[Completed][Completed] Yay or Nay to Ascended Magic?

Aladeen

I've heard a lot of things about ascended magic and I've never actually heard one good thing. It seems people sit up in their homes and play their magic which seems semi-disconnected from the world. Everything somebody says about their magic they take as a personal attack, at least it has been seeming that way. You guys can still be friends without the magic. You guys can still have a fun group without the magic - it's just that the magic you have seems strange and the way it is played seems no fun for anybody else involved.

And really, do we listen to somebody who uses the magic and has their own personal bias, or somebody who has rp'd with them and has not had fun because the magic is no fun for anybody else on the server? - Those are my thoughts, just an opinion.

Edited by Evangelli

16 hours ago, Suxals said:

If you see someone being toxic you report it.

If you see someone powergaming you report it.

If you have doubts regarding magical rp you can ask for a MT/LT to oversee the roleplay.

Once we clarify that i would ask you all to focus on the magic itself, what are the reasonable and fix-able issues that you have with it? The magic is actually being reworked and that information could be really useful for both the players that use it and the ones that interact with it.

Just watch as Leowarrior doesen't get any punishments as his ban report ends

All my interactions so far with ascended & ascended players IC and OOC has been decent and with mutual respect. This also means I have attended a few events with them that were all enjoyable. I wanted to state this before I conclude my opinion on the magic itself. Which is, sadly, the opposite in tone.

I was first introduced to the ascended in Vailor, soon after I joined the server. My first picture of them was rather clear: remnants of an old piece of lore with awkward snowflake anime superhero abilities.

Ascended fill a niche, have tools & boons and have drawbacks. The main issue, I think, is that these three are completely irrelevant to each other.

The niche they fill is an elite group of undead/daemon hunters and sort-of neutral protectors of the different continents. To this, they have their wow-priest-paladin-esque abilities. But that's where the logic ends. Why are they immortal? Why are they immune to poison? Why are they called "ascended"? None of those are much relevant to their niche, all they do is elevate them a wee bit above others in RP. Which does feel like remnants of an Aegis player's ego-stroking.

This is only topped by the fact that, as with most disconnection-based deity magics, the judgement over a character's actions and fulfillment of their oath is not judged by external parties, but by internal parties, which is fertile grounds for toxicity and in-community splits.

Stone me for this comparison, but can any of you tell me in what details does this above described split in the ascended differ from the Stalinist-Trotskyist split in the Soviet Union before the purges?

Oftentimes when interacting with ascended, I even felt like they were ashamed of their snowflak-ey powers and just wanted to fill that one niche they were meant to fill.

So my opinions here:

1. Remove ascended. Remove their orders, remove their boons, remove their whatevers.

2. Treat current ascended characters the way Warcraft lore treated Night Elves post-tree. Have them just lose their immortality overnight and start aging proper, and have them know of this.

3. Implement a more universal version of their magic. I find it rather awkward that the "healing" niche is baseline circlejerked into the two most infamous circles on LOTC I have ever heard about (no hate druids, but you can't really deny all the drama of the past years). Implementing a holy / healing magic school could allow for humans & Canonists to finally have a magic they practice (RIP Intercession).

4. Overhaul all disconnection-based magics. I do not understand why internal policing is allowed next to a lore team. If a magic is obviously misused, they can blacklisted. I see disconnections and all these deity misfit removals as just a bunch of players trying to retain MT-level rights for the sake of Mineman power.

Meme somewhat related.

https://i.imgur.com/QYHu7rj.jpg

Edited by Medvekoma

Though I know there's a whole bunch of preexisting stigmas and sentiments towards Ascended, I'm fond of their place on the server. A number of my characters have been affected greatly by them. Even without Iblees causing havoc, supposedly serving no purpose, being [redacted]- and all those complaints, I consider it an interesting magic that fills its role well.

Oh, and discord drama is silly.

Edited by ThatGuy_777

Let me voice my opinions regarding the magic:

Soulfire: It is not very effective because it needs to enter in direct contact with the tissues of the dark being for it to make effect, and you could say: "B-but the all the armors have little holes" yes, but almost none rps that properly and also i have met undead that place other stuff between their bodies and their armor, plus you need to be rather close to shoot the soulfire, which makes a mace or morninstar way more useful.

