[Completed][Completed] Why holy healing is not a bad thing

__WaterFox__

>"Grr holy healing"

>"Grr holy combat even though I wrote my lore to be hurt by them and now I complain that they act on that"

>"Grr I dont have any alternatives to offer"

Smh.

Though for real, holy healing isnt a bad thing. Imo, it's about as useful as alchemical healing, with the only major buff being "Hey there's no real recovery time after being fixed" - which is my favorite part of wounded rp. I think it would be better if holy healing could stabilize wounds, though not just make them as though they were never there. It'd put it on par with other types of healing(So people wouldnt gripe about holy people "stealing their rp" despite the fact that 50% of people refuse holy healing icly anyways). It'd be like alchemy healing or some nonsense, only it would fatigue the user :') So it couldnt be used as much.

Thoughts? @Snelfma

My issue with holy healing mainly is that it is seen as this perfect fix-all when it shouldn't be. 

Not to mention how it utterly kills non-holy medical RP unless the patient refuses a holy healer or can't see one. 

There needs to be a synergy between holy and medical roleplay. It sucks for someone who is operating on a dude and then some holy mage walks up like: 

giphy.webp

which ultimately wastes one side's time (which they spent putting into trying to fix someone who got stabbed in the side), because some holy man can give the dude a glowy prostate exam and pat them on the head after. It's unintuitive and breeds the mentality that most consequences can be taken away because of holy magic. At least with alchemy there requires recovery time and there's a chance of dying of exhaustion if too much is consumed. 

If it was made so holy magic could stabilize wounds or clot blood, and then medical rp needs to ensue to fully fix the person, that'd be fantastic. This is just my two cents though, so take it as you will. Qouters tear my reply apart.  

also when someone refuses holy healing ic or gets mad when they see holy magic. please dont get salty ooc mister/misses holy mage

1 hour ago, EternalSaturn said:

Since we had a thread on this topic already, I believe that this thread really just could have been a lengthy reply to the post that Caleb made. I believe that perhaps its time to address several other topics, like re-purposing the various core holy orders so that they're more relevant, the issue with "I don't feel like dealing with magic because I know I won't win, lets PVP", and various other issues that need a greater spotlight put on them. I don't want this thread to devolve into yet another "I just don't like holy magic/magic in general, get rid of it" thread, because we have enough of those.

Tl;dr - I'm not saying this thread isn't needed, but since we have a big one already that was commented on 100+ times, I believe we can move on to other topics.

This is literally about not nerfing magic and making other suggestions to improve rp

36 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

>"Grr holy healing"

>"Grr holy combat even though I wrote my lore to be hurt by them and now I complain that they act on that"

>"Grr I dont have any alternatives to offer"

Smh.

Though for real, holy healing isnt a bad thing. Imo, it's about as useful as alchemical healing, with the only major buff being "Hey there's no real recovery time after being fixed" - which is my favorite part of wounded rp. I think it would be better if holy healing could stabilize wounds, though not just make them as though they were never there. It'd put it on par with other types of healing(So people wouldnt gripe about holy people "stealing their rp" despite the fact that 50% of people refuse holy healing icly anyways). It'd be like alchemy healing or some nonsense, only it would fatigue the user :') So it couldnt be used as much.

Thoughts? @Snelfma

Just sounds too boring to me, I would rather use alchemy if it were on par with holy healing. I honestly think that what can be healed needs to just left alone, but how it is rp'ed needs to be changed.

11 minutes ago, The Fire Mind said:

which ultimately wastes one side's time (which they spent putting into trying to fix someone who got stabbed in the side), because some holy man can give the dude a glowy prostate exam and pat them on the head after.

Okay, this? I agree entirely with. It actually drives me buggers that people can just prod around using magic to identify the source of trouble, I would be all for removing holy x-ray.

1 hour ago, jyecarson said:

Yes, can we please focus on this issue? I hardly see it talked about.

Yeah no,that's a legitimate response to any magic because not everyone is the equivalent of a god IRP or wants to receive brain damage fighting something absurd,thank tableman telanir almighty for pvp default.

