[✗] [Amendment] Major Healing

Llir

3 hours ago, Lark said:

You're right, definitely should report people for crap, but they don't. You are correct that people want to roleplay within their own clique, it's a server...of roleplayers. People will gravitate towards those they want to roleplay with. Birds of a feather flock together, etc etc. You're right, people do want the convenience of Monks healing them, and it is bs for some people, but like...okay? We've been around for 7-8 years, at this point most people have gotten used to it/put up with it. I mean, when I got my ******* finger cut off by the flays @Jakesimonson, they cut off my middle finger for i don't remember. But I thought it was good rp at the time and chose to keep the injury. I didn't have it healed by monks, (also they tossed it in the water, so i was **** out of luck anyways) and it became a vital marking of Lark Steelwall. The ability for people to pick and choose what happens to them...is kinda bad, but also kinda good. Why? If **** happens, and it will--people can just kinda slide on by and move on with their lives. Dragging **** out with a ban report only causes more drama and sometimes it doesn't change anything at all. Congrats you got someone banned, did they learn from it? Sometimes. 

There are no real consequences to killing and mutilating someone because we as a community have simply become numb to it. I've seen newer/less experienced roleplayers just ******* stab people for roleplaying weird people. It's savage and I think is more of a reflection of a person's judgment of different things than a matter of roleplay. 

We the players have to encourage and facilitate quality roleplay and proper consequences, by relying upon rules and changes to magic, what does it do but restrict what people want to do? People want to have fun, if the fun isn't ruining anyone else's fun, let them do as they will. The rules...are just guidelines for proper behavior. If people can't uphold them or care to listen, than what are they but a bunch of words typed up by a potato farmer.

Yes, I am good rper ?

5 hours ago, Lark said:

You are correct that people want to roleplay within their own clique, it's a server...of roleplayers. People will gravitate towards those they want to roleplay with. Birds of a feather flock together, etc etc.

No one is suggesting otherwise. The problem comes in when all roleplay done from people outside this group is looked down up and somehow deemed less valid and acceptable.

5 hours ago, Lark said:

You're right, people do want the convenience of Monks healing them, and it is bs for some people, but like...okay? We've been around for 7-8 years, at this point most people have gotten used to it/put up with it.

Clearly that's not true. Look at all the recent posts and protests on the Ascended and Holy Healing thread. Also, saying we're used to it is a **** argument that doesn't address the pros or cons of the new proposal in comparison to the current system.

5 hours ago, Lark said:

I mean, when I got my ******* finger cut off by the flays @Jakesimonson, they cut off my middle finger for i don't remember. But I thought it was good rp at the time and chose to keep the injury. I didn't have it healed by monks, (also they tossed it in the water, so i was **** out of luck anyways) and it became a vital marking of Lark Steelwall.

A story that perfectly explains the benefits of not using the horrible Monk's fix everything system.

5 hours ago, Lark said:

The ability for people to pick and choose what happens to them...is kinda bad, but also kinda good. Why? If **** happens, and it will--people can just kinda slide on by and move on with their lives. Dragging **** out with a ban report only causes more drama and sometimes it doesn't change anything at all. Congrats you got someone banned, did they learn from it? Sometimes. 

You basically said it's good because people are used to it, and it's bad because the person bad won't always accept that they were in the wrong. Sure it's lengthy, but even if no one bothers to report them, we'll just be back at square one and it'll be like nothing ever happened. All of these things are minor issues that would represent the minority of cases, instead of being outright cons to implementing a new system. There will always be ways to skirt the edge of the rules, doesn't mean we're not going to implement something that is genuinely good for the server.

3 hours ago, Snoop said:

The only way to ever actually interact with anyone involved in magic is to be involved in their OOC skype/discord circle. Same way for anyone to get taken as a student for any type of magic. This is why magic users seclude themselves from a majority of the server, because if it isn't done their way then they won't interact with you.

Someone that doesn't want to interact with Magic users is complaining about groups not wanting to interact with others. This statement is also just false. Go get injured in the Dominion, or anywhere else active. Healers will throw themselves at you.

