Recovered Scripts of the Mad

ScreamingDingo

An initiative of historians have uncovered small texts strewn throughout history, allowing for the public to read them at their own accord. Labeled under strange occultism and mythos, those who wish to read them may below.

village_square_by_vityar83-dbsuy7d.png

Artwork by VityaR83 - https://www.deviantart.com/art/village-square-713601193

Records of ancient Occultism. Object related - Led to suicide.

16th of the Amber Cold, 1437

The darkness has reverberated through the lands, I’ve tried to hide ever since the constructs marched. I can’t escape, something will bring the darkness and end of times to us. I’ve felt it, seen it… My eyes weep with blood for some reason, all because I uncovered a small tablet that allowed me to - to travel. I saw the giant beast looming over the lands, blood and anguish mixing through with dirt and tearing apart these strange creatures. Man, woman, child. It did not care, I thought the end was not near, not in my lifetime. Yet I have glimpsed people settling upon these lands, I don’t know what to do.

Let us hope that this is not true, this tablet was found in a ruin, a very strange place where reminants of blue sludge would seep through the ground. I ensured to destroy its entrance, whatever was in there must not be found. I did not understand what I found but I feel it watching, aching over my shoulder. It’s breath felt upon my skin and sending shivers through my spine, I cannot take it back. I can maybe save everyone, or everything. I have glimpsed into something that is beyond everything I have known.

Please, let me do this. I will glimpse into the tablet later.

18th of the Amber Cold, 1437

I looked within the tablet… I’m lost for words and cannot explain what happened, my child has come down with a sickness. Their skin is littered with horrific tumors and a strange brand is placed upon their forehead, the town witch apparently has a remedy for such an affliction but I do not trust it. They mess with forces beyond us all, I cannot hope for such a thing to work but it is the only thing that shall save him.

The tablet showed me someone burning violently within this strange liquid. Three white figures surrounding him as I saw his skin bubble and contort. It burst with blood and vanish within seconds, eaten by the liquid. Witchcraft, horrors… It must be playing with my mind. This cannot be true, I have never even seen the cities that this was present in. The crown of gold knocked near the pool and a city of… stone. This must be something I cannot ever understand.

Maybe I shall speak to the Hag about this, but the priority is my son. I cannot let him die.

21st of the Amber Cold, 1437

I visited the hag, I showed them the tablet and… They sent me away, they screeched at me and burnt sage wherever I sat. Some strange custom, they swore at me in some strange tongue and said my son was doomed for the actions I did. I don’t know what I have done, I buried him yesterday in the backyard because the tumors constricted his neck and turned him blue. I can’t believe the witch, I didn’t cause this. I never could have. My wife believed the hag though, she left. The village has rumors and is staring at me like some strange, occultist. The allure of the tablet is felt, it has whispered its true purpose. I am a prophet, I have prophesied the future. I am a doombringer. I must save myself.

I will peer into the tablet again for guidance, it is all I have left. The ruins are gone, my son is gone, my family is gone. It will show me the way.

22nd of the Amber Cold, 1437

ቻልነፕልክዐልጕጋኗጌጋጎጌዐዪል ዐጎልዘቿጎዐኗዘዐሁዘኗጌዐጌቻዐጋልነዕጌጋኗዐጌልዐጋኗዕጌል ዐዘልነፕሁዐዘልጎዐፕሁጋቿየዐጋኗየዪቿጕጋሃ9-0ቿጎሃዐቿጋሃየጎዘቿ የጎቿዪሃሁ0ጎ9ቿዪዘዐጎፕክሠክሃፕ

DEaTh.                 wOrm cOnSuMe    aLlL.                     E S cape m u s    t be m a d    e.

T̶h̶o̶s̶ Those who stay. Die.

Glimpsed into eternity, stared back. Blood covers eyes.

Gave me sight. Eternal, cannot escape.

Must die, escape. Death protects me.

Bye, see you soon.

ልዒ ቿጌክጕዘዐዘሃዘልየቿልየጎል ዘክልክ ጋክልጋረክፕቿል ዐዐቿልጋፕጎየ ልክፕክ ጋልጌኗዕዐሁዘልየ ፕክልዘ ጎ[ሃ ጠልክፕ ዐክልቿፕ ክክረጕል ክል

The pages end here, skeletal remains were found hanging within the ruined hamlet this was procured from.