Immortality: I don't see why too many people is hurtbutt about it, everybody is already immortal thanks to monks... and that is one of the worst excuses for immortality that i have ever seen, instead Ascended resurrection tries to make it more meaningful, explaining it as Aeriel bringing the Ascended back to life. Also to the one that said that we do not lose items when we die... idk where you heard that, but we lose both items and clothes.

Holy Alteration/Ember Infusion: Clearly the most interesting thing after the last rewrite, i focused the most of my rp around these because it was a good way to bring holy rp to the common folk and give them the means to be able to defend by themselves without the need of holy users around. Yet this is being never a lot with the current rewrite...

Regeneration: Probably the only truly good thing that the magic has left, and it has no use in combat, so i dont see how that is bad for anyone, in any case the Ascended loses the opportunity of rp the wound for 2 or 3 days instead of 1.

Healing: Ascended are supposed to only heal wounds caused by being of corrupted souls, to keep souls within the limits of their soul cycle, we are not clerics supposed to heal everything, because that would ruin medic and herbalist rp. (Maybe i overused it a bit during my first month as an Ascended but that was almost one year ago.)

Regarding the one talking about dynamic rp... how is dynamic rp a group of ghouls raiding a city that doesn't want to be raided, ruining the fun of those roleplaying there, but it isn't dynamic rp if a group of holy users defend that city or heal the wounds caused by the attack? I think that reasoning is only having in account the point of view of the group of undeads. I don't see why people must suffer by this "Dynamic rp" of  supernatural creatures attempting against their mundane roleplay, and lets be honest, 90% of the people that do banditry or any harm to others do it for personal gain and not trying to generate "dynamic" roleplay, otherwise they wouldn't kill people.

52 minutes ago, Suxals said:

Immortality: I don't see why too many people is hurtbutt about it, everybody is already immortal thanks to monks... and that is one of the worst excuses for immortality that i have ever seen, instead Ascended resurrection tries to make it more meaningful, explaining it as Aeriel bringing the Ascended back to life. Also to the one that said that we do not lose items when we die... idk where you heard that, but we lose both items and clothes.

Typically when people complain about immortality they don't mean the whole being revived thing. They mean how Ascended stop aging and live forever. 

Which honestly I don't mind them having that. 

On the one hand yeah it is odd that a T1 Ascended becomes immortal while Clerics and Paladins don't despite also being 'holy' groups. 

However, considering their work as soul caretaker things I suppose it does make sense for them to cease aging so that they can continue their work throughout time... Even though new Ascended could just be trained.

Perhaps add a set number of Ascended there can be to further give reasoning for Aeriel to be granting out immortality? Nothing drastically small of course. 

Or make it so that only a higher tier Ascended gets it? 

3 hours ago, Aelsioln said:

Typically when people complain about immortality they don't mean the whole being revived thing. They mean how Ascended stop aging and live forever. 

Which honestly I don't mind them having that. 

On the one hand yeah it is odd that a T1 Ascended becomes immortal while Clerics and Paladins don't despite also being 'holy' groups. 

However, considering their work as soul caretaker things I suppose it does make sense for them to cease aging so that they can continue their work throughout time... Even though new Ascended could just be trained.

Perhaps add a set number of Ascended there can be to further give reasoning for Aeriel to be granting out immortality? Nothing drastically small of course. 

Or make it so that only a higher tier Ascended gets it? 

By default in Lotc the only race that has issues with aging are humans, because age doesnt matter at all in dwarves, elves or orcs. And even then, an Ascended needs to reach T4 to stop aging, until then they just age 2 times slower than normal ( 1 year every 2 weeks )

20 hours ago, ChonGojDragonski said:

20 hours ago, ChonGojDragonski said:

The Ascended community represents everything wrong with LotC. The bickering on this thread goes to show how asshurt people get over mineman RP and OOC being involved with IC. Not taking any sides, but the fact that there are sides is indicative of the problem. Ascended should be shelved on the pure basis that their community has totally failed to be anything positive to the server. HOWEVER, even if this wasn't the case, Ascended should still definitely be shelved because the Lore also happens to be ****.