3 hours ago, Snoop said:

Meaning if you want a quick heal badly because you were attacked and mutilated by bandits the day before and have an important RP you have to do that day your screwed because that mage is too busy RPing with their friend circle or already has a group of friends lined up to heal first via paragraph RP.

It's called dynamic roleplay? Show up to the event mutilated, it'll lead to more roleplay. This is the same as someone not wanting a rule that will promote roleplay to be passed out of convience. Similar arguments were made for fast travel, though we all eventually realized how **** a suggestion it was.

14 hours ago, ChonGojDragonski said:

No one is suggesting otherwise. The problem comes in when all roleplay done from people outside this group is looked down up and somehow deemed less valid and acceptable.

Clearly that's not true. Look at all the recent posts and protests on the Ascended and Holy Healing thread. Also, saying we're used to it is a **** argument that doesn't address the pros or cons of the new proposal in comparison to the current system.

A story that perfectly explains the benefits of not using the horrible Monk's fix everything system.

You basically said it's good because people are used to it, and it's bad because the person bad won't always accept that they were in the wrong. Sure it's lengthy, but even if no one bothers to report them, we'll just be back at square one and it'll be like nothing ever happened. All of these things are minor issues that would represent the minority of cases, instead of being outright cons to implementing a new system. There will always be ways to skirt the edge of the rules, doesn't mean we're not going to implement something that is genuinely good for the server.

Someone that doesn't want to interact with Magic users is complaining about groups not wanting to interact with others. This statement is also just false. Go get injured in the Dominion, or anywhere else active. Healers will throw themselves at you.

It's called dynamic roleplay? Show up to the event mutilated, it'll lead to more roleplay. This is the same as someone not wanting a rule that will promote roleplay to be passed out of convience. Similar arguments were made for fast travel, though we all eventually realized how **** a suggestion it was.

Wholeheartedly agree on your first point, as for the protests, I do agree that holy healing has issues, Ascended has a rewrite so I cannot speak for that. I have not seen the new system yet, dunno where that would be actually and would like to look at it. I do believe it may be true because only a minority is speaking out, they may be hot topic threads but its you, and a few other people going in circles about it. Now, there may be a quiet majority who doesn't want to say their opinion, no opinion, or they don't use the forums. I don't know, I can't speak for them. From what I have seen though suggests people just want to do what is convenient for them, as they do so in real life. 

My story explains the point that because the roleplay was GOOD and I made the choice to run with it. If we take player agency away from people (deciding PKs, mutiliations, etc), it makes people upset. If I took the choices of how to go about things from my player's in my D&D games, I'd have no more players. People like having the choice to do what they want. Whether those choices are good or not, depends on what options are available and how we go about them.

I suppose a con to implementing such an amendment if that is what I am understanding you are asking for, would be people are scared to change it, and are therefore resisting it/will resist it after such a change has been made. Another con would be it doesn't change anything at all and now people are stuck with their injuries if they cannot find a clerical healer/alchemical healer. It could be argued this could create RP for them but if people are getting fingers, arms, and toes chopped off for shits and giggles, some people might not consider it RP and just run up to these people asking for a quick fix, which will just jade those people who try to do magical healing RP.

I think there seems to be some sort of system in place to indeed provide the consequence to RP scenarios, I agree with that, but I feel like jumping into it with an amendment to major healing, which players may not adjust to easily, would only provide more grief overall. Ideally, I'd like to see something which causes as little opportunity for griefing in roleplay and frustration for players overall. Obviously, we can't micromanage every single RP experience, and we shouldn't, but really my concerns boil down to execution, something LotC has a history of not doing well with.

Thank you for submitting your revision/rewrite/clarification, it is now under review. Expect a verdict in about two weeks.

Thread is being locked to prevent changes to the lore while voting occurs. If you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Unfortunately, this lore has been denied. It was unable to get a majority of the yes votes on the team. Qualms raised are that we are already conducting holy rewrites and throwing this into the mix would complicate things, along with this needs to be run by the holies as a collective rather than one holy per group.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.