[✗] Necromancy: Rewrite and Magic Guide

Geo

I think curses, abyssblades etc etc add a lot of stuff to do to holy users, that's always good to see.

On 6/10/2018 at 1:13 PM, Geo said:

Abyssforging

The Deepswords themselves contain a malicious, mindless presence kept awake only through bathing in the bloodshed of battle; ensuring that the weapon’s effects are kept active, lest they fall into dormancy and uselessness. Through bloodshed and sacrifice, Lifeforce is fed to the Soul Shadow within the blade, granting it the power to inflict Astral Wounds upon those the blade has made its victim. An Astral Wound is defined as a form of damage to the mortal spirit, where despite the original wound’s healing, the pain of it does not fade, as the Astral Wound cannot be mended through mundane means. This does not necessarily grant a Deepsword wielder an edge in combat, but rather grants them the means to afflict effectual, long-time damage upon their foes to ensure their encounter is not so easily forgotten.

Much like Curses, an Astral Wound dealt by a Deepsword can be cured through focused Aengulic purging, or other magical methods of healing, but conventional first aid and regenerative methods cannot remove the curse.

@Swgrclan

you know what the **** you did, remove this immediately. stop dark soulsing cool concepts.

12 hours ago, GrimReaper98 said:

gods do not make magics good, please do not push this false narrative.

Then how do they get their power? It's only passed to followers by a higher being.

12 hours ago, Humanistic said:

Necromancy and Undead are stagnant without Iblees. Every magic comes from a higher power but Iblees has not been heard of for many maps, undeath has been lacking. Shamanism in itself is quite a chaotic belief/magic but Undeath as a magic should ultimately be the most extreme case of Daemon magic.

Shamanism - Daemon Apohet

Druidism - Aengulic Aspects

Ascended - Arch-Aengul Aerial

Undead - Arch-Daemon Iblees?

Have to disagree.  Ascended and Clerics are struggling with the aftereffects of being shoehorned into one style of RP because they have been forced to with that lore by an almighty being.  Necromancers have had some interesting RP.  The issue comes when spastics get ahold of the magic and walk down the road asking Joe Blows if they wanna learn Necromancy.

11 minutes ago, Humanistic said:

Then how do they get their power? It's only passed to followers by a higher being.

Necromancy was originally from Iblees then it was stolen from him.  The lore is a bit complex, but if you're getting at why this lacks the backstory portion I believe its because there was no real need to change what was there, just many of the mechanics.  So instead of a lore post,  Geo posted this as a sort of Magic Guide to lay out the magic more clearly.

17 hours ago, The Fact Core said:

This looks like a lot, like really a lot. It looks nice but it seems like it adds Soul Puppetry into the mix (Some of the Curses pointed out are almost the exact same thing from the Lore itself), combining it with Necromancy makes it look like a subtype magic of Necromancy. I don't care and Puppetry is gone afterall, but I just wanted to point that out because that's a bunch of magic to work with.

Necromancy Curses have been around almost exactly as they are here since before Soul Puppetry was a glimmer in the eye. This argument has been brought up a lot and it's entirely baseless - if anything Soul Puppetry would be removed for being a copy of Necromancy curses as they came first. We've let it slide because who cares, yet here you argue the opposite.

6 hours ago, Humanistic said:

dark magics are not deity magics sir

19 hours ago, Humanistic said:

Necromancy and Undead are stagnant without Iblees. Every magic comes from a higher power but Iblees has not been heard of for many maps, undeath has been lacking. Shamanism in itself is quite a chaotic belief/magic but Undeath as a magic should ultimately be the most extreme case of Daemon magic.

Shamanism - Daemon Apohet

Druidism - Aengulic Aspects

Ascended - Arch-Aengul Aerial

Undead - Arch-Daemon Iblees?

Woah there mister shaman person. If you want to destroy the concept of necromancy, sure. Apart from a single rogue necromancer I can remember, none praise Iblees. And for good reasons. Necromancy is not a vile and pure evil magic, if that's what's you want, return to Disney World, I'm kidding. But just so you know;

Necromancy is a perverse, godless magic, stemming from Iblees, from unknown sources, somehow bent. A lot more mysterious than shiny angels dropping down. This magic is filled with gray zones. Necromancy used to be primarily used by Xionists. 

Meaning, folk that literally want to kill gods.

Necromancy does come from a higher power, it was stolen, like I stole your mama last night.

None of that ug-blug "i kill ugh-ugh praise ibLeyz"

orcs do a good enough job with that kind of stuff

5 hours ago, Jentos said:

Woah there mister shaman person. If you want to destroy the concept of necromancy, sure. Apart from a single rogue necromancer I can remember, none praise Iblees. And for good reasons. Necromancy is not a vile and pure evil magic, if that's what's you want, return to Disney World, I'm kidding. But just so you know;

Necromancy is a perverse, godless magic, stemming from Iblees, from unknown sources, somehow bent. A lot more mysterious than shiny angels dropping down. This magic is filled with gray zones. Necromancy used to be primarily used by Xionists. 