The entire premise of the Ascended is that they are against undead/tainted creatures. Their lore expressly states this, "When the last tainted creature lay dead, when the last fallen daemon is sealed away...(yada yada yada)....then we shall rest. Not a moment sooner." There were things to facilitate this when the Ascended were first introduced, namely Iblees. Now that we've essentially done away with a server antagonist and Undead are pretty much a nonexistent threat, Ascended are essentially pointless. How many Ascended even actively fight undead? This isn't necessarily their fault, there simply isn't enough to warrant the sheer number of Ascended we have. And even if there was, I'd make the argument that Ascended are bad for Roleplay because they inherently make some players the protagonist over others.

Now, for the **** parts of the lore not accounting for the premise. The idea of regeneration is disgusting and awful. It literally takes away from dynamic roleplay that can occur as a result of IC actions which lead to the consequence of an injury. Ascended merely heal whatever wound has happened, take the wound onto themselves, and then regenerate it. It is the antithesis of what dynamic Roleplay should be. Get rid of the regeneration now. Also the fact that the flame bullshit Ascended get negates curses and other such things, once more, messing with dynamic roleplay. Also note, this is literally written into their lore, "For this reason it is said that the Ascended as a whole grow stronger witch each matured member." Who could have possibly thought that was a good idea?

Ascended are also Immortal, which is ridiculous. Everyone on the server is practically immortal already with the disgusting way death is handled, but the Ascended get a literal get out of jail free card? They have no consequences to any of their actions. Also, Ascended are pretty much immune to poison (ik the rules regarding metabolism and strong potions, sitll BS). Why? Who ******* knows, just add that to the list of bullshit. Ascended are also immune to any corrupting Magics. Heaven forbid dynamic Roleplay occurs where a member of the Ascended is corrupted and the order has to deal with a moral dilemma of killing someone who literally had no choice in the matter or letting innocents suffer, or w/e else BS you want to say. Point is that it's another thing that kills dynamic Roleplay. Oh yeah, Ascended basically dissolve on death leaving behind only clothing. Nice to know that they get to keep their stuff on death too.

Soulfire is a **** ability. There, I said it. "It can't go through armor though!" Name a single armor that doesn't have chinks in it...Wait, you can't. It's either too OP when fighting someone that can't resist it, or it's useless when you find that one creature that somehow can. It needs to be changed or gotten rid of. Soulfire braziers are awful too. They 100% personify the idea that Ascended don't want to deal with anything that messes with their Roleplay as they can just ignore any taint or otherwise dark magic which wants to corrupt the place they're at. Hallowed Ground is an extension of this which takes it a step further and literally doesn't allow soul-altered creatures to enter. Basically means Ascended can't be fucked with by the people that would want to **** with them.

This was a rough general outline of the **** things being done with Ascended. Probably more tbh, I can't be arsed to look. I understand the Magic is being rewritten, but until it is rewritten, it should be shelved.

There have been so many chances. Just because you weren't around to see them doesn't mean we need to wait for you specifically to see them get another chance and blow it off.

Ignorant to assume toxicity manifests itself when having a normal conversation with someone. I've never Roleplayed with Z3mos and he's probably a nice guy, doesn't change the fact that literally almost every ascended cries and ******* about Roleplay and utilizes OOC to dodge the consequences of their IC actions. You'll see the toxicity come out whenever they start to not get their way, and that isn't inherently related to the fact that they're Ascended, but to the fact that most people who play Ascended are poor RPers who are far too attached to their mineman pixels.

Except it has almost never proved to be a good role play tool since its creation?

Players who abuse it are powergamers and metagamers. They'll do the same thing if you rewrite it, the problem is the players, not necessarily the lore. Though the lore is awful too.

If someone does a consistently incompetent job as a staff member, they should be bullied out of the staff. Not off the server, but definitely off the staff. And don't try and twist this into a comment where I'm advocating harassment. If this person got called out for their character and was personally attacked on a consistent basis, then that's a problem. But people saying "You did a **** job" or "Get your **** together" isn't bullying, you except the criticism as a member of the staff.

