So it has come to my attention recently that GM's can no longer create or name items that players take time to create. This being mundane objects mainly such as armor, everyday things and weapons. I am sure it doesn't affect magical items made with a Mart. The only thing that comes to mind is the Admin team want people to spend money for crowns, which is fine and dandy. But when people take time to actually create stuff through RP. It shows no actual ascension of being done by a normal player's tag. Please remove such a nuisance as it greatly hinders the ability to create items with the labeling of a GM's approval when people spend time in actually attempting to make stuff in game.

Thank you. 

I had no idea this was a system nor changed one. But if someone takes time to RP out creating an item in a full process I don't see why a GM shouldn't name the item for them.

Removing this will just stop people from RPing item creation of any kind as they'll just cut the middle ground and use their VIP item renames.

It doesn't even seem difficult to do either, the player names the item and gives it a desc (unsure if non-vip can do this) and then a good chunk of rp screenshotted and then sent to the GM so an item can be signed.

45 minutes ago, Nolan_ said:

It doesn't even seem difficult to do either, the player names the item and gives it a desc (unsure if non-vip can do this) and then a good chunk of rp screenshotted and then sent to the GM so an item can be signed.

Non-VIPs cannot rename items or give them descriptions outside of the few renames granted from /vote milestones 

Probably gonna have to vote for the privilege.

e6f7365f5ce4998d47a9cf6cd1f372a5.png

Also, please allow GM to rename consumable food items, it gives the Tavern/Pub/Cooking RP a lot more flavor

Just now, KefKong said:

Also, please allow GM to rename consumable food items, it gives the Tavern/Pub/Cooking RP a lot more flavo

I agree because the removal of nexus taverns needed VIP personnel to make or rename drinks

I think their only reason for doing this was to make VIP seem appealing, so I kinda agree with it (As coal I get like 1 item rename every 3 days, p pointless really, what's use is renaming an item with no description)

We need to stop signing stuff in general, people only go for it to add value to their item. Who is going to buy someone's player signed item when they can get a fancy staff signed item?

37 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

We need to stop signing stuff in general, people only go for it to add value to their item. Who is going to buy someone's player signed item when they can get a fancy staff signed item?

While I see where you're coming from, Lion, there is also the issue of non-VIP players rp crafting items and being unable to assign a description, tag and name. For example: If I were to forge a thanium blade, then i'd like the item to be properly designated as that in rp ( using thanium as an example because it's the first thing to come to mind, I know it's dumb). What is the point in a non-VIP player RP crafting items only for them to not actually be designated as such? Another player could literally tell me my blade is just iron and i'd have little backup to my claim of it being Thanium.

The GM team is the most active and responsive team INGAME by far, we rely on you guys for aid and honestly, this feature is well needed back in. We can't simply message a lore team user and have them sign stuff, we could actually, but trust me, they do not reply. As I said, you at the GM team are the most active and responsive by far, please allow non-vip players & players in general to designate the RP items they craft with ease.

Renaming items and adding a description for items created in role-play? Yeah, sure give it to them, I even offer to do this as I don't use all of my tokens, but... Signing items that are made in roleplay with staff permissions? Only if they are Magical Artifacts or Event Items, nothing else. Why? A sword that is well-made by a practised blacksmith signs his item as a player, then a wooden splintered sword made by a child is signed by a staff member, automatically the staff signed item is worth much more irregardless of what it actually is.

39 minutes ago, Sky said:

Renaming items and adding a description for items created in role-play? Yeah, sure give it to them, I even offer to do this as I don't use all of my tokens, but... Signing items that are made in roleplay with staff permissions? Only if they are Magical Artifacts or Event Items, nothing else. Why? A sword that is well-made by a practised blacksmith signs his item as a player, then a wooden splintered sword made by a child is signed by a staff member, automatically the staff signed item is worth much more irregardless of what it actually is.

Again, much like with Lion I understand where you're coming from on the matter. I do truly believe that we should have a proper system or a set of rules properly and clearly implemented if we have not already, mainly because this has become an issue that a growing majority have taken a stance on.

I would suggest a tier system, however what I'm about to put as a format would be a ROUGH and ILL-ADVISED that would need to be worked upon.

Tier 0:
- Items do not need to be renamed in RP by staff
 -Items would include RP-PLAYER made objects such as a "splintered wooden" due to their lack of experience needed to craft and RP involvement.
  - This tier of items are NOT deemed necessary to be renamed due to their lack of RP involvement, experience needed to create and so forth.
Tier 1:
 -Player renamed items
  -This tier of items would include whatever the USER/RP PLAYER would deem necessary to be renamed
   -This tier is PLAYERBASED. THIS IS FOR RENAME TOKENS BY PLAYERS.
Tier 2:
 -Player made RP items that are deemably important/required RP skills to finely craft/forge.
  -This tier is to be signed by an on-duty GM
   - Items such as ' A thanium blade, forged by the Master Smith _____ ' would be deemed appropriate for a rename option by GM's due to RP involvement with it.

Tier 3:
  - These are Event team items, Lore Team Items, Magic items & so forth. 
   -These items are to be signed by their respective teams
    -These items would include something for example : ' The Staff of Cain, it is forged of ironwood. It is said to always be carried on its masters back, if not, then the staff would begin to grow its aura and corrupt the mines of many'

As I said, this Is just an idea, but all I can truly say is that something needs to be done and hopefully we can make some steps to improve the quality of life on this matter. ((the tier system can be edited as it's just a little draft I made in like 10 minutes.))

I would also HOPE that there is an option for GMs to sign items under a players name/rp-name, since this would fix the issue that both Fire and Sky have with people wanting GM signed items. If this isn't already a feature, I would hope someone could show this to the DEV and get it implemented!

I'm bummed about not being able to have the items named with bold/straight text.

I never use the absurd amount of renames I have, but when I do the italics is repulsive honestly.

P'haps let GMs italic name items for regular players, and then VIPs can do bold/straight item naming? (And maybe include colours in the seperation)?

Not ideal, but that would let the non-vips still get renames for their argument, but VIPs can have aesthetically pleasing names.

Sorry, I'm that sort of person.

(If ya want a renamed item I'll rename it for ya)

Reason being people have created items in the past which have later come to bite GM's on the backside. 

I for one actually enjoy not seeing GM signed items everywhere.

On a side note however, I have never declined the request of a player asking me to use one of my own person rename tokens.

Honestly the only reason I dislike using my renames is because of the italics. It's ******* ugly @Llir, I'm aware you didn't do this just pinging you because...dev and it'd likely be an easy fix.