Shield-Brothers of Markev | Recruitment

Shield-Brothers of Markev

Citizens Militia of the Free and Sovereign City of Markev | Forlorn Hope

Z5Lo9a7eCltV3yztDlts1O8Yc7yJ0qzxFoRLm79U

PERIISSEM NI PERIISSEM

I Would Have Perished Had I Not Persisted

PREFACE

A cruel winter it had been for the otherwise comfortable people of Markev. The bustling city, once no stranger to the eyes of eager merchants and desperate immigrants from far away lands, had been left in desolate solitude. But high above the empty streets streamers of black and gold still wave vibrantly in the course of the Southern wind, carrying on with their unsung duties as bearers of the colors. Left ungoverned by royalty, unprotected by an army, and abandoned by their faith, the remainder of the people of Markev sought to prepare their stand against those tyrants who would have them governed and protected from palaces in far away lands— a life more fit for cattle than mankind. Rather than accept a fate of servitude, these free and civilized people chose instead to risk their lives— sacrificing the comforts of conformity— to pursue greater liberty.

A hard winter it had been for the armies that challenged the might of the Czena.

MISSION

The Shield-Brothers of Markev serve two purposes. First and foremost, brethren are sworn to defend the inhabitants of Markev from all threats, foreign and domestic. In lieu of a professional army, this rabble is given basic training in the art of war and sent to man the walls. Lacking a proper uniform, men of many different creeds are seen peering across the landscape from the safety of the Haensetic towers, or greeting visitors as they enter the city. Most recently, these men could be seen preparing the city for an inevitable fight against Northern aggressors. Secondly, the brethren act as a civil authority, preserving law and order in spite of the chaos at hand. Though perhaps ungraceful in their methods, the body earns the respect of the people by being of the people.

Shield-Brothers occupy the barracks compound at the rear of the city, a good walk from the day-to-day grounds which they patrol. Many serve in exchange for room, board, and coin-based incentives as granted by the Commandant. In a slight change in tradition, brethren who serve in the successful defense of Markev will be granted fertile acreage or an unoccupied home in the city itself.

RANK STRUCTURE

In lieu of the professional army that originally defended the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, the Shield-Brothers have adopted simplified ranks representative of their status as a well-trained militia.

Commandant

The Commandant of the Shield-Brothers of Markev is the highest military authority in the city, responsible for designing the strategic defence that will carry it through these darkest times. Though capable of providing front-line commands, he usually works through a team of capable officers to perform complex endeavors otherwise foreign to a rag-tag force.

Ensign

Ensigns are the officers under the Commandant who are responsible for executing his strategic goals. Ensigns are expected to be capable commanders who can utilize initiative on their own to win the day.

First Sergeant

The rank of First Sergeant is granted to the senior enlisted man in the brethren.

Armiger

Though originally the role of Armiger was reserved for re-enlisted veterans, its definition has been expanded to include experienced fighters who have shown excellent conduct while apart of the militia. Generally, this comes with added perks and leniency with regards to the enforcement of trivial infractions.

Armsman

Armsman is the standard rank of the Shield-Brothers, forming the backbone of the defense. At the end of the day, victory will have not been achieved if not carried by these motivated citizens.

The term "Brother" or "Shield-Brother" is reserved for use as an informal term among the brethren.

ENLISTMENT

Please seek out one of our recruiters inside the city for more information, or fill out a questionnaire as supplied to your local tavernkeep and send it to the Commandant's Office in Markev.

