[✗] The Fall Of Laklul

19 minutes ago, Pinochet said:

Nagg'Raguk snarls after hearing the rumors of such a incident, rallying the goblins & clowns of Krug & Co. "Da Uruk and Klown uf Leyd and Clownth Mcclown will  surely rally for Laklul's honor, yub."

39 minutes ago, Privet said:

Radoslav furrows his brow, hearing the rumors around the corners of Fort Stronk. "The Cossacks will stand by the Laks in this battle, da."

The creation of this Event Proposal was in no way an RP post to publicise our intentions.

There is no 'rumour' or common IC knowledge of this event unless your character has been explicitly told IC by a character with the appropriate knowledge. Please don't metagame my dudes

1 minute ago, The King Of The Moon said:

The creation of this Event Proposal was in no way an RP post to publicise our intentions.

There is no 'rumour' or common IC knowledge of this event unless your character has been explicitly told IC by a character with the appropriate knowledge. Please don't metagame my dudes

dang, my bad 

7 minutes ago, The King Of The Moon said:

Just curious, you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Why are you trying to kill Laklul?

Why not go for the entire clan/other worshipers that devote to him?

2 questions

3 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

Affected Groups:

Mystics, Dark Shamans, Shamans

Lak Clan/Civilization would be affected as their society has the common ideals of the Swamp.

If you want to try to be impressive Dark Shamans then stop going around the Spirit Realm and attempting to battle Gods in their weakened states, and actually set up a war to attack the Lak Civilization instead of attempting to destroy the Spirit of the Swamps. Dark Shamans of the Clan Wars didn't go around trying to kill Spirit after Spirit, but actually led war-claims and sieges against other civilizations.

You really think any of you Orc players are going to submit to RP combat?

And if you lose, PK? @Pond

Secondly, @Humanisticif don't believe people's OOC opinions on the moves of the current Dark Shamans was at all asked for in the event proposal but thank you so much for leaving it. To respond simply, the magic has changed A LOT. The new basis of the magic is destroying the spirits for manipulating their followers. 

6 minutes ago, Humanistic said:

Lak Clan/Civilization would be affected as their society has the common ideals of the Swamp.

If you want to try to be impressive Dark Shamans then stop going around the Spirit Realm and attempting to battle Gods in their weakened states, and actually set up a war to attack the Lak Civilization instead of attempting to destroy the Spirit of the Swamps. Dark Shamans of the Clan Wars didn't go around trying to kill Spirit after Spirit, but actually led war-claims and sieges against other civilizations.

I do believe you've missed the point, good sir. The point isn't to destroy Laklul's clan or people, it's the ambition of combating a god. There seems to be a lot of anger here for no real reason; all this is is a proposal to make an attempt on the Spirit's life, not even a guarantee of success.

If an orc can explain to me why they have a problem with an antagonistic narrative like this, I'd like to hear it. I understand that Laklul is important to clan Lak and Orcish culture overall, but it's ultimately just a narrative device coming under attack. You could take that and use it to create cool RP conflict when information is actually out there (which it isn't), or I suppose you can get upset about it out of game and defend a character nobody plays whos purpose, theoretically, in the orcish narrative is to give structure and something to protect and value.

Sooo, capitalize on that. Protect the thing, fight the bad guys, but lets not take that IC outrage and confuse it with something that has any weight OOC.

19 minutes ago, Luv said:

You really think any of you Orc players are going to submit to RP combat?

And if you lose, PK? @Pond

Secondly, @Humanisticif don't believe people's OOC opinions on the moves of the current Dark Shamans was at all asked for in the event proposal but thank you so much for leaving it. To respond simply, the magic has changed A LOT. The new basis of the magic is destroying the spirits for manipulating their followers. 

As the Swampgoth (leader of Lak clan) Yes, if the RP is good, I would PK. I would very much prefer (personally) that the dark shamans go through the clan that devotes themselves to the spirit, defeat them, then go for the spirit. Would make sense in RP, since Lak clan is the closest to him basically, and it would be cool RP to see/go through personally.