9 minutes ago, MightyTom said:

Yeah no,that's a legitimate response to any magic because not everyone is the equivalent of a god IRP or wants to receive brain damage fighting something absurd,thank tableman telanir almighty for pvp default.

Not, it most certainly is not a legitimate response. Just like the magic community are forced to partake in PVP default, the PVPers shouldn't always have the option of getting out of any situation by popping someone or downing them. It's unfair and ridiculous, especially when I have a more viable option to defend myself using my combative magic.

25 minutes ago, Snelfma said:

This is literally about not nerfing magic and making other suggestions to improve rp

Yes, I realize what this is about. I am simply saying that a huge forum post with 100+ replies, posted by the LT Lead himself, covered this topic already. With this huge holy magic change coming up, I just feel we need to start addressing several other things since this one was previously brought up.

59 minutes ago, EternalSaturn said:

Not, it most certainly is not a legitimate response. Just like the magic community are forced to partake in PVP default, the PVPers shouldn't always have the option of getting out of any situation by popping someone or downing them. It's unfair and ridiculous.

Well It's not just pvpers who will pvp def people like Ugblug Magic users,Darkstalkers/undead/golems/undead /hoobadadabodo,etc and whatever other ublug dungdung hoobla you can think of,It gives any participant legitimate brain damage as rp combat is already ridiculous enough and with magic as a factor it's just an automatic no-no to any sane person's mind. 

1 minute ago, MightyTom said:

Well It's not just pvpers who will pvp def people like Ugblug Magic users,Darkstalkers/undead/golems/undead /hoobadadabodo,etc and whatever other ublug dungdung hoobla you can think of,It gives any participant legitimate brain damage as rp combat is already ridiculous enough and with magic as a factor it's just an automatic no-no to any sane person's mind. 

I mean...this is a roleplay server...but okay. Anyhow, I don't want to get off topic from holy healing, so I'll end this conversation here.

59 minutes ago, EternalSaturn said:

I mean...this is a roleplay server...but okay. Anyhow, I don't want to get off topic from holy healing, so I'll end this conversation here.

Yeah it's a roleplay server and people joined for rp but when you got people trying to avoid this legitimate cancer that is ublug dungabatoongdong magic it makes you think,wow maybe ogutnua blorjkaia magics is just bad.

1 hour ago, MightyTom said:

Yeah it's a roleplay server and people joined for rp but when you got people trying to avoid this legitimate cancer that is ublug dungabatoongdong magic it makes you think,wow maybe ogutnua blorjkaia magics is just bad.

ironic coming from an actual ug blug orc who literally does gangsigns rp

i feel like its hard for most people to play it as it should be played, though -- without taking advantage and perverting it

Edited by EasternPanda

1 hour ago, GrimReaper98 said:

ironic coming from an actual ug blug orc who literally does gangsigns rp

There is no proof or evidence of that propagated claim we already went over the matter it was deemed I did none of the sort,stop being butthurt about obtuse matters and stop supporting this Ugblug Badonga Tatooga magic!

3 hours ago, jyecarson said:

I guess the consequences of getting in an unfavorable position with a mage aren't important. 

5 hours ago, Medvekoma said:

Maybe the town should consider submitting to the raider demands instead of hard-shouldering the raids, getting slaughtered and trying to dampen the consequences with magic / monks / raid rules.

What happens when you kill the raiders (often repeatedly) and they continue to come back

And TBH, just balance holy magic so it has some sort of imperfect down side which may lead people to legitimately consider druidic or non-holy healing methods as a legit option.

But hey, no one likes a moderate opinion. Its much more fun to be radical

11 hours ago, jyecarson said:

While it has nothing to do with the subject at hand - anyone on a power trip who knowingly uses a combat magic to assault (not defend against!) someone they're obviously hostile to, and likely to call PvP, has only themselves to blame for the ensuing walk back from CT. PvP is GOD's gift to Man.

Healing magic is alright, I guess.