[✗] [Dark Druids] The Fourth Way

Smaw

I don't like the name Maggeg, I think it sounds stupid. But I like evil druids

id say yes but there's so much lore that lotc is bloated 

I guess I'll play devils advocate. I don't like it, in concept at all or the way it is described alongside me thinking its thoroughly unneeded. A third Aspect is controversial among quite a lot of Druids right now, a forth one is absolutely unneeded and unwanted and would bloat and saturate a Magic damn near bursting already. This just seems like an attempt for people who want to play dark aligned characters to have their own branch of the Magic (Which kind of already exists with Thuleanism to an extent) which is unneeded. You don't need a type of magic to make your character evil. You can play a Druid who is evil without having your own special Magic. 

why can't we simply have other forms of druidic ideology without having to self-insert magic or aspects into an already stupidly versatile magic.

This /really/ isn't needed and will dwindle and die if accepted

9 minutes ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

I guess I'll play devils advocate. I don't like it, in concept at all or the way it is described alongside me thinking its thoroughly unneeded. A third Aspect is controversial among quite a lot of Druids right now, a forth one is absolutely unneeded and unwanted and would bloat and saturate a Magic damn near bursting already. This just seems like an attempt for people who want to play dark aligned characters to have their own branch of the Magic (Which kind of already exists with Thuleanism to an extent) which is unneeded. You don't need a type of magic to make your character evil. You can play a Druid who is evil without having your own special Magic. 

Adding to this if you don't mind Will, is that Druid's don't have magic 'disconnection visions' like other deity magics. You can be as evil as you want, and the aspects don't give a **** in essence.

Just now, Sky said:

Adding to this if you don't mind Will, is that Druid's don't have magic 'disconnection visions' like other deity magics. You can be as evil as you want, and the aspects don't give a **** in essence.

This further highlights that a Dark type that essentially overrides the magic is entirely unneeded as you can be as dark as you want with the regular magic without having pseudo necromancy but also be a Druid of sorts. No 4th Aspect, no need for this magic. Nice writing but I vehemently dislike the concept. 

7 minutes ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

This further highlights that a Dark type that essentially overrides the magic is entirely unneeded as you can be as dark as you want with the regular magic without having pseudo necromancy but also be a Druid of sorts. No 4th Aspect, no need for this magic. Nice writing but I vehemently dislike the concept. 

Technically it isn't a Fourth Aspect, it's a charade.

In any case, it's presented as something the ET might utilise to spice up some RP. 

2 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Technically it isn't a Fourth Aspect, it's a charade.

In any case, it's presented as something the ET might utilise to spice up some RP. 

Even still, I'm against the concept. But I commend the writing effort (i.e I can actually understand it and it's pretty). 

2 minutes ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

Even still, I'm against the concept. But I commend the writing effort (i.e I can actually understand it and it's pretty). 

Yeah, that's fair enough. As I'm sure you know from being on the LT, it's difficult to please everyone.

I'm not really concerned by the outcome in any case, just had to get it out of my head.

1 hour ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

I like the concept but what William brings are some good points to the table. Druids don't need DARK DRUIDISM SPOOPY to be dark or manipulative of their powers. Not a huge fan seeing as I'm not sure what this would bring to the table in Druid rp and LOTC lore as a whole from where I'm standing right now.

2 hours ago, Tsuyose said:

id say yes but there's so much lore that lotc is bloated 

I pretty much agree with this. Druidism already has so many 'antithesises' to serve as the type of antagonist this lore is aimed to be. For a good example simply look to what Aesopian is doing with march ash. This lore fills a niche which is already well filled and while its not a bad piece of lore, we need to start accepting lore on the basis of if it has a place, not if its written well. That's the hard truth everyone who complains about a lore bloat needs to hear.

Why does everything have to be dark? Like, with the Ish'Urkal stuff and now Lhindir's/Moon's new dark shamanism. Why does everything have to be their own magic and players just can't make antagonistic sub-groups from the already broad selection of magics already offered. What's wrong with Druids going out and working with the deadly plants of the world, why does something like that have to be replaced by dark versions of the original lore. 

I like the write up, but we need to fix what we already have, not keep adding more.

Go simple and call them Draeoi. 

Writing is superb, the concept itself is good, but I feel as if Druidism is fairly over-saturated as it is at the current moment. This doesn't really seem like it's needed within Druidism.

70908_ivy_detail_1488.jpg?l.r2=387377009

sign me up!!!!!

but like Sug and Will both said, yes you can play an 'evil/dark' druid without needing to have your own specific magic for it. I do really enjoy the idea of a false aspect tricking druids to follow their way, but I feel like Nemiisae would be a better aspect to lead this as opposed to a completely new one, just my thoughts!!!

Edited by Luv