Soul Tree Amendment

Sky

Soul Tree

Amendment

Unattunement

The act of unattuning a soul tree has but a singular difference between itself and the unattuning of a regular druid. That being, on top of being able to be unattuned through your person (in this case the husk), they are able to also be unattuned through their tree. There still needs to be three present, one who knows how to unattune and two who know how to attune, as well as the person to either be physically in front of the three (if doing it via husk) or to be online and being told through messages that their tree is being tampered with, in an attempt to be unattuned (if doing it via tree).

-Three druids required to perform an unattunement, one who can unattune and two who can attune.

-If being unattuned via the husk, the druid being unattuned must be there physically for the act to happen.

-If being unattuned via the tree, the druid must be online and informed that their tree is currently being attempted to remove the attunement.

-Cannot be unattuned via the sapling if the tree is currently destroyed, must be through the tree or husk.

-If the player (in either scenario) decides to log off (without probable cause) then the unattunement may continue without their presence.

After Effects

The after effects of a soul tree being unattuned has not been widely known, not until the unattunement of a previous druid who had returned to their previous life, as prior it was believed the user would not ever return. A soul tree user who is unattuned would have their husk die off, the tree slowly begin to wilt, and with it their soul would return to the soul stream, and like everyone else who dies, return to the land of the living. However, they look exactly how they did before taking on the gift and return to the age of which they were when taking on the ritual. With the return of their mortal flesh body, they are also unable to be reattuned into nature for a lengthy amount of time, it being three (3) elven months before any attempted reattunement would be able to work and like all reattunements, requires three individuals who all know how to unattune to reattune the individual.

-The husk disintegrates into a natural substance, as if destroyed (IE. soil, flowers, insects, etc).

-The tree slowly begins to wilt before dying completely, the tree itself cannot be saved. However branches of it can be, thus preserving part of the tree but not it as a whole, and the tree will be a regular variant of the species harvested from.

-The unattuned individual returns to life at the cloud temple (spawn).

-Their body is reverted to how it was prior to the soul tree ritual (age, markings, clothing, etc).

-The individual is unable to become reattuned to nature within three months of being unattuned.

-The reattunement requires three druids who all know how to unattune to reattune the individual.

Super glad something like this was finally posted by someone. It has my full support, as a soul tree player. Thanks, Sky.

oh hey I didn't expect my request to be met with all the drama going on, maybe we can finally stop having people hide their soul tree and then go around doing whatever the **** they want without fearing the consequences of their actions

This makes sense to me.. yes please.

Seeing as Oliver was able to get away with not having his character PK'd when his soul tree was unnattuned (atleast from what I've overheard) it makes sense that this should be turned into something that every holder has access to

+1

1 minute ago, OhDeerLord! said:

Seeing as Oliver was able to get away with not having his character PK'd when his soul tree was unnattuned (atleast from what I've overheard) it makes sense that this should be turned into something that every holder has access to

+1

to address the whining that always comes up regarding this topic, the old lore never specified that tree lords pk'd upon being unattuned (or talked about unattunement at all) so it wasn't enforced

Spoiler

768px-Twemoji_1f614.svg.png

Nah, we need more actual enforceable consequences on the server instead of just 'lol respawn'. Don't remove one of the few PK clauses people actually have to adhere to.

It's all fair and what not, but I still understand the loss of consequence by having the option to return to mortal body. It's a tough call.

Just as a precursor I have zero idea what's going on besides that there's some sort of drama going on with the druids/soul trees and killing Toren.

From the extremely little tiny bit I've heard I do believe there needs to be some form of un-attunement that creates rp. Forgive my ignorance if this is incorrect, as I basically have zero knowledge of druidism, but it seems a little off anyone could go up to a soul tree and off it. So some form of connection to the tree seems reasonable if someone were to just randomly start burning it or mucking about with it to off a character. That being said removing a possible pk because of ic drama seems a little...off to me. You created these trees with the benefits of being reborn at them, pretty much invincible, at the cost of something happens to the tree you're screwed.

Gonna have to give this one a solid -1, when you create your character and rp it you also have to deal with the ic decisions that character makes. Also please correct me if my understanding of trees is flawed, I'd love to be able to make a more sound argument from a more solid understanding.