I've said it time and time again, the problem isn't with cliques/circlejerking, ASSUMING it is done on the basis of consequence. If you are a bad Roleplayer, you SHOULDN'T be allowed to use a Magic. That's how it works. The problem with the Ascended clique is that they choose people based on their friends and who ERPs with them the best.

Again, that's like 90% of the server. The cliques have nothing to do with it.

Yeah because reporting powergaming and OOC toxicity goes so well? And this is Chon talking, the person who agrees with you and actively did this knowing full well it would cost me (we know what I'm talking about rofl). I agree, you have to report it, doesn't change the fact that the Magic is absolutely atrocious at the moment and needs to be shelved until reworked.

I sort of agree with this but Ascended healing is absolutely atrocious at the moment.

Rewrite should have never happened tho...........

Some groups more than others. Ascended has consistently had bad eggs.

Ascended aren't immortal. They can be killed by any major wound just like any other descendant. In this case, I believe their 'immortality' is just not dying at a certain age. In fact, I saw an ascended die to an axe to the back of the head. I'm not an ascended expert, though I'm just stating what I know.

About the body burning, the loot stays behind. Once again, I saw this specific ascended get the few items he had on him taken via /search. 

They are immune to all potions, healing as well. Not just poison.

And as for the bullying, I don't believe you were there to see exactly what happened before this staff member left, but I was. "you did a **** job," or "get your **** together" is not criticism. That is just being an *******. There was no attempt at all to give some advice or constructive criticism. It was mainly just name calling and making fun of them. I was literally in a voice chat with these people when it happened, furthermore proving my point that everybody, not just the ascended, are toxic. 

(Also, no harsh feelings, Chon. Just trying to give my opinion about the topic.)

Edited by Unwillingly

10 hours ago, ThatGuy_777 said:

-snip-

Nice job posting in a discussion thread without offering anything to the discussion. Whether or not you like Ascended is unimportant if you can't answer any of the very real complaints and criticisms regarding their lore.

8 hours ago, Suxals said:

Soulfire: It is not very effective because it needs to enter in direct contact with the tissues of the dark being for it to make effect, and you could say: "B-but the all the armors have little holes" yes, but almost none rps that properly and also i have met undead that place other stuff between their bodies and their armor, plus you need to be rather close to shoot the soulfire, which makes a mace or morninstar way more useful.

MFW the person who told people to ban report powergamers and not blame the Magic for it is now using powergamers as a justification for keeping a silly Magic. The point remains, Soulfire is either completely overpowered or completely underpowered. That's **** spell design and it should be removed.

Monk immortality being **** doesn't give Ascended immortality an excuse to be ****? The problem with Ascended resurrection is that Ascended know they're immortal and can literally go about **** without having to worry about any of the consequences as they'll just come back to life. It gives them a way to constantly insert themselves into eventlines and story arcs for no apparent reason. As for your point regarding Ascended losing their items, I didn't hear it anywhere, I read the lore. IK, shocking anyone took the time to read the garbage, but I brought myself to do it for the good of the server.

BYxS6ei.png

Should probably change that eh?

Regeneration: Probably the only truly good thing that the magic has left, and it has no use in combat, so i dont see how that is bad for anyone, in any case the Ascended loses the opportunity of rp the wound for 2 or 3 days instead of 1. 

Demonstrably false.

d2NXUwy.pngiAQAXkQ.png

You either don't know the lore to your own Magic or were intentionally deceitful, both are horrid. This is also powergamed extremely badly, with Ascended often healing **** that they really shouldn't. "REPORT POWERGAMING REEEE" you as an Ascended literally didn't know your own lore, how are other people supposed to??????????????? And you've somehow managed to miss the point, it isn't the Ascended that are losing out on injury Roleplay, but the people that get soul mended who are losing out on it, as well as medics and herbalists. There is no downside to soul mending BECAUSE of regeneration.

