[✗] Chronomancy - Manipulating Time

Paleo

Happy to be a part of those who made this possible. Love you Aelesh and Paleo ❤️ Let's write some more lore soon!

2 hours ago, Man of Respect said:

chronomancy was cool when it was a kharajyr-only magic

but then it got given out to elves and became just another generic magic to compliment other voidal magics used by people that don't give two fucks about Metzli.

No, it was never cool. It was an answer key magic that allowed the instant reversal of terrorist acts (such as the blowing up of a church and boat) and the mind probing/metagaming of people's past actions. It was the most anti-climatic magic I had ever seen. I know the creator of it and he was very upset when he learned about the horrors that I told him about. Especially when I told him about a certain someone who kept doing what I just mentioned. Ironically, Muuntravista was EXACTLY like this lore until "they" got their hands on it.

21 hours ago, Man of Respect said:

chronomancy was cool when it was a kharajyr-only magic

but then it got given out to elves and became just another generic magic to compliment other voidal magics used by people that don't give two fucks about Metzli.

This. If there is going to be time magic it should be given to cat people please. They don't really have a lot going for them right now. Every race seems to have it's own magic besides them. Like, even monkey people have their own magic, why not cat people.

6 hours ago, jyecarson said:

This. If there is going to be time magic it should be given to cat people please. They don't really have a lot going for them right now. Every race seems to have it's own magic besides them. Like, even monkey people have their own magic, why not cat people.

I mean, Chi is not a just monkey magic. There are elves and Orcs who have learned it and the Kha don't really have an active nor focused playerbase at all. Why let something die in a dying group when it could be shared with everyone. It makes no sense at all.

You all worry about metagaming, but mental magic already does that.

you all worry about ExTrA magic, when cutting out old COMBAT magics.

Most all of you want guns in lotc, but a simple non-combat time magic freaks you out.

Calm your ****, its good lore.

3 hours ago, ZachoSnacko said:

You all worry about metagaming, but mental magic already does that.

you all worry about ExTrA magic, when cutting out old COMBAT magics.

Most all of you want guns in lotc, but a simple non-combat time magic freaks you out.

Calm your ****, its good lore.

Can't agree more than this, fate I know we're friends 'n' all but all your concerns are displaced and focused on things that the magic isn't going to be, it's going to have LT looking over it, so any use of it being used for meta game will probably pop that user an instant blacklist, simple as, that's the punishment for powergaming magic in any situation, your concerns of meta game can happen with stuff like Mental magic, hell, meta game doesn't even need to be in magic it happens outside of it too, the concerns about this are just 'ew another magic x3 It's gonna be used for metaaa eww nuuuu!' when...Well it's not, it's got outside of combat usage, and is strictly out of combat. It takes a lot of mana to reverse major events, so unless you're carrying a time reversal enchant which is being fueled by an aengul eye mana obelisk then yeah, ain't gonna happen.

It's the only change for time magic, and all this moaning about 'eugh it's just another magic for the elves' is untrue, magic one way or another gets spread, I know elves with Runesmithing, dwarves with voidal magics and so forth, magic is spread it's just the ooc bias that's in the way, side A dislikes oocly side B so side B doesn't get taught, maybe if everyone was just friendlier it wouldn't happen but that's my view on it at the least

Glimpsing cannot be attempted in combat.

Travelling may not be attempted in combat.

Folding cannot be attempted in combat.

Suspension may not be attempted in combat.

Greater Moving cannot be attempted in combat.

Lesser Moving cannot be attempted in combat.

All of them state clearly, they cannot be attempted in combat.

Lesser Moving does not affect beings with Greater Souls.

Greater Moving does not affect beings with Greater Souls.

Suspension can only be used on a being with a Greater Soul if they are willing; otherwise, their ripples will simply be impossible to harmonize with. Once Suspended, the soul will enter a kind of deep sleep, whilst the body will heal itself nigh instantaneously if damaged.

Living beings cannot be Folded.

Some of the things that COULD be loop-holed into used for combat, are clearly stated they don't work on Descendants or even living beings in general

There are many, many possible futures. Peering into the future does not give the chronomancer supernatural foresight or anticipation of events in the present.

The realities experienced by the chronomancer are potential realities; it is incredibly unlikely that they will come true in the mortal realm.

The magics which have capabilities for meta even state that the chances are so low of the events going that way that it doesn't allow them to meta

Spoiler

Lesser Moving:

-Chronomancer finds an object

-Fast forwards or reverses the history of the object, e.g. clump into clay into brick, iron ingot into the blade of a sword, not like a person's body and just 'Oh no ur fine xd I reversed that arrow wound' or 'oh now u dead haha I fast forwarded time to where u were a corpse haah xd'

-Very useful, very unique.

