[✗] [Fae Addon] Korkul

Slothtastic

OOC Note:
Oh boy another one of these, yes, this is my submission for the Fae Addon that was requested by The Pink Lion. Of course, I’d hope this would unshelf Cervitaurs or Satyrs, or maybe just Satyrs until Cervitaurs have a rewrite. As well as Sprites. This was not geared towards one single Fae kind, but for all. Before you all say “we have enough creatures already”, this really isn’t a creature in itself. Rather a transformation process. Like the Afflicted kind of. It provides more RP options, and directions. I gained a whole lotta inspiration from Beastmen of the Warhammer Universe if it already wasn’t clear enough. Anyway, hope you find it a good read even if you don’t think they belong here. They are also meant to be an antagonist to kind of all, or rather mainly towards wood elves and druids. Maybe forming temporary alliances here and there. If you’re wondering how tainting of the land would work, I would hope to have a few events worked out just to do so. Overtime where they stay would become corrupted, and we could change the land there (replace some dirt and trees) to make it look the part. The Korkul would have to stay in the location for more than a week for it to become corrupted however. Now you may be asking, “Well I don’t see how this gives Satyrs or all Fae rather, a purpose.” well that’s where you’re wrong. This would give the Satyrs (or fae) a purpose in keeping the Korkul at bay from the descendants. This could also open up a event-line with them.  I do hope this opens up the Fae again, as they would be the ones to keep them away, and they would also be feeding their numbers.

---------------------

The Satyr party looked over the blighted lands behind what was known as Curon. They had not seen this in many years. Yet they knew it was a sign.

“Ser, what do we do? If they’re coming back… we don’t have the numbers to fight them off. Especially in the long run.” Fear was evident in the Fae’s voice. He had heard of the deeds performed by the beasts.

“There’s nothing we can do. Descendants will have to fight for themselves then. The Korkul cannot be stopped, especially now. We are their numbers.” The leader lowered himself to the ground, looking upon the tracks they left. Footprints, hundreds of them with lines drawn from chariots. “The Warherd comes. We can only prepare ourselves for the destruction they will cause.”

THE WARHERD HAS ARRIVED.

---------------------

The Korkul

“T’ere be many a thin’ in th’ forests o’ t’ese lands. Beasts o’ all shapes an’ sizes. Bu’ th’ scaries’ o’ t’em all are the corrupted protecters o’ nature itself. Th’ Korkul are no’ ta be deal’ wi’. If ya see ‘em, pray fer mercy upon yer soul.”

-An Old Peasant’s warning to his son.

“Beaztz uv dah Bloodluzt agh Votar.  Inkredibul zightz tu behold, azh miyt evun konzidur dem ov Uruk blood, if it wuz nub fer der kloven hoovez, weyrd-legz agh furry bodies.  Truleh, dah unleh rival tu an Uruk on dah battulfield

An Orc, reciting his encounter with hunting Corrupted Satyr

8Dg1lT5_szrfOjipokgVrmh-BpmyjMwA5daDQ5S5Z1iacB_yydWvsCOkc3ThvxcwIGnR3Cvd0Q3vJne9Li34brSz71Myt2u8H5Puqww08h8T3dLZgxE7RWzD7LSQVB8Ggd-zImeR

The Blight Corruption caused these beasts to form. Big, vicious, and bloodthirsty killers who wish no more than for the destruction of Man and Elf. And the spread of taint. The Blight doesn’t just affect their appearance, but it also affects their lesser souls as all Fae have. It slowly corrupts them from the inside out, which the first two stages showing the Corruption slowly taking over their minds and souls. The Korkul operate in a Horde, not having really any ranks except the Horde Leader. They do not take settlements, rather they camp and are rather nomadic. While they seem barbaric in nature, they are quite cunning. Choosing to use ambushes to gain the upper hand against enemies. They are lightly armored, yet this means they are quick on their feet. The Korkul are not trained, and they fight with basic instinct and brute force. They make crude weapons, that are practically just slabs of iron and steel. Their structures are not the most stable, however the most reliable being the Chariots and Battering Rams. An unusual inclusion of their ranks are Minotaurs, who have joined of their own free will or were brought to the battlefield by The Korkul. Due to the Corruption on their souls, The Korkul are both infertile and become more asexual. Their ranks only grow based on the Fae population. The Korkul speak the Black Language, Al’tahrn (I would’ve asked permission from Meph but he hasn’t been on the forums since 2017). During the Newblood stage they are taught it by Oldbloods. Korkul have the option to feed animals their blood, while it doesn’t give the same effect of what happens to Fae, it does corrupt the animals. They would find extra appendages, such as horns or spikes growing on them, as well as longer antlers or tusks if they have them. Their fur would become thinner, and some flesh may be torn.

Mindset

The Mindset of a Korkul is simple, as they have primal laws. Loyalty to the Herd, obey the Herd Leader,  and stick with the Herd. After joining the Herd, one cannot leave without death.

I would prefer this to be a PK for the one who wishes to leave. If one wishes to simply stop being one while keeping the character, they would have to be cured.

