic lock or not, this is totally ridiculous. 

You also have to put into consideration that while dark mages can dabble in "many things" most people aren't willing to give a Necro blood magic let alone mysticism. We're dealing with an OP "grr undead grr" type magic where any single one of these spells could easily be powergamed. Either way, I made my point and won't be discussing this further. All I will advise ya'll is to simplify clericalism.

Just now, drfate786 said:

According to this lore, they have a lot more then just that but it's so much lore that I can't even read through it all without spending an hour staring at my computer screen. Magic lock or not, this is totally ridiculous. 

You also have to put into consideration that while dark mages can dabble in "many things" most people aren't willing to give a Necro blood magic let alone mysticism. We're dealing with an OP "grr undead grr" type magic where any single one of these spells could easily be powergamed. Either way, I made my point and won't be discussing this further. All I will advise ya'll is to simplify clericalism.

Read.. my comment. If you mean about the combat uses; our current main use combat spell is Orb of light. I hit one of you undead boio's dead in the torso the other day and that didnt even do it. Flames of reckoning is stronk but sutica heavily powergamed it(which I assume is where most of your experience comes from). Most of the combative **** is mildly useless. E i t h e r way, again, this isnt new lore but a fix. PM @Nekkoreif you want to talk about new lore ****.

I know its being worked on. I have the doc. Trust me.

1 minute ago, drfate786 said:

Of all the things to whine about, you chose the SIZE!? Either you're lazy or blind, as clearly, the only bloat this lore has EVER had, was in explaining everything so there would be no further ambiguities like there were when Ventusyr made the last rewrite. Clerics get wards, moderately useful enchantments, some heals, and some kills. Necromancers get.. What, exactly? Oh right! An endgame that can never be undone without betrayal by the buddy with your phylactery, an infinite army of undead slaves, the ability to force kill someone by making them power an undead until they run out of life force, and the ever-lovable "f*ck off" aura where you can just taint an entire area so nobody can go near it. Oh you can also heal /and/ stack every dark magic you can get your hands on.

3 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

Read.. my comment. If you mean about the combat uses; our current main use combat spell is Orb of light. I hit one of you undead boio's dead in the torso the other day and that didnt even do it. Flames of reckoning is stronk but sutica heavily powergamed it(which I assume is where most of your experience comes from). Most of the combative **** is mildly useless. E i t h e r way, again, this isnt new lore but a fix. PM @Nekkoreif you want to talk about new lore ****.

I know its being worked on. I have the doc. Trust me.

From a spook that had been in Ggt's group and had dealt with the Sutican clerics first hand, I can tell you right now that they PG'ed the living crap out of clericism and used the complexity of the lore to get away with it in some way. One person whom I shall not name literally powergamed the ability to create shields of "Crystalized light" with shards that would break from it and act as spook homing missiles and even went as far one time to go on a suicide mission in which they were completely surrounded but kept trying to loophole their magic to get out of their sticky situation. 

So excuse me if I'm very skeptical, my run ins with clerics have sucked.. Even before I learned Necromancy.

From a spook that had been in Ggt's group and had dealt with the Sutican clerics first hand, I can tell you right now that they PG'ed the living crap out of clericism and used the complexity of the lore to get away with it in some way. One person whom I shall not name literally powergamed the ability to create shields of "Crystalized light" with shards that would break from it and act as spook homing missiles and even went as far one time to go on a suicide mission in which they were completely surrounded but kept trying to loophole their magic to get out of their sticky situation. 

So excuse me if I'm very skeptical, my run ins with clerics have sucked.. Even before I learned Necromancy.

Notice we all wanted to disconnect them for a reason. What you describes just now is clear cut powergaming; the shields only last like 15 seconds before the cleric is meant to be completely drained of all energy lmao, and you cant.. attack with them.

Ya'll fell for drfate's shitpost. So here's me also falling for it.

Also nah, it's deceiving. This lore doesn't actually have a lot but repeats a ton of the same paragraphs for EVERY. SINGLE. SPELL.

FOCUS ON PRAYER TO TAHARIAE AND WILL FOR LIGHT TO ENTER TARGET WHILE YOU IMAGINE THE THING HEALING BLAH BLAH BLAH repeated 400 times.