Healing: Ascended are supposed to only heal wounds caused by being of corrupted souls, to keep souls within the limits of their soul cycle, we are not clerics supposed to heal everything, because that would ruin medic and herbalist rp

You just made my point for me. There is no governing body to punish the Ascended who their healing Magic for other ****. You're right, it does ruin medic and herbalist Roleplay. GET. RID. OF. IT.

Regarding the one talking about dynamic rp... how is dynamic rp a group of ghouls raiding a city that doesn't want to be raided, ruining the fun of those roleplaying there

This statement right here is indicative of everything that is wrong with roleplay on this server. Roleplay that doesn't go exactly peoples way is considered to be bad roleplay, or ruining roleplay. People are so focused on their own story that they forget they're on a COLLABORATIVE roleplay server. You guys want to be able to **** on ghouls whenever they try something but don't like it when they retaliate back? If you think roleplay that proposes genuine conflict and problems which require IC solutions is bad roleplay, you shouldn't be on this server.

but it isn't dynamic rp if a group of holy users defend that city or heal the wounds caused by the attack?

Except that's not what happened???????? You guys abused an OOC loophole claiming it was a raid to get out of any consequences that might come to the Ascended player base. ScreamingDingo/Grimreaper absolutely teared the Ascended chat a new one and was eventually banned because they were unable to deal with his 100% valid points. Stop making yourself out to be the victim here, you guys behaved in a disgusting way that completely went against the spirit of the server.

why people must suffer by this "Dynamic rp" of  supernatural creatures attempting against their mundane roleplay

Wow.....Just wow...So any roleplay that creates problems for you or your storylines is something that makes you suffer? Please think about what you just said.

1 hour ago, Unwillingly said:

Ascended aren't immortal. They can be killed by any major wound just like any other descendant. In this case, I believe their 'immortality' is just not dying at a certain age. In fact, I saw an ascended die to an axe to the back of the head. I'm not an ascended expert, though I'm just stating what I know.

And what you stated is wrong. They can be "killed" for the moment, but they resurrect fine later.

About the body burning, the loot stays behind. Once again, I saw this specific ascended get the few items he had on him taken via /search. 

And once again, here is the lore stating otherwise.

BYxS6ei.png

Your point just indicates how fragmented the Ascended lore is and how they get away with bullshit because people can't call them on it. Them leaving **** when they die isn't the bullshit, but all the other stuff is.

They are immune to all potions, healing as well. Not just poison.

Yes because healing potions are super widely used....

"you did a **** job," or "get your **** together" is not criticism. That is just being an *******. There was no attempt at all to give some advice or constructive criticism.

I will 100% guarantee you even the most disgusting of people will explain why someone did a **** job if the person getting criticized said, "You're right, can you explain what I did wrong and how I can improve?" Doubt that happened, and they couldn't have been that disgusting as you said they used to be your friends.

But regardless, IDK, get new friends? I've never had to deal with toxic people except for those OUTSIDE of my group, so maybe you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. Doesn't change the fact that the Ascended are known for their toxicity and this is a problem that needs to be addressed.

(Also, no harsh feelings, Chon. Just trying to give my opinion about the topic.)

All good, same here. My bad if I come off as harsh, that's just how I debate my points. I'm glad you and others decided to post so we can get to the bottom of this.

Edited by ChonGojDragonski

2 hours ago, ChonGojDragonski said:

MFW the person who told people to ban report powergamers and not blame the Magic for it is now using powergamers as a justification for keeping a silly Magic. The point remains, Soulfire is either completely overpowered or completely underpowered. That's **** spell design and it should

be removed.

It is not bad nor good, it works for some specific cases... and probably the only way to fix it is if it would go through armor, tho that would make it overly overpowered. Do you have any suggestion?

Monk immortality being **** doesn't give Ascended immortality an excuse to be ****? The problem with Ascended resurrection is that Ascended know they're immortal and can literally go about **** without having to worry about any of the consequences as they'll just come back to life. It gives them a way to constantly insert themselves into eventlines and story arcs for no apparent reason. As for your point regarding Ascended losing their items, I didn't hear it anywhere, I read the lore. IK, shocking anyone took the time to read the garbage, but I brought myself to do it for the good of the server.

BYxS6ei.png

Should probably change that eh?

