The Knights of Arbor

Ankalagon_

~The Duchy of Arbor~

&

House Silversteed

((coordinates to Arbor are X: 27 Y: 72 Z: 1563))

T6SC3JoDOqeZxCe0jTkkACp77Cz3lDGwbQiYITn5y48QoJBsxIgEBQijx4KbkPV1u_oFrP1W4SXK0EO6NfpHTXqTJiqX9o0Yps9KXDMl7wK1CBrE3Zu1fxdC4H1_bvvajk4NeWkl

I am now unbroken.

From this day, until my last, I shall not bow,

I shall not bend, I shall not break.

Henceforth I will not kneel for any man, not before any lord, or King.

Our hearts are where all truth resides,

And so I shall place my willing fist above it, in place of a bent spine.

I am now undaunted.

I shall not fear, what others fear most.

I shall not tremble, when ordinary men break ranks.

I am the light in the dark.

I am the shield endowed with honor, the protector of Arbor and its lands.

I am the sword etched with glory, the guardian of light.

I swear from this day forth to protect the innocent of all the realms of Atlas, wherever they may be.

I swear my life in the name of Arbor and House Silversteed, to protect the true bloodline of the first.

I relinquish all title or titles to be to Arbor, for either I shall hold title within its realm, or no title at all.

I am of House Silversteed,

I am of Arbor.

We are retribution.

~The oath of Arbor.

~A poem, written by a musician of Arbor many years ago, which became popular with the Knights and has since become a common hym among the people of Arbor.

Since the Kingdom of Arbor, ordained by the Church, merged with Curon nearly 30 years ago, the realms have prospered. The alliance of nations has formed in the pursuit of lasting peace, and the Global Assembly has had unprecedented success in creating an understanding amongst the people of Atlas. Despite this, darkness still presides in this world. I Aragon Silversteed, Lord Paramount of House Silversteed; only son of Avalon Silversteed, the founder of this great house, have dedicated my life to eradicating the forces of darkness that plague all the peoples of Atlas. We the Knights of Arbor, tasked as peacekeepers of the Global Assembly, take it upon ourselves to seek out this darkness wherever it may be and destroy it. The undead, bandits, and the drakes that torment this world will be hunted and eradicated. To this end I swear my life, let God be my witness.

Those who wish to fight the darkness of this realm, may sign up here. If one wishes to join the Silver Knights of Arbor however, they must sign up and pass the trials. Only the best and the bravest can hold the honor of becoming a Knight. If one does not wish to attempt the trials, they may join the Black Guard.

fantasyCavCharge1.jpg.e375553cb870e046849d3e196c6dc822.jpg

~The grand charge against the undead out of Arbor, led by Avalon Silversteed and The Knights of Arbor

The Silver Knights of Arbor

Spoiler

The Oath

I am now unbroken.

From this day, until my last, I shall not bow,

I shall not bend, I shall not break.

Henceforth I will not kneel for any man, not before any lord, or King.

Our hearts are where all truth resides,

And so I shall place my willing fist above it, in place of a bent spine.

I am now undaunted.

I shall not fear, what others fear most.

I shall not tremble, when ordinary men break ranks.

I am the light in the dark.

I am the shield endowed with honor, the protector of Arbor and its lands.

I am the sword etched with glory, the guardian of light.

I swear from this day forth to protect the innocent of all the realms of Atlas, wherever they may be.

I swear my life in the name of Arbor and House Silversteed, to protect the true bloodline of the first.

I relinquish all title or titles to be to Arbor, for either I shall hold title within its realm, or no title at all.

I am of House Silversteed,

I am a Silver Knight of Arbor.

We are retribution.

The Silver Trials

In order to join the ranks of the Silver Knights, one must pass the trials. These three trials, beyond their names, are only revealed to the person as they begin to face them, to ensure that none can be prepared for them ahead of time. The three trials are;

The Trial of the Will.

The Trial of the Mind.

The Trial of the Heart.

If one successfully passes the trials, they are then allowed to begin their training under a Knight as a squire, and will one day soon be Knighted themselves.

Armor and Equipment

The Knights of Arbor bear some of the finest armor available, as no expense is spared when equipping each Knight. Each Knight is equipped with a thick wool gambeson and thick wool leggings, which is light yet tough in weave and fiber. Over this each Knight equips themselves with a full body chain layer, even chain leggings. The final layer of Armor is the Silver Colored plate which the Knights of Arbor can be recognized for, full body plate covering meant for horse to horse combat as well as on ground conflict. The weapons of the Knight are up to the individual, many Knights specialize in a particular type of weapon, however all Knights are trained to have strong proficiency in a sword, axe, warhammer, and of course; the lance.