And also, we're not "pvp xdxd we got 10+, pvp default mofos." Sure, we happen to have pvp against other players basically every day, but for this type of RP, I would be 100% fine with doing RP combat.

Yeah, I second Pond, this could be a lot of fun, but this needs to reach us IRP.  It could be a good antagonistic plot on your guys' behalf, but we need to actually hear of this for us to take any action.  To simply start culling another Race's deities isn't fun when it only involves a small group of players.  Us Orcs enjoy large scale conflicts, and are seeking such on the Elves.  You will be doing us a favour by coming out in direct opposition of us.

16 minutes ago, Pond said:

As the Swampgoth (leader of Lak clan) Yes, if the RP is good, I would PK. I would very much prefer (personally) that the dark shamans go through the clan that devotes themselves to the spirit, defeat them, then go for the spirit. Would make sense in RP, since Lak clan is the closest to him basically, and it would be cool RP to see/go through personally.

And also, we're not "pvp xdxd we got 10+, pvp default mofos." Sure, we happen to have pvp against other players basically every day, but for this type of RP, I would be 100% fine with doing RP combat.

9 minutes ago, TheNanMan2000 said:

Yeah, I second Pond, this could be a lot of fun, but this needs to reach us IRP.  It could be a good antagonistic plot on your guys' behalf, but we need to actually hear of this for us to take any action.  To simply start culling another Race's deities isn't fun when it only involves a small group of players.  Us Orcs enjoy large scale conflicts, and are seeking such on the Elves.  You will be doing us a favour by coming out in direct opposition of us.

The characters involved with this are targeting Laklul because - due to a plethora of IC reasons - they want to kill him/it in particular for their own ends.

There is no IC motive to bring about the Orcs' direct downfall or physically combat their nation in any way.

2 minutes ago, The King Of The Moon said:

The characters involved with this are targeting Laklul because - due to a plethora of IC reasons - they want to kill him/it in particular.
There is no IC motive to bring about the Orcs' direct downfall or combat their nation in any way.

A shame to see more circle-jerks.  Let us know when you want to diversify and expand your RP 

Just now, Kalehart said:

I do believe you've missed the point, good sir. The point isn't to destroy Laklul's clan or people, its the ambition of combating a god.

Mortal's and spooks combating a god is a very misleading ambition to pursue. It may not be the point but it does affect the common ideals that creates the society of the Lak Clan. If you kill a god like Laklul, the society of the Laks has no more reason of being but that would also mean that the Swamps would likely be destroyed or retaken by another Spirit of the Swamp.

3 minutes ago, Luv said:

I dislike this cross-realm war and battling because it's just battling from behind the scenes trying to make Mortals on par with Gods. If you have disdain for the Spirits then quit trying to alter the order of the Spirit Realm and fight those that decide to praise the Spirits. You don't like Laklul, then fight the people who create a society with ideals of the Swamps and of Laklul. You don't like the Spirits? Then fight the people who praise the Spirits and make them stronger. Early Dark Shamans were better developed as they only abused the power of the Elementals, but now it's like a whole dark shaman conquest of each and every Realm if possible.

(Also i'd like to mention that Freygoth is only the Spirit of the Wild which would mean Laklul would not be a lesser under Freygoth. The Aspects hold dominion over nature, not Freygoth)

Refer to the Clan Wars and Dom Clan for a perspective of successful campaigns of Dark Shamans  

This is kinda just doing things "under the carpet" to avoid trouble if orcs can't be notified then, it's not even antagonistic and does nothing but harm to the Lak clan and they can't really do anything about it regardless of numbers. It's not like anyone involved in the event will ever agree to PK after the event or anything. I mean, like, don't come snucking into orc stuff if no one wants to deal with orcs...........

3 minutes ago, Laklul said:

pvp default

YOU'RE A GOD HAHAHAHHAHA

6 minutes ago, Laklul said:

pvp default

hahahaha ******* great meme