[Completed][Completed] Banning People For Past History and Removing Them From the Server

firegirl7894523

8 hours ago, A Moongazer said:

wat about pius?? He did nothing wrong to warrant being re-banned and niccum demoted

I appreciate your support. The latter most result (niccums removal from the GM Team) seemed far more unreasonable. I understand why I might have been rebanned, though I wish it had been handled a bit more professionally on the Admin's part.

Regarding peoples ability to change referenced by Telanir, I think it's far too cynical to say they can't. In my case, when I was banned the last time, I had no intent to break the rules, but understood (with time) in retrospect where I broke them. A prime issue to take into account is where folks are coming from and the most RECENT behaviors from that individual. If one were to compare my behavior post-unbanning from Niccum, I tried to interact with the community, roleplay, and just have some fun. I very seldom in the, albeit, short time being unbanned, go into global OOC. I understood that going into global OOC would be imprudent.

My recent behavior wasn't, at least not visibly, taken into account. I had been banned for over a year or so by that time. I know people change because I did. I don't drink as much anymore, I've tempered my views, and grown to appreciate other opinions; all aspects that were absent from me a year ago.

To the point about taking other bans from other servers into account, I'd say that is improper for the admin staff. LotC ought to be treated for what it is; a unique community of players that are held to a standard some other servers might not hold them to. LotC ought to police behavior associated with LotC only.

20 hours ago, firegirl7894523 said:

-Should we remove players from the server who don't contribute to roleplay, either they memezs or run around with their goons shouting 'MINAZ OR DIE', or three emote 'stab xd'. 

I personally is against this because people like shouting this against all bandit players, despite many of us being able to offer logs to the contrary.

It would be extremely simple to get bandited on the road and say "they broke this rule ban them" and get a group of people banned, despite them having in general good roleplay, i know you firegirl have been with me on one or two of these banditing rounds and know what I'm talking about.

A easy way to targetban people you don't like or people who make you salty.
I do, as another point entirely, believe that there should be a closer eye kept on those who have broken rules before, and actually ban people for breaking rules, despite them being long-time players in big rp hubs, they broke a rule and should be banned. this goes for all, elven players, orc players, etc etc, a rule is a rule.

To add more onto this, i also think that a permaban should be just that, permanent, and not a few months with an appeal and apology for them to come back to do the exact same thing again, repeat and repeat.

This happens with both RP people and PvP people. they break a rule and either don't get banned since they're well known in the playerbase. or get a permaban and then get unbanned a few months later.

So, instead of stalking players on all other servers (that they could still lie about easily), i think the focus should instead lie on actually enforcing, clarifying, and critically, finish, the rules of this server.

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.