Each spell isn't a unique ability but the same ability described with slightly different functioning. I.E. healing bruises, healing cuts, healing muscles, healing bones when it could've all been simplified as one technique of healing that gets stronger over time. 

Not to mention there are entire sections just about history and rules a cleric must follow instead of mechanics or "more spells". Silly silly man.

EDIT: Also yes don't take Suticans as the baseline examples. What you described has never been possible by-lore and was Kary literally just powergaming. Smh

11 minutes ago, The Templar said:

Of all the things to whine about, you chose the SIZE!? Either you're lazy or blind, as clearly, the only bloat this lore has EVER had, was in explaining everything so there would be no further ambiguities like there were when Ventusyr made the last rewrite. Clerics get wards, moderately useful enchantments, some heals, and some kills. Necromancers get.. What, exactly? Oh right! An endgame that can never be undone without betrayal by the buddy with your phylactery, an infinite army of undead slaves, the ability to force kill someone by making them power an undead until they run out of life force, and the ever-lovable "f*ck off" aura where you can just taint an entire area so nobody can go near it. Oh you can also heal /and/ stack every dark magic you can get your hands on.

First off, a limit was added to where a Necro can only have three player ghouls active at any time and can only make a new one when said ghoul either becomes inactive or four months had passed. Additionally, the "healing" we have is a tier 4 talent and causes intense scarring and excruciating pain when used. Additionally, the "F*** off" aura doesn't exist, you just made that up. As for Phylacteries, I admit they're an issue but the Ascended literally have immortality that cannot be undone by any circumstance once or ever unless they go against their tenants while clerics had the same when Itharels were a thing. 

I'd also like to add that magic stacking with Necromancy is VERY difficult and takes over two IRL years to actually do. I know for a fact that no one would teach me blood magic let alone mysticism or even Naz'Therak for that matter and that's just me. Parkins is literally the "lord of spooks" atm and he only has necromancy and void evocation, nothing else. A lone Necromancer whom only has Necromancy is severely under powered in comparison to a cleric, even at their respective max tiers. 

9 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

Notice we all wanted to disconnect them for a reason. What you describes just now is clear cut powergaming; the shields only last like 15 seconds before the cleric is meant to be completely drained of all energy lmao, and you cant.. attack with them.

I spoke with Farryn and she's the one that actually told me about it, I know full well the extent of what was going on. It surprises me that they hadn't been blacklisted for it. Anyway, if you want to discuss this any further contact me on discord, I don't want to spam the thread with pointless arguments.

First off, a limit was added to where a Necro can only have three player ghouls active at any time and can only make a new one when said ghoul either becomes inactive or four months had passed. Additionally, the "healing" we have is a tier 4 talent and causes intense scarring and excruciating pain when used. Additionally, the "F*** off" aura doesn't exist, you just made that up. As for Phylacteries, I admit they're an issue but the Ascended literally have immortality that cannot be undone by any circumstance once or ever unless they go against their tenants while clerics had the same when Itharels were a thing. 

I'd also like to add that magic stacking with Necromancy is VERY difficult and takes over two IRL years to actually do. I know for a fact that no one would teach me blood magic let alone mysticism or even Naz'Therak for that matter and that's just me. Parkins is literally the "lord of spooks" atm and he only has necromancy and void evocation, nothing else. A lone Necromancy whom only has Necromancy is severely under powered in comparison to a cleric, even at their respective max tiers. 

Oh. I'm sorry. Maybe I should've poked a necroderp before assuming y'all still had a f*ck off aura. Y'know.. Like you shoulda done for all of a certain cleric's powergaming?

If no one will teach you something, odds are the fault is with you. Not always, but odds are still not in your favor. As for the ITHAREL? Hoo boi lemme pull up a chair. Or not. In short the Itharel were a powergrab by four clerics to solidify their hold on the magic. It was /not/ shared except among a teeny tiny clique that ruthlessly crushed anyone that so much as looked at them wrong. If you think a lone necroderp is bad, then.. Idk. Maybe you should be intelligent with how you engage your enemies? Or just do what everyone does and powergame Self-teach some fire evo. 10/10 fire evokers say it helps them kill.

The Ascended are an issue I'm not going to touch, lest I get jumped for it like the last several times.

Thank you for submitting your piece! Expect a verdict in about 2 weeks.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

Denied due to the new rewrite and holy magic changes.