[✗] [Rewrite] Ferals: The Hounds of Morea

DarkSoundwave

33 minutes ago, DarkSoundwave said:

Voidal Magics: Like in their descendant form, a feral that uses voidal magics will physically be weaker then those who don’t use them. This also carries over into one’s feral form as well making the enhanced boons given in this form weaker than a normal feral making them as strong as a normal descendant. This effecting one from becoming an Alpha.

So wait a voidal mage feral cannot become an alpha? This is so heavily biased into druids lovechild its funny. You stopped dark mages from doing anything with it (Frostwitches/Striga/Creatures could never be one anyways) under the notion that Morea would stop them from becoming one, even though Morea isn't exactly an active leader, and trusts the alphas to make the choices best suited for their packs. It may fix the issues that was put forth by the LT, but there are still fundamental issues with the original lore itself, due to the vagueness and how it was basically turned into discounted shapeshifting. 

9 minutes ago, Total_Xanarchy said:

Saying it does nothing to fix the original problems in the feral lore is completely false. We took the original lore and reworked it to make sure that no ferals could just add abilities that aren't in the lore at all.

Except Feralism wasn't put up for a rewrite due to this reason. TBH, I'd like to see you articulate why you think the lore was put up for a rewrite. I think it'd provide some very interesting insight on the feral community.

9 minutes ago, Total_Xanarchy said:

We do disagree with Starfelt's work, however why is that a bad thing? If the feral community doesn't like the current rewrite being brought together by someone then they have the right to make a submission that goes against it to be submitted to the LT. We were told we could do so and that's what we did.

It's bad because it indicates the general toxic atmosphere and OOC bickering that goes on in the Feral community. I was willing to give Star's rewrite a chance under the assumption that it'd be a concentrated effort by the Feral community to do better. But if you and the rest of your buddies really don't see a problem with the way that Ferals have been roleplayed, then it definitely needs to be shelved.

Addressing how the purpose is to protect nature and yadayada.

1. If their creation was to protect nature, and yada Aspects blah blah blah, why would they be able to learn magics such as Voidal, even if in their Descendant form? Voidal magic apparently affects nature negatively, while magics such as Necromancy completely defy nature by raising the dead. I don't get why there would be nothing to prevent learning these if it goes against their purpose.

2. Do we really need another "get away from nature grrr!" thing? I saw that it's supposed to be a more violent protection, but many current Druids are violent as hell and will ******* strangle anyone with their roots. So why are these needed? It's the same thing, different magical creature.

(I get the lore how it's Morea's use, but this just seems pointless)

I'll be very honest

Just no.

I was a heavy critic with Starfelt's rewrite but this is honestly, much, much worse. 

There seems to be very little effort put into this, but I don't feel like this I should the problem, the problem is what you do with the lore. 

Druids have been doing a **** job. A horrible job. And this rewrite, yes, may solve the issues the LT called, but not the issues the playerbase called. You wrote this, hoping it'd be accepted, so you could go around roleplaying the same exact thing. 

You keep this thing held within the druidic grove and the dominion, having no fear of sharing the fact you're a damn mutant wolf demon. The idea was to remain secretive, mysterious, wild. Now you're the same anime fairy tale Druids that walk around doing slice of life ****, but now you can have sex while being wolves. 

I want to see these things unable to do magic, you don't need magic or Druidism to pray to this fake aspect of yours, you need faith. And i have no faith left for this.

I don't want some shitty excuse for a curse backlash, I want some real ****, random breakdowns, massive random bleeding, horrible visions, lack of sleep, disfiguration.

This solves nothing, and you know it.

I am told to solve problems in roleplay, and so I may, only knowing the feral I wish to kill will only rise from the grave "pk clauses destroy roleplay!!! DDD:<<<" I've been playing a ******* human character for around a year and a half, with a pk clause, throwing myself into loads of suicidal ****, he has yet to die. Death brings roleplay, death is part of roleplay. And this is minecraft, lol.

I also saw you kept blood magic, hrmmmmm

This Lore has been denied as per request and agreement with the Ferals being shelved. 

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.