[✗] Troll Re-Write

TheNanMan2000

Spoiler

This lore is meant to get Trolls unshelved and back into their CA application process to help them grow. As well as to give Trolls actual lore. As there’s none on the forums to find. Without further ado, the Trolls.

Trolls

Trolls are dangerous beasts, distant cousins of Orcs and Ologs. Relicts of the past, Trolls are introverts. Choosing to live with only themselves, it would be uncommon for a Troll to have contact with a descendant unless they were choosing to eat them for a meal. Or, if the person were to infringe on the Trolls’ territory, they would find themselves in a tough situation. Trolls are much like the Orcs, living in isolated tribes from other Trolls. They mainly dwell in caves, or huts they build from rawhide. Unknown to most, Trolls are of primitive intelligence. Smarter than an Olog, yet dumber than a man. They possess the knowledge of basic crafting with things such as flint and stone. A rare prodigious Troll may be able to learn smithing. They can also make their own huts from wood and hide, and know how to properly cook meals. They have a tribal hierachy, led by a Chieftain. Trolls have different breeds, two main types with many subtypes. Troll hide is surprisingly tough, being able to withstand the amount of damage that chainmail can. Blows would have to be made from stabs instead of slashes for them to get through their hide. Trolls also have only 4 fingers on each hand. As well as 4 goes on each foot.

The Two Breeds of Troll

ifMfrr2ACfyOb-vDVgn5zC92u1_TIBI0WxLS2lb9RBmOoLVvLH3Z4G4MJrk2XH5sUAykJMmVRgJqyeEsgkn7PAR9wJfP9fm-kVsK-2DAdb3sJOJ96St7Eo27125ynQcwJY8nRuJE

Forest Trolls

Forest Trolls are, as their name suggests, Trolls that dwell in the forests of Atlas. They carry with them a green tint from the moss and mushrooms that may grow upon their backs and arms. Expert hunters and trappers, these Trolls prefer solitary from even themselves. Although there have been a few Trolls Clans that spring up from the ground. The Forest Trolls have the most commonly seen Troll subtypes. Swamp Troll, River Troll, Flatland Troll etc. These type of Trolls stand between 11’”-14”. Rarely going over this. Generally being a stocky breed, in order to stalk their prey.

fnU09_uhzCerrrq22nN_S6jU4N0qmwD-9Svn1G6lqF9gchhrqrwFydIXR_VtLJ4yfZtVnidDMK1hF_HT5DmzQNybha0fpnPGRLVre-toQmPnA45fMRakbEsWqWy5xU2jQL_V-7He

Mountain Trolls

Mountain Trolls dwell in mountains and caves, generally being around Dwarves and other creatures of the mountains. The Mountain Trolls are shepherds, for the most part. Choosing to raise Mountain Goats and Iron Rams. These trolls use mainly clubs made from bone, wood, and stone. Sometimes warhammers, which are just large boulders tied onto a stick. Mountain Trolls are slightly taller than their cousins in the Forests. Standing around 12’”-15’”. They use their height and strength to intimidate predators that would try to eat their herds. Mountain Trolls generally have a grey skin tone. Although blacks, pale whites, and darker greys are also found.  The most common subtypes of Mountain Trolls are Cave trolls, and Frost Trolls.

A Troll’s Mindset

Trolls are as stated before, rather introverts. They would gladly avoid descendants of all nature, however when a descendant stumbles into their territory it becomes a problem. Trolls have also been seen on the battlefield, having been paid by factions in livestock and hides. Finding no use for mina, and preferring to trade with others. Trolls choose to live with each other, rather any other faction. Although Trolls may feel a pull towards their cousins, the Orcs. While not retarded like Ologs, Trolls certainly aren’t very smart and can be quite childish. Starting petty arguments over another Troll having one more sheep than they do. As said before, Trolls do not have the intelligence of a normal human man, rather they have the intelligence more suited to children or primitive man.

6LbDdS7_ByUu-TCqAdIscs_oLBcpzxjJZ8MeTtHTQsymteUxtQzx2GJem67fuQO5kFyflF5-jSYzXNMMgp70EnUXthXMJDetWN0zVLYfsisugMVHZEvWAJudt62J5_k0s8ozM3j9

Strengths And Weaknesses

- Trollhide - Trollhide is extremely tough, being akin to chainmail and able to withstand just as much.

- Strength - Trolls are unsurprisingly strong. Able to crush bone with their hands, as well as pick up large boulders and rocks. This is due to their increased ability to gain muscle mass, much like Orcs.

- Intimidation - Trolls use intimidation to hunt and fight others, if they can win a fight by intimidation they will use it.

- Sensitive eyes - Trolls’ eyes are sensitive to light, not being able to see very well in the sun. They would require places of shade to see easily.