Further pages and ruins must be uncovered and sources must be inspected for suspected occultism.

"We're talking horrors. . . with the power to collide worlds as they please. We're not fit to lick their boots."

. . .

"Gives me conniptions.."

f87a7c50329257cb76f012c70d4f2202.jpg

ritual_by_merl1ncz-d9vw50f.jpg

Artwork by merl1ncz

SUBJECT - RECENT ANOMALY, FOUND WITHIN FORESTS OF CARAS ELDAR.

SITE OF MASS RITUAL SUICIDE, DEATH THROUGH DISMEMBERMENT OR EXSANGUINATION

Twenty corpses were found at the ritual site amongst the trees, site has been cleaned up from blood and occultist literature has been relocated. One of them was littered in scars of eyes drawn across his arms, forehead and chest. The rest appear to be wearing what were simple hempen robes. Though covered in blood, original quality was unable to be identified.

The site consisted of copious amounts of burnt sage and animal sacrifices. Totems to the Aspects were strewn up, though repurposed into two horrific totems which were burnt during the mass exsanguination of the cultists.

One part of the occultist literature was found at the center altar of the site, a manuscript written in ink hastily that was almost unidentifiable to those who researched. Those its origins are suspected, it cannot be confirmed to be part of that, since no script has been made for the suspected author.

Trees around the site were removed for the inscriptions that littered them, bloodied symbols and runes denoted to the [REDACTED]. Increased signs of such rituals have meant that [REDACTED].

With this, caution is advised as black magic and things beyond the regular grasps of the Gods and Void are possible. Though, one must be prepared to delve into madness if they wish to. All recommendations against this and all occultist items should be destroyed before they can gain influence as they [REDACTED].

Also remnants of canine corpses have been strewn around the site, collected once again. Their faces flayed to reveal their teeth and their pelts laid across their skeletal bodies akin to cloaks. This arrangement leads to our sources that [REDACTED] has been discovered by someone and is enforcing its will.

All those involved were dead and further information could not be gathered about the purpose of the ritual and to who specifically they were in worship to.

13th of the First Seed, 1660 - Curator Tybalt.

they_talked_to_their_disease_by_priestof

Artwork by Paradox-Off

Anomaly investigated - random corpses and literature relating to something called the ‘Dreamer’.

Various, ragged corpses are been found around the Orcish deserts. Near skin and bone with their eyes gouged out or vacant, blood streaming down their face akin to tears present in all the victims. Sometimes the ichor staining through the skin and implanting itself onto the skull of the cadavers

A few texts and scriptures have been recovered from the corpses, literature based on an entity called the Dreamer. All were found at sites of potential ritual, candles alight and strange scripts drawn within the sand. One of the excerpts is below.

The Trial of Darkness -

The acolytes whom read these pages are now bound to search for their forms within the consciousness of the ‘Dreamer’. For the world shall be cleansed by the Aengudaemonia, we must prepare our vessels to transcend to places where gods do not dwell, within the Dreamer’s consciousness is the only salvation.

For once you have been able to enter the Dreamer’s consciousness, finding your vessel is a perilous journey which requires the complete subjection of yourself to him. The will of the ‘Dreamer’ should guide those that have been attuned to his thoughts, otherwise the darkness that lingers within the back of his mind shall hunt you down. An invader who is not welcome, yet the Dreamer wishes for all to come enter his mind for that is where true eternity is. Tall, lithe creatures have been spotted within his consciousness. Do not approach them or ask, do not linger. For they will subjugate you to the nightmares of the Dreamer, where pain and misery are the strongest. No light is felt within the Nightmare of the dreamer, no life. Nothing is felt, but the occasional whimper of torture and chill that goes across your skin. You are not of your vessel anymore, but this is not the transcendence you would wish for.

