[✗] [Rewrite]Lycanthropes, The Ferals Of Morea

Starfelt

7 hours ago, LadyAmayo said:

Ferals had golden Scleras originally, not irises. Is this a mistake in the writing, or has it since been changed?

6 hours ago, Jaeden said:

5c9.jpg

I hope it's intentionally the irises. The sclerae colour change never sat too well with me.

We removed the golden sclerae in favor of something less obvious. Now they have the golden/blue iris, and in dim/dark lighting their eyes will glow slightly as if light is reflecting off them. 

6 hours ago, firegirl7894523 said:

Curious question, what stops a pack of Fearls from holding down a person who doesn't want to be cursed, getting an Alpha to then transmit the Fearlism? 

(Btw nice rewrite)

Nothing. We can infect people who don't want to be cursed, however they have 3 weeks (IRL) to visit a holy mage to have the curse purged from their blood. This will hopefully create a bit of roleplay with the other holy groups if we were to infect someone who did infact not wish to be a lycan.

Just now, Dardonas said:

They cannot use magic while in their lycan form.

If that's the case then I'm very disappointed. My ideal feral involves using no magic period, and removing it from the clutches of the druidic playerbase which bastardized the original intent of the lore in the past iteration.

Just now, Gladuos said:

If that's the case then I'm very disappointed. My ideal feral involves using no magic period, and removing it from the clutches of the druidic playerbase which bastardized the original intent of the lore in the past iteration.

Seeing as in their descendant form they have no buffs, and instead have debuffed senses, I opted to not take away their ability to wield magic while within their descendant form.  

1 hour ago, Dardonas said:

I thought it was decently well written and it seems to address a lot of the concerns I at least had with it and I know you put a large amount of time and effort into it.  Here are the things that stuck out to me while reading this and my concerns:

I feel as if there should be some sort of risk involved.  I think I've mentioned before a PK system would be nice, or perhaps a delayed death (i.e. 3-5 days to reform) with likely banishment from the pack.

I do not understand the purpose of Alpha's being able to decline a challenge for "harming another pack member" when they require two pack member's support.  I'd suggest that an Alpha may only be able to decline a challenge if they have previously defeated them in combat.

I imagine this would only serve to help reinforce that druids would be the "better" ferals since they could lull their pack mates back to a sense of sleep.  Just above it is also states as it can persuade, which leaves it open to the feral themselves whether they would or not.  While it seems great for non-feral druids since they are not forced, it seems like it "buffs" druid/feral interactions in the cliques where druidic ferals are a thing.

This seems counterintuitive to blood being a trigger. Is there smell just normally dampened to all things but blood?

Are these to be enforced?  The former half of it seems to be suggestions whereas the cup of blood is not specific on how much time can pass.  If possible, I'd suggest to hard define these so it isn't ambiguous.  3-4 emotes around blood, perhaps could cause it.  Maybe for the pain have it be sudden unexpected pain or bodily trauma.

Is there a weakness to this potion besides repeated use dilutes the effects?  This feels like it might become draught 2.0.  Is the suppression potion going to be known by all immediately or will it be closely under lock and key pending IC knowledge?

The community of current ferals is highly against PK systems, though with the regenerating aspect we can argue that after a challenge they would need to go through that.

Druids can commune with animals, that's the way its been. It doesn't exactly make a druid a better feral simply because they can commune with ferals, think of it more as they can communicate, but can't logically force us to do anything.

Blood would be the only thing that they could smell, though in the descendant form it would likely require both visible blood, and the scent before they were forced to transform, and most of the time a feral would simply leave that spot if worried about something along those lines.

They will be enforced, we've spoken with the LT about such.

The potion will not be known by many at the start, and that will hopefully stop it from spreading rampant. If the Ferals did managed to spread it, then over a period of time, they'd find that the potion began to stop working, until it would be useless. I'll likely add in a few weaknesses to taking the potion just for the sake of flavor while using said potion.

Thanks, that answers most of my questions.

1 minute ago, Starfelt said:

They will be enforced, we've spoken with the LT about such.

Would it be plausible to draw up a standard set of redlines?  I was more or less getting on the issue that it seemed rather ambiguous and lacked a somewhat definitive set of triggers.

3 minutes ago, Starfelt said:

The community of current ferals is highly against PK systems,

I bet. :rlynig:

Just now, Dardonas said:

Thanks, that answers most of my questions.

Would it be plausible to draw up a standard set of redlines?  I was more or less getting on the issue that it seemed rather ambiguous and lacked a somewhat definitive set of triggers.

I will work on something like that today.

Just now, ChonGojDragonski said:

I bet. :rlynig:

I tried... I wanted one

8 hours ago, Starfelt said:

Lackless-Being here.

