[✗] [Dark Druids] The Fourth Way

Smaw

To be honest, I agree with most of the points made in this thread. Actually, as hypocritical as it may seem I do consider there to be an issue with lore bloat as well.

When I came into this it was intended as more of an aesthetic change than anything else. No enhancements to the Magic, no better or worse effects generally, but something that served as a direct antithesis- as opposed to someone just plaguing an area with thorns or wild cats.

The reason I submitted it here was because the existence of Maggeg would need approval, and also because it was mainly an addition for the ET to use- something with an existing story and therefore something easy enough to jump into. However, I still think it would serve as a very flavourful RP addition to the general idea of Druidism.

I don't consider this to be a new Magic in any way, really, but rather an aesthetic change to somewhat pre-existing abilities.

28 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Pst since it seems basically like all this would accomplish is a new method of tainting lands, consider my idea I posted earlier? Bless.

23 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

Pst since it seems basically like all this would accomplish is a new method of tainting lands, consider my idea I posted earlier? Bless.

I do like your idea, and may delve into splitting it further from Necromancy (?) if it's deemed worthy of implementation.

All of the features of this lore are achieved through thuleanism, the twisted shapeshifting, the making nature twisted. Creating new life which I've done to Kaitoyami. It's all pretty much already possible.

The only difference is the induction of a fourth Aspect which just isn't good. It's basically thulean druidism with necromacy beliefs. I don't think it has much of a point realistically.

I don't like the idea of dark druidism, it'll always be attempted but I think the concept is flawed. It just wont be good for the server no natter how cool it sounds and how nice the aesthetic is.

Even the burden of the wardens was a nice concept piece but, Druidism is largely vague lore and there is a lot of it. Because of this all I can say is to reiterate it's just thuleanism with necromancy mindset, you can do all this in lore already

20 hours ago, Gladuos said:

You can't taint land with thulean druidism afaik.

You can't taint per se but you can twist nature into an angrier form of itself, for instance making plants grown thorns which generally wouldn't and changing hues. Almost like a dark fantasy esk nature setting, it's still natural and fades over time as is easily reverted with control, but regardless straight up taint is necro magic

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. Expect a reply within two weeks. We are trying something new so it should be sooner than that but things may go horrifically wrong so who knows.

Thread is being locked to prevent sneak edits to the lore while voting occurs as to not allow people sneaking stuff in. If you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been denied. The team doesn't believe this is necessary and just adds bloat to druidism which has plenty as is. The way you've written it is also lacking in terms of elaborating on the effects of the magic e.g. how fast do the effects occur.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.