- Low intelligence - Trolls as stated before don’t have very high intelligence. Being less than an average man and more on the point of a 10 year old.

- Trolls cannot learn Magic whatsoever. Like Ologs, they do not have the knowledge to do so.

Trolls are a CA Only Creature. Meaning they aren’t playable to just anyone.

Edited by TheNanMan2000

Funny enough I've legit told this guy some days ago how I'd write a troll lore myself with a far more intricate context, so then he does this to **** with me - dare I say such is a display of toxic and, to an extent, childish behavior.  So if anything I'd like, if I may,  to ask for my version to be submitted before this is either accepted or denied, so the best project may be accepted (or both denied).

Imo this lore is simply just too much like Ologs, so why not play one instead? If anything it seems like they'd not be able to generate a roleplay style categorized as unique enough or different, especially taking into consideration how recently the Lore Team has been working on shelving many pieces of lore due to their bloat.

I'm not trying to outright propagate my own version of lore related to trolls but spoilers aside I must say I've worked a way to make them differ severely from Ologs and other hulking creatures of that kind, alongside with not being just driven towards combat so people could abuse their strength and etc.

So I believe that waiting for a fair competition would be the more beneficial to the server, especially with TheNanMan2000 posting this rushedly with the intent of provoking and taunting me (got evidence for confirmation <==== Got Proof). Now it's obvious he'd try to slander my lore as I've told him some of it, but truly it's the final product that matters. Really it'd just be a great shame to have everything I had imagined thrown away without even giving it a chance to be reviewed.

The reason I haven't worked so vehemently at it up to now is due to me having my finals at school before a month's vacation on July (Brazilian school calendar). I'd just want about enough time to be able to give it a shot, as I will to insert as much detail as I can, aiming to make them functional on the server and mayhaps, dare I say, with more of a meaning.

Anyways thanks for the consideration.

Edited by Yen

1 minute ago, Yen said:

Funny enough I've legit told this guy some days ago how I'd write a troll lore myself with a far more intricate context, so then he does this to **** with me - dare I say such is a display of toxic and, to an extent, childish behavior.  So if anything I'd like, if I may,  to ask for my version to be submitted before this is either accepted or denied, so the best project may be accepted (or both denied).

Imo this lore is simply just too much like Ologs, so why not play one instead? If anything it seems like they'd not be able to generate a roleplay style categorized as unique enough or different, especially taking into consideration how recently the Lore Team has been working on shelving many pieces of lore due to their bloat.

I'm not trying to outright propagate my own version of lore related to trolls but spoilers aside I must say I've worked a way to make them differ severely from Ologs and other hulking creatures of that kind, alongside with not being just driven towards combat so people could abuse their strength and etc.

So I believe that waiting for a fair competition would be the more beneficial to the server, especially with TheNanMan2000 posting this rushedly with the intent of provoking and taunting me (got evidence for confirmation). Now it's obvious he'd try to slander my lore as I've told him some of it, but truly it's the final product that matters. Really it'd just be a great shame to have everything I had imagined thrown away without even giving it a chance to be reviewed.

The reason I haven't worked so vehemently at it up to now is due to me having my finals at school before a month's vacation on July (Brazilian school calendar). Anyways thanks for the consideration.

no u

Just now, Yen said:

So I believe that waiting for a fair competition would be the more beneficial to the server, especially with TheNanMan2000 posting this rushedly with the intent of provoking and taunting me (got evidence for confirmation). Now it's obvious he'd try to slander my lore as I've told him some of it, but truly it's the final product that matters. Really it'd just be a great shame to have everything I had imagined thrown away without even giving it a chance to be reviewed.

The reason I haven't worked so vehemently at it up to now is due to me having my finals at school before a month's vacation on July (Brazilian school calendar). Anyways thanks for the consideration.

I'm not gonna read all that, but this Lore wasn't made against yours.  I'm not going to engage in this, since it's toxic, but if an LT finds issue, please PM me and we can discuss. I have screenshots that I can use to back up my situation.  

Anyway, to others, please enjoy the lore

Trolls are something entirely different than Ologs, both physically and aesthetically . I would deffinetely like to see Trolls as a CA race and

+1

Trolls were removed for being unnecessary, bigger, dumber versions of ologs. You just took the bigger aspect, removed them turning to stone on sun as a drawback and made them smarter than ologs.

