Sign in to follow this  
Flamelynx

[Completed] Why is joking not allowed in DPM's case, and why was Ioannis not punished?

@Chorale_told @Youngie5500, @ChonGojDragonski, and I to take this argument elsewhere. 
So we were arguing that the fact that there was no punishment on Ioannis was not very logical, as all the evidence incriminates him. The post from DPM was a little confusing (at least for monkeys like me) until he posted again saying that after the event of him and Ioannis speaking, Dewper later got DDoSed. Youngie says that since there was no direct evidence of Ioannis DDoSing Dewper, it can't be used, and
"Him saying "Yea, let's do it" followed by loud laughter doesn't mean he'd actually go through with it."

DPM was very calm when he was in the VC with me and some others, so him PMing ACU20 saying he'd DDoS him didn't seem like a real threat to me. Also, he did not get DDoSed after the pvp ended, so clearly wasn't a serious threat at the very least, and could be related to what Ioannis did in Youngie's mind. 

Seems like staff isn't holding players to the same standard. Also, Ioannis wasn't even punished with all that evidence on him. He had to step down himself, and is not blacklisted from staff. The only way he could've gotten Dewper's IP was from using admin perms to see him on the website. This all seems pretty strange to me, not to mention he stepped down after evidence rose a second time ?.

any thoughts on this? hoping Youngie and Chon will reply at the very least. Chon raises some very good points in the original debate, that I'd rather just screenshot than retype them all. I disagree with Youngie's points as they are more based on how he thinks of Ioannis, and there not being "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt." Which I also do not agree with, since it seems pretty obvious to me. 

Original Debate
https://gyazo.com/8f975b7331bca367d67bcfbbc3ee92a0
https://gyazo.com/b24c3a844436135164a0828c7715f40b 

link incase the gyazo is too small to read for you or something
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/profile/16299-chaotikal/?status=308041&type=status

Edited by Flamelynx
forgot to link the original debate and write a subtitle

@Ioannis was not punished because it was proved that the evidence used was forged. (This is what we were told, if I recall).

Hmmm I am but a simple minded man as many of you know, and even I can see through this masquerade, its almost as if....and bear with me here.....its almost as if Ioannis is being protected by staff, while DPM is being punished because he speaks the truth. But I dont know just my opinion, if I get a community guidelines ban here shortly, you'll know why.

4 minutes ago, Belestram said:

Ioannis was not punished because it was proved that the evidence used was forged.

hope you’re trolling. if not, who said this? absolutely false and ridiculous claim to make, if they were serious.

Ioannis was not punished because it was proved that the evidence used was forged. (This is what we were told, if I recall).

any proof of that or something? I'm pretty confused why - if that is true - that crucial piece to this puzzle wasn't posted to the player base for us to understand staff decisions.  The video and screenshots of the call seemed pretty convincing to me, and I'd think anyone who would've heard his voice would speak up and say that's not him. 

@Belestram @DPM

Edited by Flamelynx
the quoting didn't work 4 some reason

42 minutes ago, Flamelynx said:

so him PMing ACU20 saying he'd DDoS him didn't seem like a real threat to me

I was not involved in DPMs ban, but it wasn't for this. As far as I am aware it involved threats in a non-joking manner and racial-slurs, which is a big no, no.

11 minutes ago, Belestram said:

@Ioannis was not punished because it was proved that the evidence used was forged. (This is what we were told, if I recall).

First I've heard of this.

DPM has become so involved in Lord of The Craft that he's losing it and thinks Ioannis is DDosing people. There's no way around it, DPM has a personal vendetta against Ioannis.

Ioannis has never DDoSed anyone and Dewper has shitty internet. Dewper has been getting DDoS'd since a year now and I don't think it is Ioannis but rather the same person doing the work everytime. It's clear that DPM is being helped by Lucas, a known DDoser and DPM also has been DDoSing people so, they're just framing him.

DPM had beef with Ioannis before he was an Admin and it just keeps going on, the beef keeps roasting until it reaches the ending point. When the beef is ready is the moment me and priceflash step in and lay the law.

36 minutes ago, Flamelynx said:

Seems like staff isn't holding players to the same standard.

