[✗] Satyr Rewrite (AGAIN)

Slothtastic

9 hours ago, HedgeHug said:

They're Fae, lesser souls apply. You're oncemore pushing the boundaries here because you want magic as well - even though in the earlier iterations I had very clear reasons why they couldn't and shouldn't have it. (apart from communion by default).

Also, why is it so damn important to you all that they must be able to FTB or that it has to be stated as an actual guideline in their lore. ******* hell I can remember the satyr playerbase arguing for 2 hours on end vigorously defending the ability to have sex.

It's sickening.

I agree with Smaw that any future playable creature should be more diverse from the existing descendant pool - this race is basically yet another nature cult with some aesthetic changes. Might as well play woodelves or halflings for that sake and have a culture around music and nature alltogether AND have your so desired druidism.

It's evident that satyrs in earlier iterations didn't work and couldn't sustain a playerbase. Making them more like descendants will not help your case.

You legit just wanted to make a worse version of Cervitaurs. At least they could have magic, but you barely knew jack **** about the Playerbase, came in and just said “I’m rewriting it”. And as I said with Flam, if you’re wanting to say this could’ve been a culture, practically any race on the whole god damned server could’ve been a culture. So honestly, please **** off. 

Edited by Slothtastic

2 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

You legit just wanted to make a worse version of Cervitaurs. At least they could have magic, but you barely knew jack **** about the Playerbase, came in and just said “I’m rewriting it”. And as I said with Flam, if you’re wanting to say this could’ve been a culture, practically any race on the whole god damned server could’ve been a culture. So honestly, please **** off. 

You ignored every single valid point he brought up and proceeded to make it into a personal attack. As for every race being a culture, that's pretty much not true. Humans and Elves are really identical, but Dwarves and Orcs both offer a host of differences that make them worth being different. And Hedge brought up a really good point regarding the actual Satyr community. This whole  FTB having sex argument is pretty much indicative of the kind of people that would likely use this creature.

No one is criticizing you, just your lore. IDK why you have to get so defensive.

Just now, ChonGojDragonski said:

You ignored every single valid point he brought up and proceeded to make it into a personal attack. As for every race being a culture, that's pretty much not true. Humans and Elves are really identical, but Dwarves and Orcs both offer a host of differences that make them worth being different. And Hedge brought up a really good point regarding the actual Satyr community. This whole  FTB having sex argument is pretty much indicative of the kind of people that would likely use this creature.

No one is criticizing you, just your lore. IDK why you have to get so defensive.

Well I gotta defend my **** right? Also the reason I made them have that FTB **** is because otherwise they’d just be a re-skinned Cervitaur. Which now they’re quite worse than actually. 

Just now, Slothtastic said:

Well I gotta defend my **** right? Also the reason I made them have that FTB **** is because otherwise they’d just be a re-skinned Cervitaur. Which now they’re quite worse than actually. 

Defend your ideas by addressing their arguments, not their character. And you literally just proved every single argument correct. If the ONLY thing differing Cervitaurs and Satyrs is FTB, I rest my case.

9 hours ago, HedgeHug said:

It's evident that satyrs in earlier iterations didn't work and couldn't sustain a playerbase. Making them more like descendants will not help your case.

you don't even play dude, they had a fine playerbase that was growing before they got shelved, and my community interacted with them a lot

From reading some more comments, I'd instead like Satyrs to be practically Beastmen from Warhammer, although that's mainly because I'm obsessed with them

@Slothtastic u obviously shouldn't be writing lore or lurk on the internet in general if you can't handle legitimate criticism

On 6/6/2018 at 10:14 PM, Slothtastic said:

On 6/6/2018 at 10:19 PM, ChonGojDragonski said:

On 6/7/2018 at 3:17 PM, volcel said:

u obviously shouldn't be writing lore or lurk on the internet in general if you can't handle legitimate criticism

I ******* rest my case lmao, also @volcel, preach.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 2 weeks, give or take.

Thread is being locked to prevent sneak edits to the lore while voting occurs. If you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Unfortunately, this lore has been denied. You’ve admitted that these are essentially trying to get a wood elf culture without playing a wood elf and you can accomplish this through playing a normal descendant with the culture you have put forth. As with the other fae pieces that were submitted and voted on this time around, the team does not feel that they have changed enough to warrant getting unshelved.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.