As the last Troll player around these parts still, I'm gonna have to be honest and say I don't really like this lore rewrite at all. You take the already pitifully low distinction between Olog and Troll, and throw it out the window. This just makes it all out to be a smarter and better Olog generally which doesn't have to align with issues of being either a whitewash or a Orc Clan player. Also you removed the fun tidbits of their love of mutton and the foul curse set upon them which damages them in the sun. Also the Trolls being distant relatives of any of the Descendant races is a big no go for me,  as the  Trolls are supposed to be seperate of the Descendants. Primal beings which never developed past a certain point, and were passed on by time and the Descendants.

Overall as a Troll player I'd love for there to be more Trolls out and about but this lore rewrite is one which I can not agree with. So sadly I'm gonna have to give this a  -1 mate.

4 minutes ago, Killmatronix said:

Trolls were removed for being unnecessary, bigger, dumber versions of ologs. You just took the bigger aspect, removed them turning to stone on sun as a drawback and made them smarter than ologs.

Trolls are not just bigger Ologs.  They have their own Troll community (Meaning, you won't get fully armoured Trolls, like you would Ologs) and they don't just bandit on roads speaking "Oh mi hungreh zo lat flat" and then start fighting.  Trolls are territorial, and reside there.  Ologs are rarely ever played due to their stupidity and only utility being fighting.  Trolls are smart enough to allow engaging interactions with, and the petrification in sunlight was terrible.  You couldn't RP in the outdoors, even if in night, because by the time the RP finishes it's light, and people start asking 'Oh why aren't you stone?'.  This is only worsened by you're in combat and people start saying you're stone, even though the combat would only be minutes, if realistic.  

2 minutes ago, Chamo said:

As the last Troll player around these parts still, I'm gonna have to be honest and say I don't really like this lore rewrite at all. You take the already pitifully low distinction between Olog and Troll, and throw it out the window. This just makes it all out to be a smarter and better Olog generally which doesn't have to align with issues of being either a whitewash or a Orc Clan player. Also you removed the fun tidbits of their love of mutton and the foul curse set upon them which damages them in the sun. Also the Trolls being distant relatives of any of the Descendant races is a big no go for me,  as the  Trolls are supposed to be seperate of the Descendants. Primal beings which never developed past a certain point, and were passed on by time and the Descendants.

Overall as a Troll player I'd love for there to be more Trolls out and about but this lore rewrite is one which I can not agree with. So sadly I'm gonna have to give this a  -1 mate.

If you begin work on seperate Troll lore, lemme know and we can discuss how it should be done.  Since you've experienced Troll RP (As I have, but not greatly), then I think you'll have interesting ideas for the race.

Honestly, Ologs are essentially Trolls. Except, in this submission you're suggesting they're more intelligent than the former, which is one of the expected drawbacks of such powerhouses.

To add to that, this lore isn't extensive enough to cover a playable creature submission, and I don't see a purpose in having these or anything like it implemented when we're working on removing creatures and magics that are so similar.

If you're serious about this, I would suggest adding much more of a History to Trolls. For instance:

•  Why they may have split from their Orcish cousins and what occurred afterwards
  • Why they may be more introspective- what may have caused that?
  •  How they developed into Trolls after the curse of Iblees set in

All of these points should be expanded upon, as well as a more in-depth culture analysis and a more niche style that sets them apart from Ologs.

26 minutes ago, Yen said:

So I believe that waiting for a fair competition would be the more beneficial to the server, especially with TheNanMan2000 posting this rushedly with the intent of provoking and taunting me (got evidence for confirmation <==== Got Proof). Now it's obvious he'd try to slander my lore as I've told him some of it, but truly it's the final product that matters. Really it'd just be a great shame to have everything I had imagined thrown away without even giving it a chance to be reviewed.

The reason I haven't worked so vehemently at it up to now is due to me having my finals at school before a month's vacation on July (Brazilian school calendar). I'd just want about enough time to be able to give it a shot, as I will to insert as much detail as I can, aiming to make them functional on the server and mayhaps, dare I say, with more of a meaning.

Anyways thanks for the consideration.

7 minutes ago, Chamo said:

24 minutes ago, TheNanMan2000 said:

I'm not gonna read all that, but this Lore wasn't made against yours.  I'm not going to engage in this, since it's toxic, but if an LT finds issue, please PM me and we can discuss. I have screenshots that I can use to back up my situation.  

Anyway, to others, please enjoy the lore

Pathetic. -1

petty arguments over quite literally nothing, and derivative lore practically merging things that don't need to be merged

-1 how utterly intriguing

Edited by CheapTrick

59 minutes ago, TheNanMan2000 said:

Being less than an average man and more on the point of a 10 year old.

Still too smart

as someone who played a troll in like athera, i'm afraid im gonna have to say no

p.s. they were always meant to be dumber / as dumb as ologs bc they were typically a little large

I played a troll in athera/vailor. This lore proposal just has nothing to it. I'd rather see better well made lore then just smarter ologs.