To overcome the Dreamer’s nightmares, one must be clear of mind and allow their consciousness to shape and bend the reality of the Dreamer. To control it and become part of their will. Once this happens, you will be attacked by the apparitions of the Nightmare, escaping such horrors will cause immunity to you in the trials to come. Before you are ready to truly enter the Dreamer’s consciousness.

You must fight them back, you must control them or you shall be one of them.

Remember that the aengudaemonia will shatter the boundaries between their world and ours. We cannot stay for long. We must enter the consciousness of the Dreamer, where immortality is truly achieved.

Master Benedict

The excerpt allows us to glimpse into the cause of death of the follower. No signs of exsanguination or self-harm are seen by the teams that investigated the strange occult rituals. Talks about the ‘Dreamer’ are spreading among the darkest beings, some strange malignant force that appears to offer immortality for death. Hypocritical but that is all we can currently gauge from the evidence found.

Occult anomalies linked to suicide and self mutilation. Caution is advised for anyone pursuing any articles of literature they find relating to the ‘Dreamer’.

Curator Gerald.

juan-francisco-martinez-borges-demon-mir

Artwork by Juan Francisco Martinez Borges

SUBJECT : OCCULT ANOMALY. SINGLE CORPSE INSIDE HOUSE.

SITE SEEMS TO BE SOME SORT OF RITUAL GONE WRONG.

Upon investigation of the home it seemed quaint, though all glassware within the house was either cracked or shattered completely. Windows had large cracks which raked through its surface and hid any sort of semblance of reflection. Otherwise nothing was disturbed in the first rooms of the home. The kitchen, comfort room and other areas on the ground floor were basically untouched. No signs of any sort of supernatural or anomalous activity within the grounds of this estate.

Upon reaching the stairs, the scent of Atheros was present, burnt. The stench lingered and seemed to be attached to most of the upper floor. Nothing was seen to be abnormal until we reached the site of the ritual within the woman’s bedroom. Sheets were torn and visible readings from voidal experimentation and occultism were strewn about the room. A missive from a previous investigation was found, about the ‘Dreamer’. The site of the ritual had strange inscriptions drawn with blackened ink and salt surrounding the woman. Her gaze seems to be completely blank and her eyes now lacking any sort of structure apart from the white.

Further investigation to the eyes have shown signs of petrification, the skin was cold and did not suffer the same signs of such. This was not the work of a cockatrice, as suspected by the original observations of petrification. Her arms were covered in inscriptions in some strange language, linked to these occult disturbances of the ‘Dreamer’. No script has been made or translated, but the passages seemed familiar as they trailed up the woman’s body.

The mirror where the ritual took place appeared to be completely fragmented. Shards of glass protruding and some completely vanished. A darkened glaze has overtaken the original sheen of the mirror, seen through some sort of action close to heating and burning the glass. The literature and body have been taken and the home has been burnt to ashes, structures destroyed. There is a belief that this woman was trying to enter some consciousness that was linked to voidal arts and/or the ‘Dreamer’ entity.

There have been rumors of Astral sight, but this seems to be a much more sinister ritual which has gone wrong. Details will not be disclosed, beware all those that seek wishes beyond mortal temptation. For it may come and seek your truest desires to glimpse inside your body.

Curator Gregory.

abyss_by_alexruizart-dc97cde.jpg

Artwork by Alex Ruiz

Excerpts have been uncovered by the Curators in regards to the followers of the Dreamer. Almost as, recruitment messages? We are unsure of the true purpose of these notices but they are undoubtedly linked to the occultist sites that have grasped long the coasts of Atlas.

Read at your own discretion, those who know about the ‘Egregore of Pain’ shall make more sense to this than us, currently. For the information has not been uncovered by our sources.

The veil was broken by the pariahs that were linked to the Egregore of Pain. For with this, we were able to glimpse through the emptiness that was left and see our futures. How our world will continue on its cycle of pain, of war, of death. It will never stop, for what we have created is this idea of morality. This idea of good, evil, violence, everything we take for granted is truly seen beyond the rift that was created.