Meaning, folk that literally want to kill gods.

Necromancy does come from a higher power, it was stolen, like I stole your mama last night.

None of that ug-blug "i kill ugh-ugh praise ibLeyz"

orcs do a good enough job with that kind of stuff

The magic in it's current state is exactly that, a gray zone. These are apparently teaching's that stemmed from Iblees but if strayed away from the Daemon, then why is the power source not cut off as well if not receiving magic from the God of the Undead? If it is from unknown sources then it will be nothing but bent with no actual platform. Funny stereotypes but all i'm saying is that the ability that is granted to revive people from the dead who ultimately hunt the living is not a simple school teaching and it has to come somewhere. You can have just as good role-play even if you do murder people, believe it or not.

5 hours ago, h e x said:

dark magics are not deity magics sir

It was still considered a Dark Magic when Iblees passed the teaching onto necromancers.

7 hours ago, Parkins said:

Necromancy Curses have been around almost exactly as they are here since before Soul Puppetry was a glimmer in the eye. This argument has been brought up a lot and it's entirely baseless - if anything Soul Puppetry would be removed for being a copy of Necromancy curses as they came first. We've let it slide because who cares, yet here you argue the opposite.

Excuse me if you feel like I argue about something. It doesn't matter what came first and I don't care about it. I am simply pointing out my own view about this lore because I thought Feedback is welcome. I'm just saying that it's a lot of magic to work with, I like the Lore overall and I just hope that the people who choose to roleplay Necromancy can handle the amount of things you can do with it, without Players being angry about the roleplay.

7 hours ago, Parkins said:

Soul Puppetry initial conception: 

Soul Puppetry (no comment) accepted:

(Dates: July 14, 2013, August 2, 2013).

Now, looking into all magic with lore at the time, the only thing that comes similar is Necromancy Curses. However multiple iterations of necromancy lore has been made:

These topics are both the earliest submissions of necromancy, however focusing on the Aegis undead style rather then the necromancy staple we have today. That post would come here: 

(Posted January 2, 2013)

The first necromancy lore post which detached itself from the previous necromancy lore(s) posted. The concept here would be 'curseweaver'. Although a very limited knowledge on exactly what can be done. It would take until May 25, 2013 for a more distinctive detail on what can be achieved is posted:

This list gives a Tier level understanding, i'll quote the most powerful being T5.

Masters of Necromancer can curse individuals with the taint, causing debilitating mental and physical effects on the user, If a Master of Necromancer comes in contact with an individual, they can curse them with the taint. Cursed users will immediately feel fatigued, dizzy, nauseated, and experience an abnormally high fever. They would begin to perspire a dark mud-like substance through the pores of their skin, their skin would turn ashen, and any physical strain would cause excruciating pain. Dark blotches of dead skin would begin forming sporadically on their body, the skin itself peeling off if pressure is applied. Sunlight would burn any open skin of the user, causing sharp pains to move across the affected areas. Their minds would be filled with an extreme sense of dread and depression, they would also perceive hallucinations caused by their tainted mind, some causing them to feel as if they’re drowning or falling, their nervous system would be attacked, causing pain to periodically flash across various areas of their body. Cursed individuals can be observed by other means than sporadic behavior. Their veins will begin to bulge, coloring to a black shade. Their pupils will be dilated, and their eye color becoming a deep purple. Dark rings will form on the palms of their hands, and large dark blotches appearing sporadically on their skin.

This gives a clear understanding that 'cursing' a individual is much like how necromancers plague the land rather then inflicting deliberating supernatural curses that soul puppetry can inflict. Now, we'll go into the second magic that finally had conclusive lore written and accepted.

You didn't have 'curses' as you have today, you changed it through constant rewrites. 

This was always the problem with Second Generation Necromancy, it was far too undefined, we took an initial concept and then ran pretty far with it IC.  We quickly began to express cursing as something that could be more specific than simple taint and disease and eventually differentiated the two.  I heavily helped in writing and conception of the initial Soul Puppetry lore to help flesh it out and elaborate on most of the ideas I had about cursing.  Regardless we kept changing and improving the spell, though it was always too vague and only few individuals ever took advantage of the possibilities open to you with it.  So I want to once and for all flesh out cursing and better define it to those that will be using them, so they know what they can do with it.  We can't help but it being similar to Soul Puppetry, it is by nature, its a spell that curses people with some dreadful ****, old fashioned.  It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Abyssus said:

why did you make two different types of wraiths

There is only one type of wraith, its just that necromancers can take a similar path to become one.  With current lore it makes sense for Abyss Wraiths to gravitate towards necromancy, and for some necromancers to gravitate towards Abyss Wraiths.  In that instance, it seems a little odd for a necromancer to drop their magic for three months to become a Resonant Knight to then become a wraith.

Glad to have checked the forums to see something is being done