LotC has had its share of scandals before. Usually, the outrage stems from player led groups, and so usually nothing is done about the incident in question, the upper management of the staff allowing things to settle down as opposed to openly admitting their wrongs. 

However, this situation is unique. 

df310280f78c8f6c6093c88503825f2d.png21a6db17eeac73d4b9fdb4aedbbea523.png9a825ae6f0eb10c7bfba5b01e5d1970c.png

We are now at a point where even the upper management of the server, those who inhabit and manage almost every possible staff team, dissent. 

There are plenty of other staff members who feel the same and have posted their feelings publicly, however I feel that it would be repetitive to have more posts.

Even those who have contributed their money to the server, some incredulous amounts, dissent. 

d00e298ceb4d0a5b36ece595b472894e.png

This should be a sign that something that the Admins have done is wrong. You may be able to ignore the playerbase, but you can't ignore your staff, and you, if you're smart, should not ignore your donors. 

No screenshots in this thread were used maliciously, only to demonstrate the widespread upheaval over the elephant in the room. 

Unfortunately it's not unique. We've had major upheavals before and in one instance it led to Tahmas simply removing the half of the gm team that disagreed with him.

Im not saying that the current admins are like tahmas, odin forbid, but just remember that your point isn't validated in the admins eyes just because you got a couple of staff members on your side.

This isn't unique in any way. This happens all the time, someone gets banned by an admin and they refuse to comment about it. Maybe it's all drama to them, maybe they just don't take LoTC seriously enough to consider this to be worth their time, who knows?

However, eventually something will give. Tahmas could only do what he did for so long before things went down hill for him. The same can be said for any member of staff. Mock your community at your own risk, this is something Telanir said and I agree with it.. Since it's clear that some staff members do mock the community when they refuse to make bans crystal clear for everyone.

I suggested it before, make bans visible. If the player is treated poorly after, so be it, they deserve it. Bans are mean't to be a punishment and are clearly not treated as such anymore. People laugh and scoff at bans because there is no social punishment associated with it. Put every single bit of evidence in a ban report filed by the banning GM and make it visible. If the player did something horrible, people will see it and people will judge. This is how it should be, this is how the legal system in real life works.

(The only type of evidence that should be withheld is pictures that involve nudity, IP's, etc. Just use common sense please and expunge sensitive material in visible ban reports filed by staff. This has gone on too long and it's time that we as a staff and community broke down the brick wall.)

Attacking volunteer Staff members over their decisions in a mineman roleplay experience and jumping to degrading comments in a Discord chat many players have access to is not the right move by anyone. Imattyz was banned earlier this year, two months ago, for his behavior when dealing with staff. During this previous situation, he disagreed with a Global Moderator's ruling and instead of going to the Team Lead at the time or the Administration, he chose the childish route to just ignore it all and was banned for his actions because of it.

Currently, Imattyz had a choice to handle this in a civil matter and message the administration over his 'unjust' ban and actually discuss it with them on a one on one scale. Instead of choosing the civil option, Imattyz chose to rally the bandwagon and start an anti-staff campaign on the forums which backs the Administrations ban reasoning even further. Imattyz did not change from his previous ban and did not learn his lesson, and because of that, his ban has returned. Is criticizing staff a bad thing? Not at all. But using harsh insults and doing it in degrading ways is not right for anyone to do.

I agree with L0rd Layer. IMatty had his chance to show himself worthy of being unbanned. This is not the first time he's been banned, nor the last time. Instead of going to admins (which before you say 'we'll they won't listen', I've gone to several about various issues and have gotten a response), he ***'ed about it to the community to gander support to hopefully unban himself. 

Mega unpopular option here, but maybe instead of speaking to the player base in an attempt to garden support, they could instead seek staff in an attempt to figure out the reasons they were banned, and hopefully come to a conclusion about what to do. If there's no way they could levy their sentence, then they just wait it out?

Back to the topic at hand, each staff member as a voice within LoTC. People disagreeing and leaving said game is not something new, I've seen it happen way too many times to count. People being asked to leave said staff team over something controlled by the admins is also something not new. 

To be honest, ban times overall seem to be excessive. I mean, 6 months, a year, two years..