Everything is seen and represented, all created by the ‘Dreamer’ himself. The pathway to enter his consciousness and escape our mortal forms is within ourselves. For if we truly peer into the veil that was torn from our eyes. The true sights of humanity’s creations are observed and learned by disciples of the ‘Dreamer’. We must find those worthy to traverse into the consciousness of the ‘Dreamer’, those who will escape the cycle that surrounds all of descendant kind. You must peer into what you believe is the unknown to truly escape the torment. The Gods cannot reach you within the consciousness of the Dreamer. For we have created him, he is the embodiment of all descendant kind.

The seven skies were thought to be our heaven, but this is not where we are destined. We are destined to become part of our own creation, emotions and the ability to reason have granted us the ‘Dreamer’.

Discover how to escape this madness, we await you. Children of the Egregore.

Brother Clementide

The association has also heard of rumors of some sort of being, akin to a Wendigo spotted within climates of cold or those that touch items that seem to be connected to this occultist phenomenon. Extreme caution is advised, the magics that are linked to its form are beyond the comprehension of the descendants at this time.

Do not worry, but do not stay content.

Curator Gregory

Strange writings have been uncovered in dens of occultist activity. It is believed that man is trying to understand and fathom the complexities of these strange forces at work. The 'Dreamer' and other entities are being linked towards a central force. Whatever this is, it is truly frightening within the context of our existence.

Always beware of the writings that we present, these symbols and contents are presumed safe, though we cannot stop the possibility of certain individuals succumbing to adverse effects.

Curator Tybalt, 24th of the Sun's Smile, 1669

arcane_scribblings__book_by_h4m15h.jpg

Artwork by h4m15h

The unknown treads long through the fringes of reality, the aengudaemon stand as makeshift idols to powers that are beyond the comprehension of the descendants. They believe they are the ultimate, or perhaps even the void. The most dangerous thing within existence are the descendants and their unlimited potential. The use of life force is placed upon the mantle of the necrotic, but they barely tred toward the horrors that lie across the veil of the [Redacted].

Human nature is what separates the insanity and chaos of this realm from destroying itself from within. Limitless potential is what was given to us by the Creator, for he created us in the image of himself, yet we have no experienced the true extent of such creation. For we have became gods, we have utilised forces that are beyond the forces of nature. What we are, are simple vessels of a limitless power that flows through us. The existence of human emotion, and thought. A collective hivemind that dwells within the darkness of all of descendant kind.

For the potential we can access, we can create beings of proportions beyond godhood, things that would consume the pantheon of the aengudaemon if truly utilised. Whatever Mordskov was, was remnants of this. Human potential is the true catastrophe of the multiple realms of existence. For we can delve into this unlimited potential within us all, the spirits utilise this pathway but truly skip past the horrors that dwell within.

Demonic entities beyond the aengudaemon pantheon lurk within every shadow, things that cannot be fathomed by those who believe they are well versed with the supernatural aspects of the Aos and Eos. Whatever we believe is the status quo, is not.

The power lies within, what we can access and what we can achieve are two different scales that shall never collide.

The thoughtform will destroy us all, but they will not exist without us.

ANOMALY - [ITEM]

DESCRIPTION - [PUZZLE BOX]

THREAT- [UNKNOWN]

ITEM DUBBED 'PRISON OF THE GODS'

the_hollow_heart_by_steelgohst.jpg

Artwork by steelgohst

An analysis upon the item that has been spread by some strange entity. Originally in the possession of world leaders, this box has made its rounds through the population. Yet none has truly opened the contents that lie within.

The ornate box is covered in a strange material that feels akin to flesh, a humming and dull heartbeat exude themselves from the structure of the puzzle box. Beyond that, there is not much known about this strange item other than its significance to the ‘Dreamer’ and other associated entities.  The notches and markings within the box do not indicate a possible way to open such an object.

We have exposed this object to ‘willing’ participants. There have been various cases of induced mania and insanity caused from proximity from the item. There were whispers about some potential which is locked within us all, that if we relinquish the power within ourselves, that it will be able to manifest whatever is desired. Test subjects were then later dealt with, becoming incomprehensible messes of flesh, not human anymore.

If one is in possession of such an artefact, it is strongly advised that all physical contact is avoided with the object. Using fabrics is rumored to be able to block the occultist influence of the item, otherwise keep this locked in a room with no contact with descendant kind. This artefact has no true knowledge found about it, only rumors that circulate which we will not disclose for the safety of the descendant races.