Stages of Corruption

Stage 1; Infection

Infecting the Fae is a simple process. The first cause was of long-term exposure to the tainted land. First starting behind Curon. Some thirsty Fae choose to drink the exposed water there, unknowingly infecting themselves. Whereas others who are already Korkul infect others with their blood. Which to infect a Fae with their blood, they have to find a way for the blood to enter the Fae’s body. Willingly or not. This stage, when the infection has first started, is the easiest to cure by Druids with Blight Healing.

This stage lasts 1 IRL day, as 1 IRL day is a IRP month. This stage is curable by a T2 Blight Healer, as it is relatively simple currently until it gets into the later stages.

OkGf5aA5g1XOp6Bw3FgOd7VqCLsfsr_ZP-h5OwlxBrwjzG8lOm1yxtWqVRPvMeQWrZMAO8wA3WsN_QmtH5B_XnMiOzhL7UuyukrexgR6P_-6IiYpnhkcZLeeqLIv2PikXWc6XKS9

Stage 2; Newblood

The second stage is the most painful stage. The Fae (after being infected with the corruption) becomes more aggressive and is quicker to anger. Although not entirely bloodthirsty, they will begin to start having such thoughts. Thoughts of harming others, burning structures, and most of all: killing those around them. Still early in the stage, the Fae would begin to change as the blight takes hold of their soul. In a painful experience, the Satyrs/Cervitaurs would grow fur on their upper body, but not fully. They may grow fur on spinal column, and on their gut. As well as on their elbows and outer arms, although it is thin and easy to see the skin underneath. Also in this stage, their teeth begin to become smaller and sharper. They would begin to grow a smaller snout, not very large. Their nails would begin to grow slightly, and their horns or antlers would become tougher. They would become slightly taller, by about a few inches. Their muscle mass would grow a small part, but only stronger than a strong human. For Sprites, they would begin to grow fur much like the Cervitaurs and Satyrs. Their nails become slightly curved, and more like a bird’s talon. Their wings would become slightly thicker, and more leathery.  In this stage, the Newbloods are unstable. To both their own race, and others. They attack at random, and can’t control their temper as the Corruption settles in the Fae’s soul. This stage is the harder to cure by Druids.

This stage lasts around 1 week OOC, or 1 year IRP. These would be curable by T3 Blight Healers, but any less would simply do nothing.

fuijA8VjWc20L84TjHfl6okJKt4mi8Y1nCndcy-uG-vWDP1GefQtk99vvGMo9h2UNWKF1lUWm6lGhrRfhKPvISbAtHZ87pCCtt_j2sltcrMyI_JFROTirK4bZF_icZQVmZEtqDw2

Stage 3; Fullblood

This stage is the elder stage. The Fullblood stage is when the Corruption has finally settled in the Fae’s soul. At this stage, they are finally stable and can control their rage. As well as they no longer attack at random. The Fullblood stage is the hardest to cure, with it being very hard to bring the settled Corruption from their soul. The Korkul have now fully developed, growing in height to around almost a foot taller. As well as muscle mass being easier to produce, yet not as easy as an Orc. Fur covers now almost all of their body, matted and often dirty. The Korkul do keep their agility from their past selves, their teeth become more needle-like, and grow in number. Their nails become like full claws, being able to rend flesh when they need to. They also grow more prominent snouts. For Sprites, their nails would become even more like talons, and their fur growing. They do not grow snouts or hooves, although their wings become more like a bats, leathery and with small claws on the end.

This Stage is the final stage for Non-ET players. While still Curable, they would have to be cured by a higher ranked Blight Healer. Such as T4-T5.

jNguKbGgbC7BQvaiSPdN3sAvde4sSap2i1UK-EK8WUAijqahjPfgfZxO6yyx_XGOqtR0S3ecCSgDluuFjqgctY-ZHnc0aLLSDqeBWEah-ySLn73Kar90RZrD3tMLEOWCmtGJwSNP

Optional Stage 4; The Khalinar

The Khalinar are the nicknames of the giant, vicious killers of the Warherd. Created over great time and often a rare sight in the Warherd, as their tendency to turn on both friend and foe gets them killed. The Khalinar are primal hunters, often found on their own or caged within a Warherd. Purely Chaotic would be the best way to describe them, as they do not follow anyone at all. Not even the other Korkul. They cannot speak, or have any rational thought as their minds have degraded. All they can do is growl, snarl, and roar. Their physique is strange to say the least. They have four massive tree-trunk-like arms, standing a small but taller than the height of an Olog and stronger than one. At this stage, they can no longer be cured by Druids. Nothing can.

This Stage is ET ONLY. No regular players may play as one, as they would be too overpowered. However, I do ask that if an ET make one as a kind of personal character, they RP them correctly and go through the stages as well.

IC Notes:

-Beastial Strength - as stated above, The Korkul are able to increase muscle mass with relative ease although not as easy as Orcs can increase their muscle mass.