7 hours ago, Wendigo said:

Just as a precursor I have zero idea what's going on besides that there's some sort of drama going on with the druids/soul trees and killing Toren.

From the extremely little tiny bit I've heard I do believe there needs to be some form of un-attunement that creates rp. Forgive my ignorance if this is incorrect, as I basically have zero knowledge of druidism, but it seems a little off anyone could go up to a soul tree and off it. So some form of connection to the tree seems reasonable if someone were to just randomly start burning it or mucking about with it to off a character. That being said removing a possible pk because of ic drama seems a little...off to me. You created these trees with the benefits of being reborn at them, pretty much invincible, at the cost of something happens to the tree you're screwed.

Gonna have to give this one a solid -1, when you create your character and rp it you also have to deal with the ic decisions that character makes. Also please correct me if my understanding of trees is flawed, I'd love to be able to make a more sound argument from a more solid understanding.

It wasn't removed due to IC drama, a rewrite has been in the works for the past several months and the majority of the soul tree community agreed with the premise of removing the PK clause, even members of the LT believed it to be a nuisance and adds no roleplay opportunities if removed. Thus it was decided to make them return to their prior form, personally I was considering having a permanent disconnection to nature, however I have already had complaints about having to wait three months of disconnected. 

So I'm failing to understand, Lion just said above there's nothing specific about having to pk your character if the tree is destroyed in old lore. So what exactly happened regarding that whole instance? Was Toren part of the old lore and he was grandfathered in and not have to pk, and since that time there's been new lore that requires a pk?

5 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

So I'm failing to understand, Lion just said above there's nothing specific about having to pk your character if the tree is destroyed in old lore. So what exactly happened regarding that whole instance? Was Toren part of the old lore and he was grandfathered in and not have to pk, and since that time there's been new lore that requires a pk?

There's 2 ST iterations, the old version and the current version. In the current version you get pk'd if you get unattuned I believe. Toren was killed under the current lore, that is why he pk'd. This lore would not reach back to retroactively revive him (if that was an intended perk, I'm stating now that loopholing out of the PK is a no go). Now, for the record, I made the request that an amendment regarding unattuning husks be made. The concern here is that you can hide your soul tree anywhere on the map, underground in some cave, and then you're basically free to do whatever you want. You can say **** the aspects and slaughter some druids and nothing could be done to you without them finding that tree. You can't get unattuned or punished or face any real consequences in roleplay since you always get revived at that tree. This has allowed for some bullshittery to occur over the past few months, which is why I wanted it addressed.

I am impartial on the PK or not PK debate though.

19 hours ago, The Pink Lion said:

There's 2 ST iterations

Okay thank you for clearing up my confusion. This lore addresses some of those concerns but it doesn't address the hiding of the tree issue as you stated, they'll still hide them. Perhaps allowing a person to be unattuned via direct contact will help solve the issue, but imho it won't. We'll just have to wait and see if the lore's passed.

Edit: I still dislike the lore amendment for removing a pk clause on something as powerful as a tree that literally regrows you.

16 hours ago, Sky said:

It wasn't removed due to IC drama, a rewrite has been in the works for the past several months and the majority of the soul tree community agreed with the premise of removing the PK clause, even members of the LT believed it to be a nuisance and adds no roleplay opportunities if removed. Thus it was decided to make them return to their prior form, personally I was considering having a permanent disconnection to nature, however I have already had complaints about having to wait three months of disconnected. 

Hey why not remove all spook pk clauses then, Im sure I could as easily find a reason for them to be removed.

Honestly i find this rewrite disgusting, it only seems as if you just want your precious character back, as well as all those dead soul tree users.

As of Oliver, he became a husk, broken thing that pk'd on his next death, I've no qualms with that kind of thing, but I do with people that refuse certain consequences.

In terms of roleplay opportunities, there's something called mourning and loss.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. Expect a reply within two weeks. We are trying something new so it should be sooner than that but things may go horrifically wrong so who knows.

Thread is being locked to prevent ninja edits to the lore while voting occurs. If you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.