Remember to always stay safe, items and strange anomalies of the occult can corrupt and destroy us all. Be vigilant and either destroy these objects or store them where they cannot cause harm.

Curator Tybalt - 2nd of Malin’s Welcome, 1670

il_570xN.623668256_8mb8.jpg?version=0

Artwork by Zarono

ANOMALY - ENTITY

THREAT - DANGEROUS

RELATION TO, 'THE DREAMER', 'PRISON OF THE GODS', 'THE BARRIERS'

DUBBED 'THE WENDIGO OF THE MIND'

Recent scriptures have been found from occultist drawings gathered by imprisoned subjects retrieved at certain sites that we maintain. A dark entity which disguises itself and stays  within the confines of humanoid figures to the human eye. Though, its true form has not been proven or spoken of with clarity by our sources. The drawing above is a depiction of madness that was recorded, with symbols related to 'The Dreamer' littered across the pages. We attempted to understand the messages and maddened whispers of the occultist and only deciphered a few things from their mania.

The entity is linked to some strange plane of existence that can mimic our own it seems, though that of the aengudaemonic spectrum. Small paths and roads which intertwine within the very fabric of our world and transcend into the madness of this other plane of existence. This is linked to some shrines which are scattered around Atlas, one of 'The Barriers' being uncovered and deciphered. Another eldritch object which seems to carry something almost akin to a consciousness and thought process, but that is for another entry.

The Wendigo has the ability to bewitch those that it encounters, forming a mark upon their soul it seems. Some strange connection which links to their 'ego', strange words that we do not understand yet but the occultist insisted on this being the main object that the Wendigo affects. We have no idea what this creature is actually called, we simply named this creature based on the sightings of actual Wendigos within the Aeldenic continent, deathly figures that seem to hide within the shadows. The other drawings we have seen have emphasised either tentacles or eyes that spread through out a gelatinous form. Nothing really connects with our analysis of the multiple stories, with the exception of links to this occultist phenomenon of 'The Dreamer'.

Voidal energies were first suspected of being linked to these anomalies, but further inspection has led to the dispelling of this theory. The plane of the voidal matter cannot be linked to such occurrences,  we truly cannot fathom what this other realm of existence they praise and talk about,  is. The truth of this is that we are all quite dumbfounded by this jump with the knowledge our small company has gathered.

If this entity is beyond the Aengudaemonic and Voidal existence, what other magic truly lies within our world? If you report any sightings of this creature, or anything relating to the entities above. Ensure you compile the research and results, nothing can truly be understood until we are able to connect the dots. Godspeed, descendants of Atlas. I worry for us all, the deeper we delve into this, the more twisted this whole situation and its proportion becomes.

Curator Gregory, 1671

Edited by GrimReaper98

rifts_by_eemeling-d6kmrgj.jpg

Artwork by Eemeling

ANOMALY - ELDRITCH OBJECT

SUBJECT - ‘THE BARRIERS’ A SET OF TOMES

THREAT - DANGEROUS

This report is based on the anomalies surrounding a set of tomes which have been named ‘The Barriers’ by those who have possessed them. There is a belief that only four are in circulation, but many more may not be accounted for.

‘The Barriers’ is a tome of mundane origin, made of leather and quite sizable in proportion to other books. Though, physical observation and testing the object have allowed us to connect the same material used in ‘The Prison of the Gods’ on the tome. It appears to have a dull heartbeat and a sensation of warmth akin to descendant kind. Other than that, there is nothing strange about this object with a glance.

We used one of the company associates to explore the contents of this tome, though it varied upon each interpretation. We lost two men to mania when gazing upon the pages, they were maddened and could not move, almost akin to petrification. This has not been reversed and both men have been dealt with in a painless way to free them of the grasp of the tome. The third man was able to gaze within the tome without breaking to mania.

The contents of the tome have been described as an eldritch set of texts and symbols which appear to have no pattern or coherency. Though, as the reader continues to observe this, they are able to see patterns and shapes form upon the pages. This pattern does not change if they turn the pages, every page within the tome appears to hold the same image and move in unison.

