[Completed][Completed] Yay or Nay to Ascended Magic?

Aladeen

Dynamic and free roleplay! Unless your RP isn't quite to our liking. Then we'll remove the whole thing wholesale.

2 hours ago, drfate786 said:

No, we should remove an entire magic because people have been toxic and used it wrong. The entire problem isn't even the magic itself, it's the people using it. There are entire groups on this server dedicated to circlejerking magic between friends, they will literally make fun of people like you in their OOC clique chats over the smallest mistake with no forgiveness ever being given out which essentially blacklists you. If they dislike someone OOC'ly, they will refuse to even interact with them in RP or will just resolve this by killing them on sight. 

They usually have personal issues in real life and take it out on members of the community because of their self inflated egos and inability to cope with their qualms in a positive social setting. There are people like this all over the server and holy groups are certainly no exception (in fact, they're the least toxic believe it or not). You want to fix the problem? Get rid of magic entirely. Force them to go and do normal mundane RP like everyone else.

I don't think that's really fair, we should be removing the mechanics they're using and try to add more, fair replacements. And we should have some penalty for players if they're being so ridiculously toxic in this fashion anyway, and that should go for anyone and any magic.

8 minutes ago, zaezae said:

Dynamic and free roleplay! Unless your RP isn't quite to our liking. Then we'll remove the whole thing wholesale.

Are you an ascended player? or is that just sarcasm?

Edited by Aladeen

I am being sarcastic. I'm tired of scapegoating lore for individual behaviors, as if these magic players are somehow uniquely toxic. They're not. There is toxicity literally everywhere but only one group has lore retconned over it. It just seems that 'dynamic rp' and 'let rp dice fall where they may' only applies to certain kinds of players. 

34 minutes ago, zaezae said:

I am being sarcastic. I'm tired of scapegoating lore for individual behaviors, as if these magic players are somehow uniquely toxic. They're not. There is toxicity literally everywhere but only one group has lore retconned over it. It just seems that 'dynamic rp' and 'let rp dice fall where they may' only applies to certain kinds of players. 

Do you have an opinion on what other players have been saying? Because i've never encountered specifically toxic ascended players. but alot of people seem to have.

13 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Do you have an opinion on what other players have been saying? Because i've never encountered specifically toxic ascended players. but alot of people seem to have.

I mean who cares? OOC opinions about players shouldn't have anything to do with people's opinion about the lore. There are also some players who only want to remove magic and RP that isn't what they like. If the conversation is about rather or not a magic should be shelved, then the conversation should only involve rather or not the lore itself makes sense and how many people interact with the lore. Anything else is irrelevant and likely dishonest. 

While some may be alright, many and most are literally anime characters that are simply unkillable. The characters they play are bland, they do not carry the weight of their characters, playing living excuses to white-knight. I'm sick of being shown logs of literal OOC conflict being brought irp by them.

Dont get me started on the roleplay combat I've had with them. Some have been fair and I've had genuine fun with those, others (most) include people dodging near point blank crossbow bolts, dodging lightning bolts while being wounded, resisting any form of damage done to them, or simply dodging any and all attacks before being saved near-death by a paralyzed person on a horse in a single emote. (Note that these people believed that an arrow at the horse's neck and a sword sawing at the rear legs isn't enough to make it fall, or halt.)

3 minutes ago, Jentos said:

While some may be alright, many and most are literally anime characters that are simply unkillable. The characters they play are bland, they do not carry the weight of their characters, playing living excuses to white-knight. I'm sick of being shown logs of literal OOC conflict being brought irp by them.

Dont get me started on the roleplay combat I've had with them. Some have been fair and I've had genuine fun with those, others (most) include people dodging near point blank crossbow bolts, dodging lightning bolts while being wounded, resisting any form of damage done to them, or simply dodging any and all attacks before being saved near-death by a paralyzed person on a horse in a single emote. (Note that these people believed that an arrow at the horse's neck and a sword sawing at the rear legs isn't enough to make it fall, or halt.)

I think instead of removing ascended magics we should just be reporting these power gaming players, there's already been talk of increasing the penalty on repeated Power Gaming and Meta Gaming. I just don't wanna see this magic go because a few bad players ruined it. I wouldn't want to see any mechanic go for a few people abusing it

Just now, Aladeen said:

I think instead of removing ascended magics we should just be reporting these power gaming players, there's already been talk of increasing the penalty on repeated Power Gaming and Meta Gaming. I just don't wanna see this magic go because a few bad players ruined it. I wouldn't want to see any mechanic go for a few people abusing it

I dislike the magic as well. It's some shiny pew-pew thing, it gives no consequences to death whatsoever. No drawbacks either. You're just a glowing immortal guy that sucks off disgusting aegudemons. 