Ranks

Squire:

If one successfully passes the Silver trials, they become a squire of the Knights of Arbor. They are then assigned to an anointed Knight to be their personal squire. The Knight is tasked to train the Squire in combat, horsemanship, and chivalry. Once the squire has trained for a manor of time, the Knight may recommend to the council of Wardens that the Squire be accepted, and become an anointed Knight. If the council of Wardens accepts, or the Lord Paramount of House Silversteeds approves, the squire will be knighted.

Knight:

Now anointed, a Knight is tasked with three major things that they must not fail to do. They must protect Arbor no matter the cost, and they must travel the realms to preserve the peace, and they must train a new squire if assigned one. After years of honor, valiance, and proven loyalty, and if there is a vacancy on the council of Wardens, a Knight may be chosen to become a Warden. To become one, one must be directly admitted by the Lord Paramount himself.

Warden:

If one does become a Warden, they have reached the highest honor attainable in all of Arbor. To be a Silver Knight is one thing, to be a Warden, is another. The Council of Wardens sits at a round table. A seat points in ever cardinal direction of Atlas. Each Warden is in charge of the direction of the realm upon which they sit. For example a Warden who sits upon the western chair, is Warden of the West, and is tasked with routinely taking several Knights and their Squires and visiting that part of the realm. The Warden of the North will do the same, as will the Warden of the South East, and so on. Some Wardens are granted control over a castle or fortress, built in the direction of their seat. These castles are designed to be used for those townsfolk who live near it and may need to flee from a raid or attack.

Duties of Knights 

The Knights of Arbor are expected to do the following daily. If a Knight is assigned a Squire, they are expected to bring their Squire to accompany them in all the following activities:

~Patrol the entirety of Arbor at least twice per day, to ensure maximum security for the people of Arbor.

~Sharpen their weapon of choice, and polish their armor at least once per day.

~To always have their Armor on, unless in their own home, or dressed for special occasion. 

~To patrol the outer walls of Arbor at least twice per day, ensure the function of the front Gates, and to patrol the back forests in the southern lands of Arbor. 

~If given a squire, to train with the Squire daily in weapons of all manner, sword, axe, hammer, etc. To train them in riding, and to practice Archery. Every other day, a Knight is expected to teach their squire how to masterfully read and write, for all Knights must posses such a skill. 

Those that are Knights are permitted to take breaks throughout the day, to enjoy themselves, to drink, and to be among the people of Arbor, however failure to complete their duties by the end of the day may result in consequences. 

fantasyKnights1.thumb.jpg.181fb0d2966a2d2c227839294eadc156.jpg

~Ser Ajax, Knight of Arbor (left, with shield) blocking an attack on Avalon Silversteed (right) by Bandits and Undead. Ser Ajax saved Avalon's life this fateful day. 

The Culture of Arbor

Arbor began many many years ago, a split off group during the decline of the Kingdom of Norland in the beginnings of Atlas. Lord Avalon Silversteed, first of the House Silversteed, left Norland with much of its population and his house after the bastard child of Javier stole the thrown from his brother the true heir to Norland, whilst his brother was sickly in bed. Fearing a decline which indeed did come, Avalon and his kin left Norland, for a better life. In the early months of Atlas they established a small town, just outside the Cloud Temple. The town grew rapidly, and eventually became a city. Amongst the massive oak trees of those fertile lands, and like a tree itself growing strong out of seemingly hopeless soil, this city was aptly named 'Arbor'. Avalon believed in honor above everything. What he saw in Norland greatly shaped his view in the world. He saw how brothers turned on each other for power. How they spat on basic principles like the freedom to think clearly, or the freedom to follow differing faiths without fear of persecution. It became his drive, his goal in life to renew a spirit of honor within this new world of Atlas. He started with a simple decree. "Gather round my kin, hear me! I dare not take much of your time, you all lead busy lives, but hear me! Never again, shall anyone bow to me! And I shall bow to none! Just the other day an old and humble farming man came to my court asking for grain. Before he even spoke a word, before he even knew my nature, he attempted to bow before me. The pain from the motion that I saw in his eyes, I shall never forget. What right, do I have, does anyone have, to ask for people to bend their pride and honor before them!? To humiliate people, in such a way, just to evoke status. No more. The heart, is from where I wish to speak. From my heart. That is where my truth resides. Where my honor comes from. And as long as it beats I shall never bend my back again, to no man, no lord, no king. And as long as I live, none shall bow to me, or any of my blood!" And so it was. From that day forth the people developed a new show of respect towards each other. Arborians became known for placing their fist over their hearts gently, in place of bowing to one another. 

