[✗] Formerly The Xoatol

Viltaren

50 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

1. Well that sounds pretty fuckin’ stupid but alright. Welves know a lot it seems. 

2. There are a lot of options yes, and while I do agree that some creatures should be axe’d, something’s should be accepted. 

3. Did you read the rest of the history? And it does work mainly because Ratiki are also a new thing, since they are known as the Ratmen of Atlas. And if it doesn’t work already it could work. I’m sure there’s still some unexplored areas in the map that could harbor ruins. 

4. Just as the Hou-Zi’s and Satyr’s breeding process is against the rules? They breed normally. If the admins and LT didn’t like it I’m not sure why those two were accepted but whatever ya say. 

1. I'm not a Welf. In public statements from the ET Lead and Administration of LOTC, they stated the idea of Server Antags are gone for now.

2. Nothing should be accepted until the issue of too many playable creatures and magic overload is handled. Why add more problems when the staff are working on fixing things.

3. There is World Lore that involves creatures of the Swamp Lands. Your lore doesn't work with the current server and world lore and there is no explanation of these 'lizard men' and how they came to be in the first place.

4. Hou-zi and Stayrs aren't allowed to 'breed'. It's against the server rules and you would be banned for doing it. So please tell the staff who are the people doing it and they would be banned. Problem solved.

I would love to play these creatures. They're interesting and sound p dope. Just because theres "too many creatures" doesn't mean new ones cant be added.

11 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

1. I'm not a Welf. In public statements from the ET Lead and Administration of LOTC, they stated the idea of Server Antags are gone for now.

2. Nothing should be accepted until the issue of too many playable creatures and magic overload is handled. Why add more problems when the staff are working on fixing things.

3. There is World Lore that involves creatures of the Swamp Lands. Your lore doesn't work with the current server and world lore and there is no explanation of these 'lizard men' and how they came to be in the first place.

4. Hou-zi and Stayrs aren't allowed to 'breed'. It's against the server rules and you would be banned for doing it. So please tell the staff who are the people doing it and they would be banned. Problem solved.

Ok I’m really hoping you mean by that they can’t breed with descendants because they can breed with each other. You ignore that admins and LT approved the Lore. 

As someone who has had a bit of experience with trying to create a CA race, I'd urge you to make this ET only to start out and see how it takes off from there. If enough people are interested in the race and the lore, than lobby to make it CA. Trust me, I know what it's like to really want to add a new cool race to the server, but in the end I swallowed my pride and agreed to make them ET. Hell, I don't even think there's been any events revolving around the stupid ass ratmen I tried to create. Guess it was for the best, though, doesn't look like anyone would've played them anyways.

I dunno if this is helpful or not, just wanted to provide a perspective of someone who wanted to do something very similar to you.

12 hours ago, Kaldwin said:

As someone who has had a bit of experience with trying to create a CA race, I'd urge you to make this ET only to start out and see how it takes off from there. If enough people are interested in the race and the lore, than lobby to make it CA. Trust me, I know what it's like to really want to add a new cool race to the server, but in the end I swallowed my pride and agreed to make them ET. Hell, I don't even think there's been any events revolving around the stupid ass ratmen I tried to create. Guess it was for the best, though, doesn't look like anyone would've played them anyways.

I dunno if this is helpful or not, just wanted to provide a perspective of someone who wanted to do something very similar to you.

This is helpful. It gives us options to consider using as we move forward. As for the ratmen, some of our lore once had them as an antagonist to the Xoatol, but it was scrubbed for the sake of being better stand alone lore.

ET only might be something we consider, but i believe in order to keep them active and interesting we would need someone passionate about the race to pick them up as an et. Or, have them available through CA from the start so that they are accessible to those people interested in playing them such as me, sloth, rift, and unwillingly.

Hello lemme toss this at you from the kha perspective as someone who has stuck to their race for a while. To start off and clarify I don't agree with implimenting these creatures. Now for the reason why.

Firstly is simply the lack of lore or defined lore, Hou-Zi had extensive lore written for them for a CA creature and now they are rare if seen at all (to my knowledge the only time they garner a notable player base is during lore checks). This isn't knocking the Hou-Zi as I'm sure a few people play them regularly but the point that this makes is we can't garner players. The kha struggle for players now, so do the hou-zi, so do any of the other CA 'races'.