This has been tested,  two hundred and forty-four pages were accounted for and seen to have the exact same pattern.

After prolonged exposure to the tome, there appears to be an ‘endurance’ test which comes from the pages. Some traumatic event it seems, since the one test subject who we believe survived this test saw himself being torn apart by ghastly figures, faces made of pure darkness. No color, just black and yellowed paper for its background. Though, once this is passed. A voice seemingly welcomes the reader and whispers as it was next to them.

The sensation of breath is felt upon the ears as something is looming over you. These effects do not disappear when the tome is gazed away from, it is broken when physical contact is removed from the eldritch item in the case of the subject. Though we are unsure if this stays prolonged depending on the user.

The voice will ask for some bargains upon the idea of equivalent exchange, though what it asks for is unknown at the current moment since the test subject was too shaken by the experience to continue the experiments. Those who come in contact with this item should proceed with extreme caution.

The feeble-minded or weak-willed may find themselves in states of near death or something truly horrifying. Also, destruction of the book appears to work. It was discarded and incinerated after these experiments.

Curator Tybalt, 1671

3bc8b4dab6a440bb81e4c6042780d4c2--strich

Below is an excerpt recovered from a victim found within the outskirts of the Loftywoods. Hanging from a rope, the body was slightly decomposed and was in possession of this note. The body remained otherwise untouched, no animal would go near it.

Potential for an occultist anomaly, the contents of the note are frightening in tandem with the response from other beings.

Once again, beware. We cannot truly understand or fathom what is happening at this current moment.

Curator Tybalt, 1672

What truly lies within your mind, many do not know the true workings of what lies within us all. Many will say a simple organ of flesh, others will say the soul. Though what the mind can delve into is the true evils of this world. Evil, which is us, humanity. Descendant-kind. The moniker has been said to be that of ‘meditation’, ‘the astral plane’ and a variety of other terms that people use to rationalise this.

But the demons that dwell within this world are caused and created by your mind, every time you see a shadow linger and flicker in the corner of your mind. It is truth, for the mind is the only thing that can process such truths. Others label people as deranged, insane, many characteristics which are akin to what happens when you glimpse the true horrors of this world.

Death may break you for a moment, but true sight will damage and contort your willpower and dissolve it. What happened that day in Mordskov was the realisation that our minds are the most dangerous weapons in our world. The gods could not withstand it, nothing could, a manifestation of true horror that was created by people. But what does this mean? If that was created by a few, then what truly lingers in the minds of the deranged.

The creatures that dwell within the shadows are from the Dreamer, but not only them. An eye that watches and looks over everything that our minds process. We cannot break his watch, for he never sleeps. He is eternal and lies within the stars that dwell within our mind. He controls us, he ensures our compliance and our morbid curiosity.

People try to blame an external source, the void, the gods. There are a variety of explanations that keep these observations grounded within our reality. But grounding is what we do, to cope. The flickers of light that dwell within your sight are not false, the shadows that walk among you in the dark. The eyes that pierce upon your back as you walk, these are all forces that are true. They are not simply ghosts, or scoundrels. They are manifestations of the mind that you have granted cause to, and that cause is to consume you. To twist what semblance of sanity you have left.

What can we do, when the biggest horrors that we can succumb to, constantly follow us. Are we truly destined to fall? Iblees cursed us, but I believe this curse transcends the amplitude of godly horrors.

We are all, in danger.

6a95540950ddbb2ae8ce18c2f0e1b1eb--cthulh

An essay written by one of the researchers focusing on the occultist anomalies relating to the Mordskovian Horrors and the current 'Dreamer'-esque entity that subtly lies within the background of this continent. All of the contents are simply inferences, we cannot confirm or deny any of the claims that are made within the writings below. Concepts of the Void, Dream-Scapes, Mordskov, Dreamer and Godly Usurption are mentioned within the paper, if any of those cause you distress, we recommend you do not read the entry below.

Stay safe as always, Atlas. We must continue to discover the boundaries of what we tread upon.