An Ascended cant acknowledge that they will come back after death and put themselves in risk due to the fact that they know that they will come back, that works exactly like any other descendant with the monks, also nothing stops an Ascended from PKing after a meaningful rp. Also, items do not disappear after death, only the body of the Ascended turns into embers, leaving everything behind, that will most likely be reworded in the rewrite. 

Demonstrably false.

d2NXUwy.pngiAQAXkQ.png

You either don't know the lore to your own Magic or were intentionally deceitful, both are horrid. This is also powergamed extremely badly, with Ascended often healing **** that they really shouldn't. "REPORT POWERGAMING REEEE" you as an Ascended literally didn't know your own lore, how are other people supposed to??????????????? And you've somehow managed to miss the point, it isn't the Ascended that are losing out on injury Roleplay, but the people that get soul mended who are losing out on it, as well as medics and herbalists. There is no downside to soul mending BECAUSE of regeneration.

How was I deceitful? I was talking about irl days which are months in game. And how I don't know my own lore? I think you are getting a bit altered. Also i didnt lose the point, I wasn't talking about soulmending, I was talking about the normal regeneration of an Ascended.

This statement right here is indicative of everything that is wrong with roleplay on this server. Roleplay that doesn't go exactly peoples way is considered to be bad roleplay, or ruining roleplay. People are so focused on their own story that they forget they're on a COLLABORATIVE roleplay server. You guys want to be able to **** on ghouls whenever they try something but don't like it when they retaliate back? If you think roleplay that proposes genuine conflict and problems which require IC solutions is bad roleplay, you shouldn't be on this server.

I think you didn't understand what i tried to explain. Of course, we are a collaborative server, yet i dont understand why some people consider a raid of ghouls ( i have nothing against them) as dynamic rp while if a group of holy users fights them back that is just ruin  rp, i think both sides are part of the "COLLABORATIVE roleplay server" and the whole dark vs light dynamic should be healthier than how it is atm. Of course how dynamic and meaningful is the rp would depend of the quality of the emotes and the people taking part of it.

Except that's not what happened???????? You guys abused an OOC loophole claiming it was a raid to get out of any consequences that might come to the Ascended player base. ScreamingDingo/Grimreaper absolutely teared the Ascended chat a new one and was eventually banned because they were unable to deal with his 100% valid points. Stop making yourself out to be the victim here, you guys behaved in a disgusting way that completely went against the spirit of the server.

What??? When did I mention any of this at all? What I said was part of my example of the raid of ghouls... maybe if you wouldn't separate my paragraph into 7 sentences that would give it more sense. However, I had nothing to do with that incident of the manor and I don't even know what you are talking about regarding joel.

Wow.....Just wow...So any roleplay that creates problems for you or your storylines is something that makes you suffer? Please think about what you just said.

That was also part of my whole point of the ghoul raid.

I never oriented my previous post as a response towards you or anyone, it was just my point of view of the different abilities of the Ascended, the last paragraph was a critic to those that see holy rp as way of ruining the "dynamic rp" of dark users, when really it just makes it even more dynamic. You can pm me if you wish to discuss more stuff more in-depth, for now, I just ask you to stop saying baseless stuff like: 

On 5/10/2018 at 12:38 AM, ChonGojDragonski said:

The problem with the Ascended clique is that they choose people based on their friends and who ERPs with them the best.

That cant be more false.

Nothing else on the server can come close to compare to the ridiculous amount of abuse that went into ensuring the longevity of the Ascended. They were an protagonist with a cool plugin in the days of Mineman's caveman era. The Ascended were scrapped once their mortal nemesis, the Undead, were defeated in Aegis. The fact they wanted to remain as an order and do them was perfectly fine in Asulon. Then suddenly they received a MASSIVE, and I mean, ginormous temple-city appeared in Asulon towards the end of the map's life span. But the best part? A GM at the time, who would later become an administrator shortly after, put an entry-deny flag on the region. Unless you were a member of the region (i.e. Ascended, close associates or the Mages' Guild of the time who was partnered with the group) could not enter the region. That alone is pretty wild. Even for those days.

