[Completed][Completed] Banning People For Past History and Removing Them From the Server

firegirl7894523

This is not a suggestion, merely a debate which come up on another server.

The context to this debate is, Admins on X server banned Player A for having a horrible history. Player A had been banned on over 10 servers for various accounts of rulebreaking, flyhacking, RAK, and manipulating staff and players. Recently Player A was banned on server X for doing flyhacking and RAK, however the staff added his punishment for manipulating staff and 'not contributing to the overall theme of the server'. Player A was banned permanently with no appeal. 

My debate is, 

-Should we ban players who have been banned frequently, and prioritize players who have a clean ban history. Ie, ban players who have been banned on more than 5 servers, ban players for just being memezs and trolls, and give more power to players with clean ban history's?

-Should we remove players from the server who don't contribute to roleplay, either they memezs or run around with their goons shouting 'MINAZ OR DIE', or three emote 'stab xd'. 

-Should we ban players for manipulating staff and players for OOC reasons, and ban players who staff find untrustworthy?

I think if they are not breaking server rules there is no reason to ban them, albeit at moderators discretion as it has been for a while. There is no way to police what happens on other servers and I think for the integrity of LoTC it should be based on what they've done or not done on this server rather than on other ones. Untrustworthyness is based on opinion so I do not think that is a viable reason for a ban.

Just my two cents.

4 hours ago, firegirl7894523 said:

-Should we ban players who have been banned frequently, and prioritize players who have a clean ban history. Ie, ban players who have been banned on more than 5 servers, ban players for just being memezs and trolls, and give more power to players with clean ban history's?

-Should we remove players from the server who don't contribute to roleplay, either they memezs or run around with their goons shouting 'MINAZ OR DIE', or three emote 'stab xd'. 

-Should we ban players for manipulating staff and players for OOC reasons, and ban players who staff find untrustworthy?

I get muted frequently in Bed Wars, doesn't mean I say or do things on this server to be muted or banned. Other people go meme on other servers and get banned for whatever. A friend was banned from another server for 'autosoup' despite just being extremely fast at souping from his hotbar. Why ban people who meme etc on other servers but are proper on lotc?

People do get banned for poor quality emotes and bad villainy. It just doesn't get enforced as much these days as it did when we had villain apps and stricter(??) staff.

I don't even trust staff and I'm former staff. So no, there's a reason people don't trust staff. It's pretty valid too. 

The only thing I agree with is removing players that hinder the community in any way. Purposely memeing during rp, trolling, etc.  (all with the intent to disrupt other players.)

Doesn't matter how many other servers they've been banned on, if they follow the rules for this one there is no reason to remove them. I also believe just because the "staff" find someone untrustworthy is DEFINITELY not a reason to ban, unless the staff member(s) can provide actual proof of an offense that warrants a ban.

14 minutes ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

GMs tried extending my ban for 6 months for bypassing lwc with pro, rg and lwc owners permission.

They've also banned me for 3 days for saying retard in roleplay whereas I have seen people say much worse in rp even racial slurs like "I say n you say i...." and not a single one of them gets banned. 

Do not ban someone because they have had history. 

Two wrongs don't make a right. Proceeding on topic, people should be punished more strictly for a history of bans on /this/ server. People who commit more crimes, are more likely to do so again. You shouldn't take someones bans on another server as justification for punishment on a different one however, as they could have have had skewed reasoning. Banning someone for actions committed somewhere else is unjust, and makes no logical sense. It is good information to have though, as say someone is known for staff abuse on multiple different servers. That doesn't really make you think they'd be responsible for staff, now does it? The same reflects on them as a person for what they've done on other communities. 

Nah, give em a clean slate when joining a new server. If they break that servers rules then they should be punished accordingly. Although in some cases where the person is a hacker or known to get into peoples mc accounts or discords I'd be hesitant to allow them on the server.

Permanent bans should be permanent 

I'd like to chip in my personal reasoning for why I choose to pardon folks who were banned, just because.

If you approach me to be pardoned, you are going to convince me one way or another that offering you access to LotC services is going to benefit this community. In the beginning, every player inherently has something to offer. Many people contribute more than their share, and some as players rather than as staff, and I encourage everybody to appreciate this.

You are valuable by default, in my eyes, and the server will be opened for you to share the experience.

However, this breaks down when you establish a negative precedent. Every time that someone violates the guidelines or server rules everyone feels it. It is not one time but many small missteps that slowly crumble this experience. Someone who has broken no rules and has been an upstanding member of this community gets the privilege of benefit of the doubt. Their slip ups in contrast to their reputation are forgivable, because they aren't a constant stress and gamble to all of us.

If you are banned from LotC multiple times, it's safe to say it's a fair chance I'll be seeing trouble if I bring you back. So each time, you must depart for longer, until eventually, you can never come back. In my experience, people don't change. I have been on this server for almost 7 years now and if there is one conclusion it is this. I've seen it happen few and far between—you have to put all of your effort into it.

We don't profile behaviour on other servers though, I think that's none of our business.

wat about pius?? He did nothing wrong to warrant being re-banned and niccum demoted

I think you should only be banned for breaking server rules on the server (AND THAT STILL SHOULDN'T BE THE FIRST RESPONSE TO RULE BREAKING IN MOST CASES. THE STAFF SHOULD ALWAYS DO THEIR JOB FIRST AND TRY TO MODERATE THE PROBLEM.), moderating stuff off the server isn't the business of the LoTC staff.