This does sound like a problem, but really, you would end up causing more problems if we punished players to the same standards. For example, if a player who has received consistent bans repeatedly over the course of a few months and is banned for 2 months for metagaming, that sounds normal. However, if we hold everyone to the same standard, a player who has never once been banned and it's found that he clearly metagamed, he would be banned for 2 months. I don't think that sounds entirely fair, at all. I'm not going to argue as to why Ioannis wasn't punished, I'll point out this flaw though.

Was it actually proven that a real ddos even happened?

6 minutes ago, Youngie5500 said:

I was not involved in DPMs ban, but it wasn't for this. As far as I am aware it involved threats and racial slurs however, which is a big no, no.

First I've heard of this.

Were all the messages on the Ioannis BR deleted? If not I can find it.

Edit:

Sorry, I'm tripping. Here's a quote from Ioannis:

I wish to apologize to everyone for this whole situation. I left my Discord Account unprotected for 2 months and Lucahz got access to it without me knowing. It was during Christmas when I was away and I didn't notice much. When I noticed it however , I did change everything and got it safe again. I then tried to cover the hacking as I felt really embarrassed about it. I wish to apologize to Dewper again for this whole mess, I am sorry @Dewper. I would also like to apologize to everyone of you for this and I will make sure that it wont happen ever again.

Ioannis is supposed to be the epitome of admin behavior and used his ability to view ips on the forums, an ability possessed by gms to get dewper’s ip and ddos him. He also scrambled multiple times for a botched defense and changed his defense several times in the initial reporting of the “lucahz hacked me” issue. 

Kyle is a standard player who jokingly threatened acu with ddos but didn’t act on it. Ioannis did.

Pretty black and white if you ask me.

12 minutes ago, Elrith said:

This does sound like a problem, but really, you would end up causing more problems if we punished players to the same standards. For example, if a player who has received consistent bans repeatedly over the course of a few months and is banned for 2 months for metagaming, that sounds normal. However, if we hold everyone to the same standard, a player who has never once been banned and it's found that he clearly metagamed, he would be banned for 2 months. I don't think that sounds entirely fair, at all. I'm not going to argue as to why Ioannis wasn't punished, I'll point out this flaw though.

you're right, should've instead said it seems like Ioannis is getting unfair protection, my bad. 

I was not involved in DPMs ban, but it wasn't for this. As far as I am aware it involved threats and racial slurs however, which is a big no, no.

gPguHcF.png
Makes it sounds like the DDoS threat is the main thing. I don't think that should be a perma ban though. DPM has been nothing but kind with a lot of players. I haven't spoken to him before joining Renatus-Marna and do not talk to him much at all, but he was happy to help me get settled in Renatus-Marna and trained me up to PVP and helped everyone get ready for battles ICly and OOCly ontop of many other things. He's a good guy on the discord's I've been on as he's friendly with most people. Sure, give him a community guidelines ban, but I think a perma ban is a bit much. 

@Elrith @Youngie5500

11 minutes ago, zaezae said:

Was it actually proven that a real ddos even happened?

Yes @Dewper was DDoSed following the call between DPM and Ioannis.

Edited by Flamelynx
bad wordin

I mean was there actually any evidence of an DDoS attack? I mean...almost all DoS attacks are very simple. Ping floods, massive junk down stream, that sort of thing. Something that any modem made after 2005 can detect and stop. (Still results in loss of internet service because even if it's blocked, the ping or packet still took up bandwidth but blocking it keeps your computer from outright crashing). Should be easy to actually demonstrate an attack happened. 

Plus if it was an attack, it for certain wasn't a DDoS unless Ion just happens to have massive botnet just laying around. 

10 minutes ago, Hero_Prodigy said:

used his ability to view ips on the forums, an ability possessed by gms to get dewper’s ip and ddos him.

Allegedly.

4 minutes ago, zaezae said:

Plus if it was an attack, it for certain wasn't a DDoS unless Ion just happens to have massive botnet just laying around. 

You can buy a denial of service attack pretty easily.

@Youngie5500 what racial slurs btw? Racial slurs are common on discord, and you get kicked from the server if you say it on there. So did he message ACU20 harassment and racial slurs or was it leaked from a discord? 

(not saying either thing excuses racial slurs used harmfully)