As time went by, and the Knights of Arbor were formed, the people of Arbor found it there duty to take on the roles that other cities and nations found beneath them. To aid the small and unlanded peoples that were scattered throughout Atlas. To protect these small communities from bandits, and the undead. To help them went winters were harsh. To supply them, when times were hard. The forgotten peoples of Atlas, were not forgotten by Arbor. Beside a large trade road leading to the Elves of the Dominion, and at the base of the mountain of the mighty Dwarves of Kaz'Ulra, Arbor's wealth swelled. Developing close relations because of this trade with many nations, Arborians began to develop their own culture and identity. 

Arborians above all value honor. In every interaction Honor is at play. If an Arborian goes back on their word, it is considered a disgrace, and they are often shunned by fellow Arborians for breaking a contract, or manipulating agreements. Arborians developed this sense that Honor and Humility are perhaps the most important attributes in a person, and thus teach it to each generation. Arborians are masters of the horse, and mounted combat. It is common that parents introduce their children to horses before the children can even speak. The horse is a symbol of freedom, of heart, and of loyalty. The vivid green plains and deep forests that surround Arbor are often speckled with wild stallions. As such, Arborians have developed, perhaps more than anything, the determination and willpower, of the very horses they ride. Arborians are a proud people, and there is often a struggle between to balance humility, and the natural pride within all Arborians.  

The Black Guard

Spoiler

Charter of the Arborian Government,

Spoiler

~History~

Spoiler

Vailor: In the midst of the Great Civil war, which would eventually become known as the conflict between the Dreadlands and Oren, Avalon Silversteed joined the conflict in the hopes of ending a corrupt rule. Avalon served under Lord Thomas Ruric, first of his name, and worked his way through the ranks. Avalon proved his commanding ability, and was given leadership titles within the Nortruppen. As the conflict progressed and the Nortruppen gained further ground, Avalon requested to create his own house, just outside the borders of Seahelm, believing perhaps he would better aid the cause. Holding the trust of his King, Thomas granted him this request, and house Silversteed was born. It is worthy to note, that Avalon changed the precedent of taking an oath in Norland. He did not bend the knee, instead he stood and put a fist over his heart. He declared "I serve one man and one man only, Thomas Ruric, not Norland as a whole, nor the family of House Ruric, though I would die for many of them. Should Norland be worthy of it's own name, I shall swear allegiance again to the next king, thus is my promise, and oath I shall uphold until my death." Unlike those in Oren, this house was born from nothing, the lordship given to a man who worked his way from the lowest ranks, and proved his undying loyalty to the free people. The first castle, Silverholt, was constructed just outside Seahelm. When Seahelm was overrun by Orenian forces, Silverholt was burned to the ground, and the free people moved to the Dreadlands. Here, Avalon was granted the title Count of Evermore, which became the new fortress town of the Dreadlands. Out of rubble and dust, House Silversteed built Evermore, in the hopes of creating a new homeland for the free people. Avalon was given Thomas Ruric’s ring, a symbol of the trust between House Ruric and House Silversteed. A decisive battle was fought not long after, one that would prove to be a destructive blow against Oren. Some say the Dreadlands lost, others say it was Oren who fled, regardless it was a day of reckoning. The Dreadlandic dead piled high. House Silversteed lost many good men that day. Avalon, stricken by grief, relinquished his position to his son Ethan Silversteed for the time being, and went out into the realm to find peace. He was not seen again for many a year.

Isles of Axios: Ethan Silversteed, though he was adopted into the family, valiantly took it upon himself to continue his father's house. When the realm fled to the Isles of Axios, Ethan rebuilt what he could of House Silversteed, and joined the new rebellion against Oren. Ethan was killed by murderers and thieves, and the title of House Silversteed was then granted to Ethan’s Son William. William continued House Silversteed’s , fighting victories in the Rebellion, and obtaining lands in Norland. Avalon returned, having found his peace, and William gave back the title of Lord of House Silversteed to Avalon. Until that is when William broke the oath to his own house, and to his family. Blinded by a lust for power, he grew increasingly stubborn. He would go missing for several months at a time, only to come back more and more irrational. Towards the final days of Axios, Avalon did not swear a new oath to Jory Ash, and left Norland. William returned yet again from wherever it was he was dwelling, and demanded the Silversteeds follow him instead of Avalon. They refused, and one by one the entirety of House Silversteed and even many Norlanders left the once prosperous kingdom, to seek out a better life outside the clutches of Jory Ash, the Bastard King who Knelt. Avalon stripped all other Silversteed of their name besides his own and his wife’s, Angelica. The betrayal of William cut deep, so William, and all his kin and any of those who were given the name Silversteed lost their name. If they bare it, they hold it as pretenders, and traitors to the house; for only two remain who rightfully hold the name, Aragon and Amelia Silversteed.