Fast forward to Anthos - on paper the Ascended are still just the remains of the protag group from Aegis. Somehow, by some miracle, they received an even bigger, MEGA CITY hidden under the Elven lands. The cherry on top is, it took up roughly a third or so of the Elven lands. All conveniently hidden deep underground with it's own special region. The region even was under ADMINISTRATIVE PROTECTION. Gee. I'm sure a lot of groups wished they had that. Said land was given by an administrator who had a secret alt which not even the administrators at the time knew of. This alt lead the Ascended IC and was conveniently given EXPLICATED ADMINISTRATIVE CLEARANCE WITH LORE AND OTHER GOODIES. And no, this isn't bullshit. FMs can check the IP and most staff members from around that time will recall the incident (shout out to my boy Leowarrior because that **** was partially underneath Lenniel). With all these new toys given to the Ascended they eventually had their magic begin to """kindle""" again because of uh. No reason. Just happened!1!

Jumping into Athera where the Undead returned and the excuse could be made for the Ascended to come back - a player caught the attention of said administrator. Key aspects of the Undead antagonist was redirected solely to personal RP in which a player had Iblees tickling their noodle. This player was a close friend of our wonderful admin friend. Cool stuff. I mean, you have the literal incarnation of Satan, Allah, the Devil, Boogeyman; whatever you want to call it in LoTC's universe inhabit and mess with some little Elf girl just cuz. Dope.

After the YEARS of drama coming out of the Ascended, I personally, loathe it. I believe it should be removed entirely from LoTC. As far as accusations of staff abuse or bias over the years it honestly pales in comparison to the Ascended's luxurious treatment since Aegis. Through countless interactions their playerbase has been exceptionally toxic. The group shouldn't have received the treatment it did. Gas it and be done with it.

47 minutes ago, Suxals said:

It is not bad nor good, it works for some specific cases... and probably the only way to fix it is if it would go through armor, tho that would make it overly overpowered. Do you have any suggestion?

Except a spell that is either overpowered or underpowered is literally bad? You said it yourself, the "only way to fix it" isn't even a fix because it'd be over powered. No I don't have suggestions, and neither does anyone else. Axe it.

48 minutes ago, Suxals said:

An Ascended cant acknowledge that they will come back after death and put themselves in risk due to the fact that they know that they will come back, that works exactly like any other descendant with the monks

And I'm supposed to believe this because.......? I don't want your word, I want facts and rules mate. Show me where they can't do this? Liches can do this because they know they have Phylacteries, why can't Ascended?

49 minutes ago, Suxals said:

also nothing stops an Ascended from PKing after a meaningful rp

Except we're not discussing that???????????

49 minutes ago, Suxals said:

that will most likely be reworded in the rewrite. 

Sure, until the rewrite I will continue to call that section of the lore ****.

50 minutes ago, Suxals said:

How was I deceitful? I was talking about irl days which are months in game.

So something that would take 3 IRL days to deal with is reduced to like 30 minutes? Still a problem. And the point that Ascended destroy character development through debilitating injury and don't have to deal with injuries still remains.

55 minutes ago, Suxals said:

Also i didnt lose the point, I wasn't talking about soulmending, I was talking about the normal regeneration of an Ascended. 

Except the main problem people have with the regeneration is how it functions with the soul mend feature which creates a heal that is completely overpowered.

57 minutes ago, Suxals said:

yet i dont understand why some people consider a raid of ghouls ( i have nothing against them) as dynamic rp while if a group of holy users fights them back that is just ruin  rp

What??? When did I mention any of this at all? What I said was part of my example of the raid of ghouls... maybe if you wouldn't separate my paragraph into 7 sentences that would give it more sense. However, I had nothing to do with that incident of the manor and I don't even know what you are talking about regarding joel. 

Looks like there was some miscommunication, I assumed that the raid you were referring to was the one where the group of Ascended literally abused OOC rules to avoid RP and get the PRO of his own region kicked off. Let's go back to your original point about Dynamic Roleplay.

