Guide to Fair Combat Roleplay

Gladuos

4 hours ago, Gladuos said:

Put more simply, one emote lasts for roughly 6 seconds.

I find it bad to define how much time passes in a combat emote due to the simple fact that there are many possible complex actions that can take place in sub six seconds or even sub one second but would be completely unfair or power-gaming to do without giving your opponent the chance to counter emote.

This post is amazing!

I'm going to try and adapt to this more and hope others do too.

Gladuos < cool tip btw ;)

What a wonderful guide! The tips here complement the guidelines so well, you'll have to excuse me for not resisting the chance to mention them. :)

I have never heard of the bold name tactic and think that is a very clever use of my plugin. Highly recommended read.

12 hours ago, Dunstan said:

I find it bad to define how much time passes in a combat emote due to the simple fact that there are many possible complex actions that can take place in sub six seconds or even sub one second but would be completely unfair or power-gaming to do without giving your opponent the chance to counter emote.

Then you're fine to take it or leave it. The guide is just a guide, after all. Time in emotes are variable, but the point is to give an idea that very little time passes per emote, and that you can only pull off a few things. Like the actions I mentioned in my system.

Plus, the problems you have with 6 seconds don't matter if they use this guide. There's only one action per emote, and people can always react if something's coming their way once.

Edit: I might've been unclear when writing the guide anyway. I moreso meant to say 6 seconds pass per round... Or the time it takes everyone to emote once.

@_Lackless_ As stated in the post, there's no rule against going past a 5 emote charged spell, but I discourage people from doing this against other players. It tends to cause annoyance and anger with some people.

EditER: Also it was a meme, you'd die of exhaustion before reaching Vegeta tier blast. *wheeze

Well written and really helpful, especially the Magic tips +1

Excellent as always Glad.

*attempts to draw sword*

"/roll pls"

I loved reading this, and you wrote the magic system we basically both use. This is good.

i too have played D&D 5e

43 minutes ago, Zarsies said:

i too have played D&D 5e

I'm not ashamed, I mentioned it in the post as well! Fact is it works. :J

This was fun to read, it gave some really nice tips that easy to read and arent hard to understand. I have to keep in mind the bold tactic. Especially where there is alot of emotes going on its hard to to find the person you were comabating agasint! +1