Atlas: Aragon Silversteed blood son of Avalon and Angelica Silversteed, was born only a few short years before Avalon’s untimely death. Before his death Avalon had merged the Kingdom of Arbor and the Duchy of Curon to become one greater nation. Angelica Silversteed died in childbirth, giving birth to Aragon and his twin sister Amelia Silversteed. Angelica was placed in a wooden boat. The boat was carried by Knights of Arbor and Black Guard alike. The Duke, and all of Curon bore witness to this horrible day. The ship was set into the river that surrounds Curon, and cast off. Two archers, Ser Ajax famed Knight of Arbor, and Deowin Caligor, a sergiant of Curon, lit their arrows and took aim. All became still as hundreds of people held their breath. The arrows flew through the air, hardly visible in the setting sun. Moments later the ship carrying the former Queen Angelica erupted in flame. But there was no cheer. The ship sailed down the river, carrying the beloved lady of the house. Aragon, born as Prince of Arbor and the Lord of House Silversteed, though he had no father or mother, would prosper in the peace and harmony of Curon. He would grow up in the palace, the Duke himself took Aragon into his care. Aragon learned to ride, and proved to be a prodigy in horsemanship like his father was. Once Aragon came of age, Aragon spoke with the duke and asked to fulfill his birthright, that Arbor be made into a Barony of Curon. And so it was. Now Arbor is rebuilt, and the former prince has taken it upon himself to finish what his father started.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RP Name:

MC Name:

Do you have a skill, trade, or profession 

you wish to pursue or put to use within Arbor?

Are you interested in one of the above mentioned

positions within the Arborian government? If so, which?

(Senate, Silver Court, Centurion, etc.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RP Name:

MC Name:

Combat Experience (none is fine):

If you wish to become a Knight, are you

ready to take the oath and attempt the trials?

(Do not respond if you wish to join the Black Guard):

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RP Name:

MC Name:

Combat Experience (none is fine, training is provided):

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

((MSG L0rdT0mas, Ajax_Manslayer, or Ye_Haw for further information))

RP Name: Magnus Ironwood

MC Name: Ajax_Manslayer

Combat Experience (none is fine): Combat expert in sword and shield combat, heavy armour training and is extremely strong.

ready to take the oath and attempt the trials?: Of course you foolish pleb.

Edited by Ajax

RP Name: Echo Locat

MC Name: Echolocat

Edited by Echolocat

Aragon reads the four above sign ups. He takes their documents and with his wax seal he stamps his sigil onto the papers then writes "Accepted! Please come to Arbor to be given a home and Arborian Citizenship documents."

Aragon then writes a specific note on Magnus Ironwood's application "We The Knights of Arbor accept your request. Come to Arbor and you shall begin the trials. If you pass you will be inducted. Good luck."

RP Name:

Viktor Timothysson (''The peaceful one'')

MC Name:

Melvinola

-His father learned him how to use the bow and arrow

-He's a skilled scout

ready to take the oath and attempt the trials?:

Ofcourse I am.

RP Name:

William Aray

MC Name:

Squigglezworth

- Lost an arm and both legs during fights, which forced him to make his own.

- Training

William saluted him. "Aye, I am ready."

Edited by xX_Rosemary_Xx

RP Name: Mya Luxford

MC Name: MCVDK

RP Name:

Marlene Lowell

MC Name:

_Chickadee

Scaling walls? Otherwise, none

Yes'm

**I hearby accept the terms to which Pinefall Hallow will become an extension of Arbor, in land, loyalty, and citizenship**

Edited by Chickadee

17 hours ago, L0rdT0mas said:

RP Name: Arkwright Estarian 

MC Name: Ark_Ender

Combat Experience (none is fine): Some sporadic training. 

ready to take the oath and attempt the trials?: Yes.

The Black Guard or Knights of Arbor

RP Name:

Elton

MC Name:

robobadger

all.

ready to take the oath and attempt the trials?: Sure Dog.