12 hours ago, Suxals said:

Regarding the one talking about dynamic rp... how is dynamic rp a group of ghouls raiding a city that doesn't want to be raided, ruining the fun of those roleplaying there, but it isn't dynamic rp if a group of holy users defend that city or heal the wounds caused by the attack?

This point has nothing to do with anything that was being discussed? Just because this one situation happened to be dynamic roleplay doesn't mean that the other features in Ascended lore that literally ruin dynamic roleplay aren't ****.

1 hour ago, Suxals said:

I just ask you to stop saying baseless stuff like: 

On 5/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, ChonGojDragonski said:

The problem with the Ascended clique is that they choose people based on their friends and who ERPs with them the best.

That cant be more false.

You can refer to Mitto's post as I think he describes the sheer ridiculous history behind Ascended and their cliquishness far better then I could.

I'd also like to note, my complaints regarding the actual lore of the Ascended were never answered. All very valid complaints about the Magic and everyone of them should be dealt with in full before the Magic is allowed to be Roleplayed.

5 hours ago, ChonGojDragonski said:
16 hours ago, ThatGuy_777 said:

-snip-

Nice job posting in a discussion thread without offering anything to the discussion. Whether or not you like Ascended is unimportant if you can't answer any of the very real complaints and criticisms regarding their lore.

I feel the Ascended fit their role on the server well and their mechanics are sound save for a few kinks. With the rewrite, hopefully they'll be amended. Opinions and thoughts were wanted and thus they were said, stop talking like you own the place dude.

Edited by ThatGuy_777

Heerozero kinda summed a lot in his post he made above, however the ascended lost their magic and any connection to being ascended for like 1 or 2 years and at the end of the map in anthos when setherien was already destroying much of the map they got the magic back. I definitely see both sides of the argument for and against the ascended. The issue a lot of people have being a mix of, Poor RP, only seeing slice of life RP, hostility/mismanagement, and powergaming of magic are brought about by the actual structure of the ascended. As they are the ascended have different sects which divide the guild, this structure under my belief is outdated and doesn't work with the number of ascended there are. I think there should be a stronger focus for the ascended to build a stronger culture for those within the guild, especially the newer ascended. And stress the importance, and perhaps requirement of high roleplay capability. If the ascended are supposed to be some order, beyond political and mortal ties, that are immortals and literal caretakers of souls in aeriels stead, they should act like so in roleplay. In Anthos when they were introduced again, it was pretty fun to roleplay with urasept and the other ascended, but as they dragged on the idea of ascended being beyond mere mortals kind of lessened and the mysticism around them became non-existant. I think ascended can work, but for them to work they need to work on improving their roleplay as a whole and the quality of it. These are just my mismanaged thoughts on the topic, I would write more and in a proper format, but that's effort.

Would you look at that, I'm late to the party.

Small bit of sarcasm there

Starting off I'll try not to sound like I'm repeating myself over and over again, but even though I left the server I still check the forums every now and again because I have times where I get bored and want to be entertained by something. However, this is unfortunately not one of those things I'm entertained by, though I'll toss in my two cents.

Jallen's not a "monster" that people make him out to be, more so he's been trying to help the Ascended like I had once tried to do as their MT rep. Not long after an incident happened however I pretty much left the Ascended and requested disconnection IC before I left the server. I won't name the people who were involved in the incident but it has been resolved, however I somewhat "regrettingly" (though not sure if I was right in it or not) took the rewrite I was working on (and was almost done too) with me after said incident was over, leaving them back at stage 1 though with ideas to go off of. I'll say this without fear of any backlash that might come from it, but the Ascended have had a lot of problems over the past few months that are both big and small. I tried to help fix a few of the problems but it wasn't met too kindly, and eventually the stress of everything got to me and I resigned from my position as MT on the day I left.

Keep in mind the Ascended currently (possibly) are likely stressed to their limits, and dislike having to do more things than they're required to do given they already have a lot on their plates to fix. Jallen's no monster, and quite a few of them have made mistakes as we all to at one time or another. Don't bash them, or insult them, simply work with them and give them constructive feedback on how they can fix their behavior and/or magic in a calm way so they can actually take it to heart and work on fixing it. We all make mistakes, but people shouldn't be bashed for making their own.