Next I dislike the lack of definition in this lore. They seem to have no physical attributes listed other than height and they are lizard men which is rather problematic as you don't specify if they have tails, can they have frills like a bearded lizard?; also slight add on your gators are more mammalian than lizards so why would you include them? This difference to me highlights that you didn't look at key features of the animals but rather just wrote something up to make some lizards folk that run. Now to tag onto physical looks how would their scales work as reptiles dry out so how would this be addressed? Do these individuals no longer hold to senses of their lesser evolved relatives like how snakes have loads of ways to locate prey.

Popping down towards their combat, your south American weapon style simply doesn't work on lotc sadly. The kha have tried it but when most of your fighters wear metal armor the weapon just simply isn't viable for the most part. This leep I also feel is relative nonesense. Why would the whole creature randomly be able to lunge 6 feet with ease and I'm assuming at speeds that surpass the usual awareness of humans seeing as this is mentioned for combat. If you wanted a striking skill like how reptiles tend to hunt then please look for something else as this again doesn't feel viable. 

Expanding into the rest of Atles; sounds nearly impossible for this race. If we are staying cold blooded as your lore hints to they would be rather lethargic as a race simply due to how they need to regulate body heat as well as food sources. They would have to eat less yes but anything south of about curon would be to cold for them to advance and if they are swamp based then they would be using water to cool themselves but the sun to warm so by the time they get to the Savanah up by the orcs they now aren't close to water and in far warmer temperatures than typical for them. Unless you intend to have subraces that combat these issues your race is limited to the middle part of Atles due to its lore.

Also as a little tidbit for sloth CA's can't be mentioned breeding rply it's typically just one day they have a kid that's an understood rule of CA's which I'm sure is written somewhere.

I think that sums it up if any of my points are confusing or confused feel free to dm me on discord Haunter3#8440 or I guess I can try to be more active on the forums.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:43 AM, Gizzol said:

Hello lemme toss this at you from the kha perspective as someone who has stuck to their race for a while. To start off and clarify I don't agree with implimenting these creatures. Now for the reason why.

This is insanely helpful, and in the Xoa discord we were already figuring out places we can expand lore wise. This is the first lore of any kind I have helped with, and to be honest a lot of it was written on short notice to remove sections that would undoubtedly been considerably worse than lack of definition. 

Now to respond point by point, for the sake of being thorough and clear:

Definition, I want to write a lot more lore and alot more structure. As far as racial appearance, I want to spread into a more complete definition of the various subraces for lack of a better word for the different species. My personal goal is to have Salamander esque, crocodile esque, and more desert reptiles covered. In a similar manner to the kha and the tiger, panther, and leopard subraces. This would include a more defined approach to each race and not only how they interact with each other, but how they go about daily life. Most of what we have above was written to meet a deadline, and personally, I wanted to expose the ideas to people who would thoroughly attack the flaws in the ideas.

The weapon style is fine to change, I was going for something thematic mostly, but you raise a good point. As far as most of the strengths and weaknesses are concerned, when I was handed the lore, it didn't actually have any credible weaknesses or strengths at all. The leap strike was an idea I had, but I am more than open to modifying everything here to allow it to make sense and provide unique interesting lore and situations players might encounter. The leap distance was fairly arbitrary, but it was an attempt to have that same sort of strike ambush hunting style. 

LOCATIONS 
YES. its supposed to be hard for the subraces to travel, meaning use of some existing magic with consent of that magics lore holder, to combat conditions they could not manage. There are a lot of options for using existing lore to circumvent struggles in an interesting manner, and I really want to dive into it all. I also want one of the subraces to be more comfortable in the desert, one more comfortable in swamps and marshes, another better in the wet forests. When a player chooses a subrace I want it to express part of how their character goes about the world. 

As far as breeding that's more than fine, that portions of the lore was entirely sloth's. The egg tending is important to the culture, but i can see the creation oor fertilisation of eggs being wiped out and simply keeping the care of the eggs with a strict avoidance of any further info on that topic. My personaly thought on the Egg keeping is making it ritualistic and spiritual. Argonians have this approach in The Elder Scrolls, and its something I enjoy as a unique aspect of a sentient egg laying species.

I will be contacting you on discord, but seriously thank you for poking holes in the lore.

I take back everything I said about this Lore and trying to defend it. I’m going to leave a -1

8 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

I take back everything I said about this Lore and trying to defend it. I’m going to leave a -1

Awh, why's that man? 

4 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

My boy has seen the light.

Lore_Denied.png
This has been Denied due to a lack of calling for a new race and the supposed drama between lore writers.