The orientation of the worldly aspects must align for the formation of an entity which can break through the veil and enter reality, for the veil’s power comes from the true gift of humanity, ignorance. The ignorant are the safest from these entities, while those who seek them like us are at the most danger. They seem intertwined with our very beings, the deepest, darkest nightmares that we think of dwarf the true fear that these beings can create. Though, this also means our eternal curiosity to seek such entities will never be satisfied until we gaze upon them ourselves. What is the price to gaze towards the unknown? As we’ve observed through the recent ritual sites, those believe that there is a level of vision that can be obtained to view such entities. The idea of ‘Astral Sight’ which baffles us, as we have not experienced it or have any true way to explore such a possibility.

Whatever the voidal entity is that people explore, it seems like a small figment toward those who orientate their sights upon the eternal unknown. The darkness that cannot be explained as easy as necrotic arts or the ghostly arts of mysticism, something that transcends their understanding and pierces into every whim and fabric of the world we walk upon. The Gods always seem powerless except against us, the descendant kind who enable such actions, though they can be measured and challenged through the actions we have taken. These creatures do not have the same level of human thinking as the ‘Gods’ appear to have, they are manifestations that break any semblance of reason. They are pure, they are untouched by the ideas of human doubt and possibility, they simply dwell within the insanity that is the descendants.

Most things do not measure to these occultist phenomenon, though the dream-scape and reality of the saga of the September Prince appear to hold some comparison, an entity which is in fact twisted by how people interact with it. Not by other forces, but raw human emotion and interaction. I cannot explain or even understand if there is a connection with the ‘Egregore’ and the September Prince, but there is a possibility. The idea that there are powers that are controlled by us can be a blessing and an eternal curse in disguise. Perhaps the curses of the Betrayer were not the only things bestowed to us, but the curse of limitless potential and power when utilised. The mind can already access the plane of existence which is the voidal depths of nothingness, if we scratch the surface of concepts like that then a rabbit hole appears where we can fall into.

Voidal sight, voidal feeling, voidal sensations. These concepts have been created from a source which all of us believed would be untouched by the hands of the descendants, yet here we are. The magi’ have truly utilised themselves to proportions that are almost alien to the average person, yet what if there is a power untouched within the average person. Why did the Thannic storms of Mordskov destroy the magi’ more than the mundane, why could they cause the break in such an unstable entity. It was not simply the thannic winds themselves, the proportion of the emissions was far beyond the scale of nature. It was something, the same something which exploded from that town and sent a blizzard-esque wave of horrors across the continent of Tahn. Whatever we delve into, it appears the average person has more of an affinity to these arts than the magi’ that have already dedicated themselves to another plane of existence. Though what scares me, is if these magi’ learn of how to access these occultist anomalies and utilise the mixture of voidal and unknown power with one another. What would be caused?

Can we challenge the gods and overthrow them, can we even morph reality to bend to our own whims? What concepts can remain unbroken with the discovery of how this all functions. The more we find out, the more questions that are presented.

Curator Gregory Elgan, 1673

d88zvzy-ecfa33e6-8842-4ff8-97f0-b991c552

Artwork by Goomi32

“What is the difference between madness and ascension?”

To feel what beats beneath your chest, to understand what flows through your veins beneath the tattered skin that you seek for refuge. What are we but observers? We know of truly nothing except for what we observe, whatever our eyes glimpse and truly encapsulate in this realm of existence. Though, the fringes of reality creep into the folds of our existence and reverberate with every action that we make. Reflections of our darkest feelings and emotions are what we truly seek, for they are us, embodied in pure spirit and form. The war has brought the sons of Horen into the bloodshed that their ancestors have built themselves from, this allows for the surreal retrospection of their true purpose. The primal urges that the mind faces when it breaks from stress or sanity itself, is what we are beneath the facade of flesh and bone that we dwell within.

Mirrors are the closest thing to true spiritual reflection that are possible, these panes of glass somehow encapsulate what we see ourselves as, while pointing out the imperfections of the flesh and the true purpose behind us. For what the mirrors truly seek, is those that wish to delve within themselves and unlock the potential in their mind. For those within the Cathedral of Blood did so and awoke the Egregore of Pain, they delved and saw the ascension of their primal instincts. So yet, this is what we shall do. This is what… I shall do. To delve within your own consciousness and break the bounds that the creatures of this world have constrained us to. We are limitless, we are the true purpose of creation. Delve within your own reflection and there you may find the ability, to ascend. As I will.