To those assisting the illiterate: please send applicant to the Commandant. More information can be found here

STATE YOUR FULL NAME:
STATE YOUR AGE:
STATE YOUR RACE:
STATE YOUR ORIGIN OR BIRTHPLACE:
HOW IS YOUR FIGHTING ABILITY? CAN YOU BE USED AS A SOLDIER?:
LIST ANY OTHER SPECIALTIES OR CRAFTS YOU HAVE MASTERED:

BE EXPECTING A FAST RESPONSE - BE PREPARED FOR FURTHER QUESTIONING
BLOOD AND SOIL

Edited by Kingdom of Haense

STATE YOUR FULL NAME: Rhys var Ruthern 
STATE YOUR AGE: 36
STATE YOUR RACE: Highlander
STATE YOUR ORIGIN OR BIRTHPLACE: County of Metterden in Axios
HOW IS YOUR FIGHTING ABILITY? CAN YOU BE USED AS A SOLDIER?: I was a former officer of the Royal Army of Haense, and veteran of many battles.
LIST ANY OTHER SPECIALTIES OR CRAFTS YOU HAVE MASTERED: Anything you need.

Edited by Imperium

STATE YOUR FULL NAME: Vavrinec Novak
STATE YOUR AGE: 27
STATE YOUR RACE: Human, Highlander
STATE YOUR ORIGIN OR BIRTHPLACE: Bellvitz
HOW IS YOUR FIGHTING ABILITY? CAN YOU BE USED AS A SOLDIER?: In a pinch I can serve as a scout, I was in the process of being conscripted prior to my leaving of the city.
LIST ANY OTHER SPECIALTIES OR CRAFTS YOU HAVE MASTERED: Searching for forage, tracking, hunting.

Name: Lothar Pæga

Race: Human, Highlander

Birthplace: Alban, Haense

Fighting Ability: Aptitude of swordsmanship; able to partake in military service

Specialties or crafts: Administration and diplomacy; quick learner ((unset/undetermined profession))

STATE YOUR FULL NAME: Mablung Enthelor
STATE YOUR AGE: 51
STATE YOUR RACE: Human, Highlander
STATE YOUR ORIGIN OR BIRTHPLACE: Auguston
HOW IS YOUR FIGHTING ABILITY? CAN YOU BE USED AS A SOLDIER?: I used to be armsman in the royal army of Haense before Renatus came.
LIST ANY OTHER SPECIALTIES OR CRAFTS YOU HAVE MASTERED: Woodcutting, Fishing, Mining

Edited by Mathijs

STATE YOUR FULL NAME:

-Rirnuk Dirdriath
STATE YOUR AGE:

-132 (born in 1525)
STATE YOUR RACE:

-Mali'ker (Dark Elf)
STATE YOUR ORIGIN OR BIRTHPLACE:

-Caras Eldar, Dominion of Malin
HOW IS YOUR FIGHTING ABILITY? CAN YOU BE USED AS A SOLDIER?:

-A professional with the bow and arrow

-is quite friendly to citizens.
LIST ANY OTHER SPECIALTIES OR CRAFTS YOU HAVE MASTERED:

-The art of scouting

-Learns fast

-Wise and intelligent

Edited by Melvinola

22 hours ago, Kingdom of Haense said:

STATE YOUR FULL NAME: Ithilian Enthelor
STATE YOUR AGE: 50-53
STATE YOUR ORIGIN OR BIRTHPLACE: Adelburg
HOW IS YOUR FIGHTING ABILITY? CAN YOU BE USED AS A SOLDIER?: i have been an Armiger in the Royal army ,an Huscarl for the Grais fleet and a vetaran of many battle and wars my  skills with a sword are good but my archery skills are even better
LIST ANY OTHER SPECIALTIES OR CRAFTS YOU HAVE MASTERED: I am a very good Commander, 
Strategist and tactician

and I am not affraid to die in battle

STATE YOUR FULL NAME: Curtis Black
STATE YOUR AGE: 20's
STATE YOUR ORIGIN OR BIRTHPLACE:  Erochland
HOW IS YOUR FIGHTING ABILITY? CAN YOU BE USED AS A SOLDIER?: Decent. Yes.
LIST ANY OTHER SPECIALTIES OR CRAFTS YOU HAVE MASTERED: None. 

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.