While iMattyz ban was probably a bit excessive for just a few naughty words, we need to remember that he has been banned a lot of times in the past, and he isn't exactly a saint on the server. Bans stack up and get longer and longer each time someone's banned. 

However I do believe that he shouldn't have been banned at all for what he said, especially since it wasn't directed at any staff, especially since he was ranting about the GM team in general, especially since it was on (a private?) discord server. 

But that's just my opinion.

Ouchies, everyone insulting old staff member like *****, focus on the topic dumbasses instead of trying to throw shade on other people like Tahmas

Back on topic, yeah sure it's a bit annoying there there is no communication, no management of management and poor decisions being made, and although yeah sure taking it to Discord PMs usually ends in BS, it's also a pain putting it on the forums because new players are gonna see these issues and be like 'onoes xD time to leave' and go, Just make a giant Discord group, put an anonymous report etc, this topic has been going for a while now with no forward movement, just more people joining the witch hunt

That's my 2 cents, now time to wait for the 20 '(x) has quoted your message' where people try to pick it apart and insult it, xd

My whole issue is the act of banning without having documentation of it in the first place, if he did something wrong and deserves a ban then by all means, but all this in the backroom banning without anybody but him knowing about it is shady.

I am going to keep saying this until it sticks into peoples heads. The catalyst which caused his ban was unjust, and if people truly believe that a dirty history is all it takes to be banned for a year, then please ban every single other person that has a history. I'd give you a list, but I'd be hit with a warning, censorship state of LotC.

He was banned for putting staff on blast in a private server. Point blank period. There's nothing to discuss at all. No one should be banned at all, ever, for saying mean things about someone in private. I don't care that he got banned in the past or that the admins think they are everyone's mommy. 

Y'all need to start thinking about the implications of that kinda behavior before you jump to the defense of banning people for what they say off the server. And then to have the audacity to claim that taking a staff decision public should be an infraction and that no one should ever start a discussion about their ban

You guys know I almost never buy community out-rage but this and "Muh community guidelines" are blatant staff over-reach. 

Okay, so just going to make this clear imattyz did not ask anyone to post or create a public drama on the forums, everyone spoke freely as we do now. His words about the gm team were in a private locked channel, they were out of frustration and anger, as I said before bottling up how we feel can lead to outbursts or even dealing with the same drama over and over. He vented in a chat with ‘friends’ none of whom said they were offended even gm were present in the chat did not tell him to stop. If people had been offended they could have easily spoken to matt or to eli and it would have been stopped. 

I personally don't think he should be banned over this. It was a private chat, in which he vented his growing anger over a situation, which was causing issues for many from old players to new players for sometime. He just put his anger down in writing, are we not entitled to free speech in private anymore? Are we not entitled to be human and let our emotions show anymore ? Are we not entitled to just let our emotions out when we have become so frustrated and upset over something? 

because if we are not at that point where we cannot even rant every once in a while then what are we doing, if we don't allow freedom of speech nor vent then frustrations will build up and people will become more and more annoyed. 

again these are my thoughts on this while mess. 

On 6/22/2018 at 3:59 PM, Algoda said:

Unfortunately it's not unique. We've had major upheavals before and in one instance it led to Tahmas simply removing the half of the gm team that disagreed with him.

Im not saying that the current admins are like tahmas, odin forbid, but just remember that your point isn't validated in the admins eyes just because you got a couple of staff members on your side.

Just throwing in comment here. The Team was purged because half of them were massively misusing their permissions and failing to do their job. During that tenure, GMs were encouraged to speak out if they disagreed with the decisions made by the Leadership, and in fact while I stand by the necessity and the good it did to alter the team, we had more disagreements in the ways of opinions with the team that followed the purge. With that said, going about and completely reworking a team on a whim goes and makes for more troubles than it can solve, I can admit to that being a massive problem we faced. It should have been planned better and executed in a more efficient manner. 

In regards to the topic, this is just something that happens. People have differing opinions and it's very rare you're going to find unity within a team. This is a topic that has been raised for the past few years and it keeps popping up, but it doesn't appear to be changing. I was stumped with how to fix that while I was staff last time, and I imagine the staff are just as stumped now. It's a difficult problem to solve, but it does need to be solved.