Automatons, Animati

GDPR 014

3 minutes ago, h e x said:

golems, atronachs

same ****

Yeah, that's why i said that we have too many constructs, but at least the most of the Atronachs do not look like robots, they have clear pieces of high fantasy like elements working as hands, plus they are made with cinjuration, which explains why they work and can think. In the case of golems they are huge pieces of stone, that does not look like a robot.

And Phil i said steampunk because in that style is very common see things made with gears, plus i do not see very logical to be able to create a functional mind just with a bit of alchemy, especially when the most of the constructs need something like a soul to work.

2 minutes ago, Suxals said:

ogical to be able to create a functional mind just with a bit of alchemy, especially when the most of the constructs need something like a soul to work.

Deviants nor fiends require a soul, but they still have some form of intelligence; atronachs don't need a soul, but can grow to be as smart as a descendent, multi-core golems 2. Its fantasy

zkTnMXd.jpg

i have an opinion and it shall impact the roleplay i partake in

+1 +1  +1    +1     +1     +1      +1
giphy.gif
+1 +1  +1    +1     +1     +1      +1

This is literally just an over complicated version of my motus construct lore that got denied a year or so ago.. The only difference is that you added a soul to them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13ow8dMw2qYG2fpVzTCNEoIvFYA9uJfYJS3yOHUBKVek/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, The Fire Mind said:

Deviants nor fiends require a soul, but they still have some form of intelligence; atronachs don't need a soul, but can grow to be as smart as a descendent, multi-core golems 2. Its fantasy

Golems do possess souls if a soul core is used, otherwise it can be argued that a "soul" is created. The concept of a soul is that an artificial soul forms when one cannot exist. If it is conscious, it has a soul. These however, can lack a soul and therefore simply be mindless battle droids if an alternative to a soul could be found. This is because you ripped off my motus construct lore and over complicated it to create clockwork fakes that can feel and do slice of life RP.

Stop this madness, they shouldn't feel anything let alone possess a soul of any kind. Those who become these things should lose their souls and therefore "die", becoming a mere copy of themselves in the process.

And yeah, I know the rip off wasn't intended but still, we don't need sentient machines. >:(

3 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Golems do possess souls if a soul core is used, otherwise it can be argued that a "soul" is created. The concept of a soul is that an artificial soul forms when one cannot exist. If it is conscious, it has a soul. These however, can lack a soul and therefore simply be mindless battle droids if an alternative to a soul could be found. This is because you ripped off my motus construct lore and over complicated it to create clockwork fakes that can feel and do slice of life RP.

Stop this madness, they shouldn't feel anything let alone possess a soul of any kind. Those who become these things should lose their souls and therefore "die", becoming a mere copy of themselves in the process.

And yeah, I know the rip off wasn't intended but still, we don't need sentient machines. >:(

But golems don't need a soul, init.

you seem a little mad, your lore wasn't "ripped off". The lores are far different. the only similarity is that they dont need to be magical, but even then one is way more magical. I could argue your lore is a rip-off of the denied steamwork golems, but I won't. 

I dont think an automaton will actively try to clang clang another person. The fact they're made of metal and dont have the benefits that skin and nerves do will probably not work out well for them. It's more of a sad fate than a love story. A machine trying to copy a man will always be a machine, which is truly sad. A mindless creature is not a fun creature to play, simply said. The ability to have depth and develop is paramount to being invested in a character and not throwing it away. 

Sorry you feel your lore was ripped off. I'll end this argument here.

9 minutes ago, The Fire Mind said:

But golems don't need a soul, init.

you seem a little mad, your lore wasn't "ripped off". The lores are far different. the only similarity is that they dont need to be magical, but even then one is way more magical. I could argue your lore is a rip-off of the denied steamwork golems, but I won't. 

I dont think an automaton will actively try to clang clang another person. The fact they're made of metal and dont have the benefits that skin and nerves do will probably not work out well for them. It's more of a sad fate than a love story. A machine trying to copy a man will always be a machine, which is truly sad. A mindless creature is not a fun creature to play, simply said. The ability to have depth and develop is paramount to being invested in a character and not throwing it away. 

Sorry you feel your lore was ripped off. I'll end this argument here.

Lmao, I'm not mad at all. I know it was unintentional and even said so you dingus. :L

Also, what you're describing is the slice of life RP that I'm talking about. We don't need another Devirad, stop this madness! 

Edit: Also, one word.. Lore bloat. Do we really need more magical creatures?

1 hour ago, drfate786 said:

This is literally just an over complicated version of my motus construct lore that got denied a year or so ago.. The only difference is that you added a soul to them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13ow8dMw2qYG2fpVzTCNEoIvFYA9uJfYJS3yOHUBKVek/edit?usp=sharing

Bruh this isn't magic based like nah

If this is legit, then I am all for it. I think this is simply amazing, I myself don't role play as the magic-man, I play as a mundane little person and I think that our non-magic community would benefit greatly from his addition! +1 from me!!!