[✗] The Fall Of Laklul

I'll return the ol' reliable "deal with it in roleplay" 

I’d also just like to say, that you’re literally fighting a ******* god. I’m not sure how you plan on winning but you most likely won’t. Laklul is a giant toad and could probably just eat you. 

Don't get a ***** ET/LT to play this.

Someone competent has to play laklul for any sort of actual consequence to happen.

15 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

Don't get a ***** ET/LT to play this.

Someone competent has to play laklul for any sort of actual consequence to happen.

Agreed tbh. Especially don't get an ET/LT who has no affiliation with orcs/Laklul at all, get someone competent like Grim said. 

Stop complaining OOCly for an IC narrative- to do such is hypocritical when you turn around and scream that OOC and IC shouldnt mix. This is to no one in particular. Just chill and let IC be IC. 

TheKingOfTheMoon has made it clear that he has put enough roleplay behind it- don’t be mad that you weren’t part of his year worth of roleplay for this event. 

To be honest, not trying to sound bias or anything, but the player that plays Laklul should be @Travista, he knows everything about Laklul, has been in the lak clan for at LEAST 6+ years, probably more, he's a competent person

3 minutes ago, Belestram said:

Stop complaining OOCly for an IC narrative- to do such is hypocritical when you turn around and scream that OOC and IC shouldnt mix. This is to no one in particular. Just chill and let IC be IC. 

TheKingOfTheMoon has made it clear that he has put enough roleplay behind it- don’t be mad that you weren’t part of his year worth of roleplay for this event. 

Laks have existed before Lhindir and Travista and the Laks put more than one year worth of roleplay, time and dedication rather than some random ex-lak that is angry at Laklul for no particular reason. I'll make it clear that I have nothing against the players themselves or anything, but an entire cut of a playerbase that I deeply respect is at threat of losing their most important thing where a culture, religion and dedications have ever done and they'll lose their basis for roleplay but they can't do absolutely anything about but to accept a post that has been written with probably less than a hour powered by some sort of ambition and drive to go around killing spirits? What's even the objective, I mean, did laklul send this guy through your window to beat anyone?

7994.png  

What's next now, we force the aspects to spawn because I'm an orc and I hate trees just to kill them with a rally? Yes, think from other perspectives, what if I summoned Iblees to murder him and no one could do jack **** about that because no one has been notified? Just imagine if there was a way to summon them and be like "Hurrr harr, I'll go killing tree spirits because they threw a pebble at me, so I'll bring these completely unrelated people that have absolutely jack **** and no formed ideas or opinions at all about spirits to come and help me kill them.

Maybe Iblees could notify people, but a spirit's incredibly powerful, can't he also do something like a call?

I wouldn't doubt if Laks and orcs overall would be up for a small-scale warclaim against the spooks to increase our vaults regarding gear, but I do, and most of the orcish playerbase that doesn't roleplays a green orc and lacks common sense, that we have the right to defend what is rightfully apart of our culture. Just killing him off anonymous doesn't breeds any roleplay but unrest overall for the orcs.

I ain't arguing about whether it should happen or not, just wanna note that this isn't an antagonistic event imo. This event doesn't lead to RP between you and the Orcs if they don't know where the event is taking place, and thus don't know who's killing Lak. So it won't lead to anything if they don't know who to hunt or fight. It just... doesn't do anything. 

Again, not arguing for or against it, it's just not an antagonist event imo

i used to hate dshamans but this **** cool, and you cool, good job mordew

I've awakened from my two year slumber to tell the dark shamans to sod off.I WON'T LET YOU HURT OUR BABY

Laklul's more actively worshiped by players than any spirit at this point, even Krug, he shouldn't be treated like a 'lesser spirit' after half a decade of diligent roleplay. And staff teams shouldn't go letting a small handful of spooks sneak in behind closed doors just to kick over the Orc's sandcastle and feel like special 'godslayers' for a week. It's not conflict RP if only one side is able to show up.

Edited by Desu Vult

To be fair, people can do whatever they want in RP, I don't see why anyone is arguing that a character shouldn't do something. That said, and reasonably speaking, those affiliated to Lak would probably become aware of this issue at it started happening.

With that said, I've devised a means of making this more inclusive/fair:

- Totem is pre-built but not placed until the day of the event, at which time an ET Builder will put it in; so as to avoid metagaming of the location in advance

- As soon as Laklul is attacked, those affiliated with him will receive a vision of his location and will be able to assist

- If Laklul is defeated, the land is cursed as mentioned. If Laklul succeeds, the region is turned into a giant swamp.

- All who participate must be willing to PK; up for debate.

42 minutes ago, Smaw said:

- All who participate must be willing to PK; up for debate.

any persona that dies in the conflict and does not pk is low T and not deserving of said conflict

1 hour ago, MickMeist said:

any persona that dies in the conflict and does not pk is low T and not deserving of said conflict

do it

enforce pks....

do it....

20 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

do it

enforce pks....

do it....

Not my choice b, for something high octane lore wise and server impacting like this it should be no question die ==== pk

Even for personas who have CA lore saying they wouldn't necessarily be force pkd by dying

2 hours ago, MickMeist said:

If they want to kill a Major spirit of the Orc's they should be forced to PK since they are planning to PK the spirit.