@_Lackless_ congratz

23 minutes ago, Starfelt said:

Seeing as in their descendant form they have no buffs, and instead have debuffed senses, I opted to not take away their ability to wield magic while within their descendant form.  

I understand your point, but I feel as if the optimal solution to this would be to remove this from the magic-druid playerbase, which I feel has torn the creature inside out, and have done a generally horrible job. This rewrite won't change this problem.

We don't see folk that walk around with the weight of the responsability, we'd imagine ferals as packs of reclusive people, living deep in the woods, dirty, etc. Well we have druid elves that walk around like "yeah I'm a feral owo, woof woof I'm powerful, I twist myself into a degraded form of a tainted animal but who cares!" 

on a second note, ferals shouldn't be able to sustain themselves on animal meat forever, needing to hunt down man-flesh, lest they are driven mad, as I feel that this only gives a way for players to go like "yeah no I just eat a lot of animals!!!" 

I'm shook to see this finally finished lmao, I figured my writing was going to go down the toilet. Neat! (might want to sink the intro into a spoiler, it's 4 pages of optional reading)

10 hours ago, GrimReaper98 said:

It's actually not terrible, I enjoyed reading the first entry that didn't really have anything to do with the lore but it goes in the direction I believe is more fitting for them.

Let's just hope if this is passed that the players can adapt to it, as I've said time and time again. The concept of ferals aren't terrible, it's the players.

It's the same players who pushed for this rewrite, that were the ones who made ferals to be terrible in the first place, with the whole owo furry nonsense. This rewrite doesn't really do much in my eyes, all it seems to do is bandage a problem and point in another direction, when a bigger problem is things being in the hands of those that are so obsessed with their characters that they break rules and lore (or at least skirt passed lightly) just to keep a grip. 

4 hours ago, Starfelt said:

I will work on something like that today.

I tried... I wanted one

You didn't try to put in a PK clause, you mentioned it once and when others didn't want it, you succumbed and gave in. Ignoring that you immediately succumbed, I still doubt that you wanted a PK clause, especially considering the way you handled the scenarios when put against the ropes. (IE. Calling PvP when being unferalized, complaining to LT when challenge not going your way, etc).

-

Overall, the rewrite isn't too bad- However, from the time I've spent away from the ""feral community"", I have noticed one glaring fact. Ferals add nothing unique or interesting to the server, at all. The creatures job/duty and overall feel, can be done (and better) by a handful of other creatures.

10 minutes ago, Sky said:

Overall, the rewrite isn't too bad- However, from the time I've spent away from the ""feral community"", I have noticed one glaring fact. Ferals add nothing unique or interesting to the server, at all. The creatures job/duty and overall feel, can be done (and better) by a handful of other creatures.

While literally no one appreciates this message as much as I do, I still think Ferals have some potential. I'll agree that pretty much everyone I've seen in the Feral community barring one or two exceptions are awful, but I think that this rewrite does have some merit and I'd like to give them a chance. If they still manage to mess it up, then shelf the damned thing.

8 minutes ago, Sky said:

It's the same players who pushed for this rewrite, that were the ones who made ferals to be terrible in the first place, with the whole owo furry nonsense. This rewrite doesn't really do much in my eyes, all it seems to do is bandage a problem and point in another direction, when a bigger problem is things being in the hands of those that are so obsessed with their characters that they break rules and lore (or at least skirt passed lightly) just to keep a grip. 

You didn't try to put in a PK clause, you mentioned it once and when others didn't want it, you succumbed and gave in. Ignoring that you immediately succumbed, I still doubt that you wanted a PK clause, especially considering the way you handled the scenarios when put against the ropes. (IE. Calling PvP when being unferalized, complaining to LT when challenge not going your way, etc).

-

I did push for a PK clause, I brought many differing types to the feral rewrite chat and most were met with 'PK Clauses are dumb' or something along the lines of that. At least, we managed to agree on the regeneration times/ability regen stuff. The issue with challenges were already addressed and the issue with how vague they were was fixed, that's what caused a majority of the issues you're talking about. As for the unique aspect, I brought fourth and idea to the community, to remove the ferals from Morea, and have them be creations of alchemy, still linked to nature (so some ferals could justify protecting it) but otherwise making the purpose of the ferals different, and not just have them be discounted shapeshifting, though the community largely wanted them to stay as creations of Morea. Instead I opted to combine the two ideas. I agree that they need something to make them more unique, I do believe this rewrite assists with such. Though Its your opinion of such, and that's fine. Hopefully this rewrite will clear up confusion, and maybe make them into a better spot

As the Original Creator of the Lore this is A++++++++++++++++++++++ Well done babe.

5 hours ago, Gladuos said:

It would be a very interesting addition to the Lore, which was the way I wanted it to go come the next rewrite.