[✗] [Rewrite]Lycanthropes, The Ferals Of Morea

Starfelt

I'm giving this a hard -1. I was cautiously optimistic when the first feral lore was passed, but not anymore. It didn't take a month for the alphas to be seized by druids and kept by them, and ever since it's been one issue after another. Ferals RPing enhanced senses in descendant form. Ferals ignoring the effects of blood. An IRP bastardization from a curse to a gift that demands to be shared and worshipped. Repeated attempts to remove an entire playerbase from interaction by attempting to cut out holy magic's effects on an unnatural beast. No. This isn't werewolf RP, this is Shapeshifting: Combat Edition. 

Cut the druids out of the picture entirely. They not only have enough lore, they /have/ a shapeshifting lore. Make Ferals the ruthless defenders of the Wild they should be, at odds with Druids who seek to preserve the wilderness whilst living in cities. Werewolves are an amazing antagonist, and here they're little better than Horo Cosplay. "Oh no am mad. Woof woof!" 

Strigae cannot learn magic, and from everything I've seen and heard, they've made wonderful antagonists. Pray tell what stops werewolves from being so awesome? A pack of werewolves raiding a city for having livestock would be pretty fun to fight. Remove the ability for werewolves to practice magic whatsoever. Why would Morea /allow/ his slaves to serve the Aspects, undercutting his own authority over them? Why would Morea allow them to practice voidal magics, an anathema to him and the nature he damned them to protect? 

Where is the antagonist RP we were promised? I've seen plenty of antagonistic OOC from ferals, including OOC harassment. Either fix this mess you've made of a classic antagonist, or remove the lore. 

9 minutes ago, The Templar said:

I'm giving this a hard -1. I was cautiously optimistic when the first feral lore was passed, but not anymore. It didn't take a month for the alphas to be seized by druids and kept by them, and ever since it's been one issue after another. Ferals RPing enhanced senses in descendant form. Ferals ignoring the effects of blood. An IRP bastardization from a curse to a gift that demands to be shared and worshipped. Repeated attempts to remove an entire playerbase from interaction by attempting to cut out holy magic's effects on an unnatural beast. No. This isn't werewolf RP, this is Shapeshifting: Combat Edition. 

Cut the druids out of the picture entirely. They not only have enough lore, they /have/ a shapeshifting lore. Make Ferals the ruthless defenders of the Wild they should be, at odds with Druids who seek to preserve the wilderness whilst living in cities. Werewolves are an amazing antagonist, and here they're little better than Horo Cosplay. "Oh no am mad. Woof woof!" 

Strigae cannot learn magic, and from everything I've seen and heard, they've made wonderful antagonists. Pray tell what stops werewolves from being so awesome? A pack of werewolves raiding a city for having livestock would be pretty fun to fight. Remove the ability for werewolves to practice magic whatsoever. Why would Morea /allow/ his slaves to serve the Aspects, undercutting his own authority over them? Why would Morea allow them to practice voidal magics, an anathema to him and the nature he damned them to protect? 

Where is the antagonist RP we were promised? I've seen plenty of antagonistic OOC from ferals, including OOC harassment. Either fix this mess you've made of a classic antagonist, or remove the lore. 

This is more so issues with the roleplay the ferals currently have, the rewrite is aiming to fix that, as is having the alpha's be easier to steal away. I do understand and agree with what you're saying of the current ferals.

TBH, I'm inclined to agree with Templar as well in that Ferals shouldn't be able to practice any Magic. I think that'd do a lot towards dealing with the toxic community as well, as the vast majority of them are Ferals.

3 minutes ago, Starfelt said:

This is more so issues with the roleplay the ferals currently have, the rewrite is aiming to fix that, as is having the alpha's be easier to steal away. I do understand and agree with what you're saying of the current ferals.