-Elite Ambushers - The Korkul rely on ambushes to help them in combat, rather than direct conflict. The only warning the victims may have is the sound of a Warhorn being blown before they are trampled under hoof.

-Simple-minded - The Corrupted Fae are simple minded. While not stupid, and capable of trickery they normally try to go through the obstacle rather than around it.

OOC Notes:

-The Korkul are infertile, and are asexual. Their minds do not continue to think in that way, and instead choose to focus on wreaking havoc across the land.

-The Korkul will require a Feat Application to be made in order to play. They must also be derived from a Fae itself that was corrupted by another player.

-The Khalinar are by NO means playable by regular players. They can ONLY be played by an ET.

-The Korkul are too violent to make long term relations with anything. Including cities. They are bound to the Warherd in Mind and Spirit.

-Druid Blight Healers can cure the Corrupted Fae, yet due to them not being descendants, Clerics and Ascended trying to cure them will not work

-The Korkul speak Al’tahrn (Korkul meaning hunters/ambushers) and Common, as well as any other language they’ve learned. You can find Al’tahrn language here.

While I did say that Fae need to bring something to the table, this is less of something that makes a Fae be capable of producing unique and meaningful rp that relates to themselves and rather something that would be it's own thing. And overall this seems better suited for an event rather than something that makes more creatures into grr kill grr things that people need to fight on a regular basis. Sure it'd give Fae something to hold at bay like you suggested, but at the same time anyone can pick up a sword and combat these things. Overall, I wouldn't move to unshelf any of the shelved fae due to this piece, though others on the team might think differently.

While this would make an interesting event creature, I do not see how this would aid in fae creatures being unshelved or really relate to it at all. This seems to be targeting a specific community to force them to be reliant on Fae creatures when they can honestly protect themselves rather well. Then you would have the issue of these creatures finally killed, what happens after that? This falls on keeping activity up and thus falling into a reliant cycle of ET events which that's never really panned out well in the past. 

12 minutes ago, Delmodan said:

While this would make an interesting event creature, I do not see how this would aid in fae creatures being unshelved or really relate to it at all. This seems to be targeting a specific community to force them to be reliant on Fae creatures when they can honestly protect themselves rather well. Then you would have the issue of these creatures finally killed, what happens after that? This falls on keeping activity up and thus falling into a reliant cycle of ET events which that's never really panned out well in the past. 

I don’t trust myself with organizing my response very well so I’ll put it in numbers. 

1. I think it would help them to get unshelved because without Fae, they can’t grow. Which is shown in the submission. I do believe it would be an interesting ET creature too, but I would like to bring it to the players as well.

2. While yes, they can protect themselves I had hoped this to be more like a rivalry. The Korkul v.s Fae. The Descendants can kill them but The Korkul would be more focused towards Fae, Druids, and Wood Elves. 

3. Well it would be like a revolving life cycle. Almost never ending really. Fae would be turned into Korkul, Korkul would probably die after being killed, and it would just continue like that. I would hope it doesn’t fall on relying on ET, as activity might be kept through raids and evil RP really. 

Shadow plague much? But honestly, this does nothing for the fae but give them a evil spooky cliche re skin for a short period of time. There is no long term character development for anyone in this, and it's just cliche good versus evil. 

Btw orcs don't lose fights.

I'm sorry Sloth, but once again you've come up with something cliche, however I do have to give you props for trying. Not many things are original in this world anymore.

I would love to be able to play a Cervitaur, hopefully someone writes something good enough to get them unshelved.

I love this so much please accept this

Edited by TheNanMan2000

14 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

I don’t trust myself with organizing my response very well so I’ll put it in numbers. 

1. I think it would help them to get unshelved because without Fae, they can’t grow. Which is shown in the submission. I do believe it would be an interesting ET creature too, but I would like to bring it to the players as well.

2. While yes, they can protect themselves I had hoped this to be more like a rivalry. The Korkul v.s Fae. The Descendants can kill them but The Korkul would be more focused towards Fae, Druids, and Wood Elves. 

3. Well it would be like a revolving life cycle. Almost never ending really. Fae would be turned into Korkul, Korkul would probably die after being killed, and it would just continue like that. I would hope it doesn’t fall on relying on ET, as activity might be kept through raids and evil RP really. 

Ah, I see however the thing is is that these creatures could still be made by non-player fae. An ET could easily have where a group of Fae are turned and corrupted into these. As I said, this is definitely an interesting creature for ET events, but I don't see this as helping fae. This is more of an 'what if' when blight gets to them. 

5 hours ago, Delmodan said:

Ah, I see however the thing is is that these creatures could still be made by non-player fae. An ET could easily have where a group of Fae are turned and corrupted into these. As I said, this is definitely an interesting creature for ET events, but I don't see this as helping fae. This is more of an 'what if' when blight gets to them. 

That last thing happened. However the problem was, that there wasn’t enough Fae for them to be challenging towards other players. Fae couldn’t grow and so neither could they. 

Lore_Denied.png

This lore was denied due to the original message concerning flamboyant being a lie and a lack of need for more Fae.