[✓] [ Druidism Shapeshifting Amendment] Removal of the Tome

Delmodan

Forenote: Credit to Arik and the other shifters for coming together and making this proposal.

The Removal of the Shapeshifting Tome

s7_iNWhnzSnoylq7XWA3yG9FjOwenaD4ZGcnkChev5HXWfG7q3a0-Fc-jae_RsxKh5AV5abyV-UCBz6sOVVU87qJH_cvfCOmgbpaBgo_ul_uEmOUjfKbifK-vo7nhynL2yLUsNts

Pic from Billybones-DeviantArt

Shapeshifting Amendment Proposal, for the LT/MT
This is a proposal seeking  approval from the LT to change/retcon certain lore Aspects of Shapeshifting. This allows for certain IC events to proceed unhindered but eliminate some lore inconsistencies that dog down the tome.

1- Remove the tome's status as a deific artifact.
As far as Druidic lore is concerned and the lore of the Aspects, it actually would be inconsistent of the Aspects to directly distribute instructions for mortals to utilize.  More likely ancient Druids discovered the technique, and documented the rituals for it.

2- Remove protection, unique status, or invincibility associated with the tome.
Allow the tome to be copied, torn or destroyed.  If the tome is destroyed, Teachers are able to write back down the steps for the rituals like they would other secret things such as Soul trees, from experience and wisdom from teaching others.

3- The trials/ritual associated with and outlined in the shapeshifting tome are required, NOT the tome.
In consistency with lore, this means that the tome is no longer necessary for others to read directly from.  Instead, the steps taken are what matter. This also aligns with the Druidic mythos. The Grotto however is still required.

4- Teaching can continue unhindered
As stated above, teachers can continue teaching current trials either from their own knowledge of the trials or from a copy of the book.  No training should be impacted as a result. Those that seek out TAs still need to be trained on how to teach the trials.

I strongly believe the above falls in line with the mythology, theme, and overall lore that has existed with the Druids.  Now we have an IC catalyst to help eliminate the inconsistency that has plagued the lore for years.

I am in support of this. The only problem I'm seeing are the possible fears of it becoming too widespread of a magic by being freely teachable, but I personally have no issue with that. The magic has been pretty exclusive, and anyone wanting it to remain exclusive seems only interested in themselves. No offense.

I feel like this should be written into a lore perspective, as I feel like any proposal to lore should very well be. Perhaps a rendition of the original lore to appropriate it, which would make a better read for newer players, and other players as a whole coming into the fold. 

I think this is a good idea since its no longer a "secret" in roleplay

+6

rip one of the cooler parts of druidism

This idea excites me in ways I cannot publicly discuss.

4 minutes ago, Skale said:

This idea excites me in ways I cannot publicly discuss

But yet, you still will probably end up doing so regardless.

Do it. This has been one of the most tightly controlled cliques since inception, and it's high-time a sledgehammer got taken to the tome. +1

Everyone knows my opinion on this.  I've seen no end of OOC conflict revolving around shifting.  Furthermore, since they removed our ability to use mobdisguise in the past there's no mechanical advantage from the magic.  I see no reason for it to be secret when more useful, powerful and easier to attain subsets of Druidism exist. 

I also hold hope that this can help heal some resentment among Druids.