I'm sorry if this comes across rude, but what in regards to the druids and magic? Current ferals are a problem, but /that/ is a bigger one when you consider how quickly it got overtaken by druids and transformed into a combative shapeshifting. You were there for the early days of this, if I recall correctly. 

1 minute ago, The Templar said:

I'm sorry if this comes across rude, but what in regards to the druids and magic? Current ferals are a problem, but /that/ is a bigger one when you consider how quickly it got overtaken by druids and transformed into a combative shapeshifting. You were there for the early days of this, if I recall correctly. 

I was, though I left and gave my alpha to someone (Who later got banned, and then everything got confusing and then the amendment went through, and all druids got it.) It was a lot of confusing factors, though hopefully with a few alpha's no longer being druids and it being shared outwards we can fix that issue. Personally I'd love to spread it to the other races of the server, and pull it away from the elves/druids.

As a druid who has seen ferals up close I will toss my two cents.

Starfelt, know my IC feelings are from what Lilly experienced. They are not a mirror of my OOC feelings

OOCly - I agree ferals should not have any magic. Your feral attacking my druid over a comment, yea was a little infuriating at the time, but looking back makes sense as to why ferals should be a curse. I applaud that and think that should be a thing. Ferals should be uncontrollable in anger, should be quick to transform with certain triggers. I agree. But perhaps add in, they cannot be connected to magic in either form. Make them their own instead of something that is currently mostly controlled by druids.

Icly- Lilly despises them, thinks they are a curse, esp on a druid if they attack druids.

1 minute ago, Starfelt said:

I was, though I left and gave my alpha to someone (Who later got banned, and then everything got confusing and then the amendment went through, and all druids got it.) It was a lot of confusing factors, though hopefully with a few alpha's no longer being druids and it being shared outwards we can fix that issue. Personally I'd love to spread it to the other races of the server, and pull it away from the elves/druids.

Then might I respectfully suggest altering the lore in that direction? Otherwise very few of the issues are touched on at all.

8 minutes ago, Time Lady of Kittens said:

As a druid who has seen ferals up close I will toss my two cents.

Starfelt, know my IC feelings are from what Lilly experienced. They are not a mirror of my OOC feelings

OOCly - I agree ferals should not have any magic. Your feral attacking my druid over a comment, yea was a little infuriating at the time, but looking back makes sense as to why ferals should be a curse. I applaud that and think that should be a thing. Ferals should be uncontrollable in anger, should be quick to transform with certain triggers. I agree. But perhaps add in, they cannot be connected to magic in either form. Make them their own instead of something that is currently mostly controlled by druids.

Icly- Lilly despises them, thinks they are a curse, esp on a druid if they attack druids.

I think that was likely one of the true feral moments. A feral attacking a druid because they believed the druid domesticated a pack of wolves. 

Just now, Starfelt said:

I think that was likely one of the true feral moments. A feral attacking a druid because they believed the druid domesticated a pack of wolves. 

Yeah, it made a druid unsure whether Ferals were good or such. She kept her distance as she stayed with her wolves. IC belief is Ferals are "fake wolves" and has stated so multiple times. I would love to see ferals more like that than "I am a big dog helping you dr00ds". Honestly, I would be fine if C&C didnt work on them either. Make them be more beast than furry.

2 hours ago, Sky said:

Overall, the rewrite isn't too bad- However, from the time I've spent away from the ""feral community"", I have noticed one glaring fact. Ferals add nothing unique or interesting to the server, at all. The creatures job/duty and overall feel, can be done (and better) by a handful of other creatures.

This. I still don't get the point of Ferals. I've had enough creatures or magic users screeching about protecting nature or whatever. I don't see a use for another creature.

If anything, I prefer this over the current lore. Unsure if you’ve answered this, but my question is:

What does this rewrite bring to the server that the current feral lore fails to do? Specifically in a unique sense- as one can easily argue certain creatures can cover anything this lore can bring. 

This Lore has been denied as per request and agreement of the ferals agreeing to be shelved. 

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.