FOUND RECENTLY ON THE CORPSE OF [REDACTED]. THE CADAVER HELD SIGNS OF MENTAL STRESS, THEIR NOSTRILS FILLED WITH BLOOD AND THEIR EYES SEEM TO BE VACANT WITH LIFE, THOUGH STREAKS OF BLACK REMAIN WHERE BLOOD SHOULD LIE. SYMBOLS OF THE OCCULT SURROUNDED THE SCENE OF THE HOME AND THE MIRROR THAT THE CADAVER WAS FOUND INFRONT OF. THIS RECOVERED ESSAY IS BELIEVED TO BE LINKED TO WHATEVER WAS PERFORMED. DO NOT TRY THIS, PUBLIC ARCHIVES ALLOW FOR SUCH THINGS TO BE OBSERVED SINCE THE OUTBREAK OF THE ORIGINAL MORDSKOVIAN HORRORS. WE SHALL CONTAIN, WE SHALL PROTECT.

CURATOR HURTHQUEST

To interact with such, follow the vague instructions on the post and contact me through DMs on the forums or my discord. The rest of the posts allude to the process needed

joel#4235

xiii___death___der_tod_tarot___original_

Artwork credit to (https://www.deviantart.com/inaauderieth)

ANALYSIS OF RECENT EVENTS - THE RECENT EXPEDITIONS OF THE VEIL

RESEARCHED AND PUBLISHED BY CURATOR PYTROL. BASED ON THE WORKS OF CURATOR ELGAN AND TYBALT BEFORE THEIR DISAPPEARANCES.

SUBJECT MATTER -

VOIDAL TEAR, MORDSKOVIAN HORROR, THOUGHTFORM, THE ‘DREAMER’, EGO

The recent emergence of the Korvassian entity has shown interest of how the void itself interacts with our world. The last time an entity of this proportion had entered the world, the consequences that followed were of horrific proportions. The recent phenomenon of the ‘ego’ and the voidal ascension are concepts that are otherwise more ancient in concept when analysing sources and material that has been compiled and released to the general public. Those of Shamantic influences utilise a way to truly travel with their ego, though in a way where the mindplane itself allows for the transportation towards an entity driven by those that are of true divinity. Though, other forms of ego-travel have been theorised and believe to be possible by many esoteric anomalies which have left corpses or madness in their wake. The void is believed to be based upon the utilisation of the ego to siphon thoughts and mana into the concept of reality, yet the void has been a concept only present with the existence of descendants. Creatures and entities of the world do not possess this ego-centric version of power, yet we are the only ones capable of utilising and harnessing this power.

Many might dispute this concept with the idea of the deific influence, but those do not require ego-centric connections to explore and locate planes of existence to will things to life. Instead, the deific influence is based upon direct intervention to those that proclaim themselves divinity, they require permission and devotion. The Void is a concept that is lawless and based truly within the ego of all mortals. Though, the Mordskovian Horrors were based on the idea of the ego and mortality, does this mean that the Void and the concept of the “Thought-form” are one in the same? Have we simply utilised the innate human ability of free thought to bring something into existence?

The ‘Dreamer’ proclaimed ascension from the mortal coils through the complete abandonment of the mortal vessel to reach the spiritual plane where it lay, where pain and emotion could be escaped and then turned into pure bliss and unfathomable potential. If the systems of the void themselves are challenged, if they are now fracturing along the veil? Perhaps then descendant-kind themselves is transforming the way this source of unlimited potential works. What if, we are the creators of the void?

This research is granting us closer to true ascension, to whatever these occultist fanatics were proclaiming as their true salvation. We see Voidal Horrors, but what if they are nothing compared to what truly lies within the abyss. The human mind is limitless, for we create with untapped potential.

Curator Pytrol

(As always, interaction with these sets of works can be done with experimentation through RP means. Please contact me over discord to arrange a time to do a session of research or otherwise any OOC questions you have)