Most magics need to go. 

Nor do you need magic to be "holy"

I must sound like a careless *** right now, simply frustrated about a block game.

Just now, Jentos said:

I dislike the magic as well. It's some shiny pew-pew thing, it gives no consequences to death whatsoever. No drawbacks either. You're just a glowing immortal guy that sucks off disgusting aegudemons. 

Most magics need to go. 

Nor do you need magic to be "holy"

I must sound like a careless *** right now, simply frustrated about a block game.

I just enjoy the work that was put into their lore, Although i'm an outsider looking into the potentially abusive mechanics. 

1. Ascended magic is undergoing a rework focusing on making the magic less restrictive and more open to alternative groups.

2. If you see someone powergaming or metagaming report it. Don’t whine and cry on the forums behind their back without naming names. This is common sense. Don’t contribute to an already toxic community, try and make it better.

3. There’s a whole lot of salty people in here upset that we actually understand and abide by raid rules.

4. Ascended had a community vote to shelve the magic recently and it seemed to have been a majority in favor. However the consequences of this which were proposed by the LT would have resulted in permadeaths of 4-5 Ascended characters, some who have been alive and fleshed out for years. So instead we’re looking to fix a few things as mentioned in 1.

10 hours ago, Arhbi said:

The main clique of Ascended are toxic and have ruined the experience of being an Ascended for anyone who is not apart or that clique. Nothing is wront with the magic as it stands other than the main cliques ability to monopolise the magic and alienate anyone who they OOCly dislike. 

A main 'clique' that a certain friend of yours was apart of and highly supported until it no longer served his needs for mineman power. These little posts you have been leaving around for the past few months have really made me laugh. We aren't toxic, we actually get along quite well and talk often. You and your friends wanted to use the magic for other purposes and make it something political, which has never been considered even when the Ascended were created in Aegis. Being an Ascended isn't about being political, Aeriel has a law against it, and you didn't like it when we called you all out for it. So unless you have an actual criticism instead of some petty remark about how you didn't get your way, you should go do something more productive with your time.

11 minutes ago, EternalSaturn said:

A main 'clique' that a certain friend of yours was apart of and highly supported until it no longer served his needs for mineman power. We aren't toxic, we actually get along quite well. You and your friends wanted to use the magic for other purposes and make it something political, which has never been considered even when the Ascended were created in Aegis. Being an Ascended isn't about being political, Aeriel has a law against it, and you didn't like it when we called you all out for it. So unless you have an actual criticism instead of some petty remark about how you didn't get your way, you should just stop leaving these little comments on all of these posts.

Am I included in that? Or was I just kicked from the discord and excluded because I was considered a threat to Jallentime's clique? I don't remember doing anything political with it when we were all kicked and blocked with no notice.

14 minutes ago, z3m0s said:

Am I included in that? Or was I just kicked from the discord and excluded because I was considered a threat to Jallentime's clique? I don't remember doing anything political with it when we were all kicked and blocked with no notice.

First of all, if anything, you were the one that was in a clique. Jallentime isn't this big monster that you have made him out to be. Fid broke a rule that is as old as the magic itself, that he chose to completely disregard, and then tried to kill us when we called him out for it. You were kicked because you were on an opposing side. Isn't that a logical thing to do? From my experience on this server, that happens in most chats and discords when someone leaves or betrays the group or playerbase.

For the record, I don't consider you a threat at all, if that helps.

13 minutes ago, EternalSaturn said:

First of all, if anything, you were the one that was in a clique. Jallentime isn't this big monster that you have made him out to be. Fid broke a rule that is as old as the magic itself, that he chose to completely disregard, and then tried to kill us when we called him out for it. You were kicked because you were on an opposing side. Isn't that a logical thing to do? From my experience on this server, that happens in most chats and discords when someone leaves or betrays the group or playerbase.

For the record, I don't consider you a threat at all, if that helps.

I was kicked because I was believed to be an opposing threat. . . Because that's what happens in most chats and discords. Got it

If you see someone being toxic you report it.

If you see someone powergaming you report it.

If you have doubts regarding magical rp you can ask for a MT/LT to oversee the roleplay.

Once we clarify that i would ask you all to focus on the magic itself, what are the reasonable and fix-able issues that you have with it? The magic is actually being reworked and that information could be really useful for both the players that use it and the ones that interact with it.