[✓] Atlantean Horse [Horse Subrace]

mateolog

Atlantean Horse

Image result for wild horse fantasy

The height of a Atlantean Horse is between 52 to 58 inches, 132 to 147 cm.

These animals weight around  500kg, 1102 pounds

They live in the rocky and mountainous mountains of Atlas, in particular in the western mountain ranges.

Atlantean horses are recognizable by their small stature yet extremely muscular build. In general, they tend to have a more upright shoulder. They tend to have broad, short backs with powerful hindquarters, to defend itself from predators. Additionally, the Atlantean horse usually has heavy and thick bones, suited for their life on the mountains, as breaking of a bone would most likely cause death. The horses also possess a lot of feathering on their lower legs.

The descendants have not have much contact with this horse. Not only its wild and stubborn nature makes it hard to train, but their short size makes them impossible to be ridden. This is excluding Halflings and Dwarves.

Two sub-breeds:

The two breeds separated as the dwarves and the halflings started domesticating these horses creating some minor differences in behaviour and characteristics.

Plums:

The Plum wild and stubborn behaviour has slowly faded away. All this power and potential was utilized instead to improve aspects of the horse that would help the halflings farm. Plums are strong plowers and can pull a plow that is 3 times its size. The milk of the Plum can also be harvested, despite is awful taste the milk can be made into a liquor.

migLgJuplEuQMIs1X-luk1fGh3VEsFk7tE-Ybiv4jDAc0sLK-8qDlq5ykYV2XIGiur2EQLBqPj2VzrfR3RBfW0640DsCgvj-D9UWyqxsrkp2GcsTH5__anlPYJq6YAACow

DharokTrumm:

When the dwarves first saw these creatures they were amazed on how strong and stubborn they were. Looking at the beasts the dwarves noticed some of them had patches of hair under their nostrils making it look like the horses had mustaches. A lot of the dwarves saw this as a gift from Yemmekar and took the horses to their lands to be trained and raised. The DharokTrumm kept most of their wild habits as stubbornness and wild nature as this behavior fit perfectly with the dwarven people. In hands of the dwarves these horse became mainly war horses as if they needed work to be done they could use the Plum which they saw as inferior for their lack of a mustache.

ZoJ5vKFz7ILMxMFhGPtGnBzmm9gbhUTFCxIgqEvZJb2dL_Oj2LKcr54WrLG5rJJFeZ6hPE2YdJXnq76sKH-RMcxgC_6hf4W6VECl65xqZgPmFoXuR-LBciKtBs6kvXuoRgfuizblhBXx_eII1V0xGLrQLY7ldvVNDbAOIO931hhh2NANR-GJZSQfysfBMUFJSmIf2eD74Pl0flIwLnhPvNYWFQEYB2-hnoFNWAwgQ-AoRIoEBV1L8acZMvZNhrmzL27A

Edited by ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗

Is it spelled Atlantean or Atlantian

1 hour ago, Pond said:

Is it spelled Atlantean or Atlantian

fixed, its Atlantean 

Edited by ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗

I like this concept! Cute little shire ponies for the halflings, and mustache horses for the dwarves. It’s unique, and I’m sure it would find a good bit of use, +1

mundane lore, nice

11 hours ago, WanderingSpirit said:

mundane lore, nice

hurt my feelings

11 hours ago, ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗ said:

hurt my feelings

na i actually mean that mundane lore is good, and its not magical lore that we have too much of already. Good job.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. Expect a reply within two weeks. We are trying something new so it should be sooner than that but things may go horrifically wrong so who knows.

Thread is being locked to prevent sneak edits to the lore while voting occurs as to not allow people sneaking stuff in. If you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.