Greater Moving:

-At greatest T5, it's 10 metres it's not the smallest yeah sure, but remember that mana is proportional, so if they decide 'oh yeah I want to just manipulate this metre large flag pole and reverse time to where it was a branch' that'll take a lot of mana yeah, but less so than if they were like 'well this is a small mound of dirt as a home, FAST FOWARD TILL DESTRUCTION MWAHAHAHAHA' I imagine greater moving is something that you'd do for large, circle spells (read circling lore), reverse the history of this giant rock in our way, okay now it's out of the way let's go!

-If it's the future, It's just temporal figments, so you can see the future of an object, maybe see what happened to that house in say a few days, seeing this intangible fire blazing it, and you're like 'oh **** there could be an attack, we should investigate this further' (Because remember they aren't 100% accurate, I doubt they'd be even 10% accurate it's about possible realities, it could be the suggestion of a raiding party nearby, and they witnessed the option of it being burnt down)

Suspending:

-Snapshots of time, lodestones can be used for lil things like 'OH FFS I KNOCKED MY G--LODESTONE! *Activates the snapshot where the glass then returns to the side of the desk, empty however.*

-It's a kind of form of healing magic, in the sense it can reverse injuries if there is consent, however this is after combat and would be insanely rare to happen, I can see people may think this is op, but hey come on 99% of the server break their legs and heal overnight, I'mma also be truthful, I've also used the 'oh yeah I got the monks' excuse for lost limbs, ain't gonna do it again but it happens sometimes

-Lodestones can be broken and have to have a stored copy of a person's previous self, if you smash a lodestone then they're fucked with that lost hand

Folding:

-Pretty cool idea of things appearing and vanishing depending on the moment in time, variable magic is nice

-"The great door has been revealed! Quick we must go before it fades!" - talking about an event, where the ET has used Chronomancy enchant idea to create a doorway that only opens at a certain occurrence. SEE ET ACTUALLY USING THE LORE ON THE SERVER

And then you have Travelling and Glimpsing but I cba to explain those

@Paleo I would provide some emote examples. It would help show the emote requirements and how this magic is properly RP'd. 

On 6/30/2018 at 2:07 PM, Tato said:

Can lesser moving be used on dead things?
Like, someone gets really messed up when they die, so to figure out who died a chronomancer reverses the dead body?

Not in such a way they'd be brought back to life, but their body repaired. Say, if the family of a dead person want a nice body to be buried after he was... burnt to death.

To keep the answer short and concise, no. In the redlines it is stated that greater souls are too complicated to work with. Why not for an animal or so.

On 6/30/2018 at 3:16 PM, Delmodan said:

@Paleo I would provide some emote examples. It would help show the emote requirements and how this magic is properly RP'd. 

Examples coming up.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:15 PM, Tato said:

If it's dead though- doesnt have a soul, right?

You could probably reverse a dead body, yeah. Just to make it look a little less decomposed, but sure.

A Note for the LT before Review

This magic is purely non-combat. It was not meant for combat nor was that ever the intent. In my view, personally it is meant for the psyche of characters in roleplay to be challenged to look past what LOTC has seen as the "reality" of the world. It is a new part of the story of magic, although many are concerned about the lore due to previous renditions of time lore in the past, this has very limited abilities with what one can do with time and the effort it takes mages to do this feat is immense. Again, when it comes to magic many look for it as some kind of protection that their character can have right? "What can it truly grant my character" well this is more so a magic for story telling, to look into the future is something nobody can do but with Glimpsing, the Chronomancer could only see one of an infinite amount of possibilities seeing as every action dictates future action and one being able to see an infinite realm of possibilities then applying the one specific situation is unheard of and surely not possible. This is not meant to make massive paradoxes but more so to help characters broach a new realm of philosophy within magic and their minds, not combat. A majority of these abilities could never be used in combat and should never be used in combat as the lore does state. It is not a combat magic so please do take that into mind when this goes up for review. If you all have any questions please reach out before the LOREMAG begins. ❤️To break the laws of the lore should result in harsh punishment due to this lore being used in the past for absurd things. Just because you see time and magic in one setting should not mean an instant N. Please take into consideration this is a NON-COMBAT MAGIC and we've gone to great lengths to change previous problems that Kha time magic and other renditions have had in the past. I don't speak for Aelesh or Paleo as well but I just wished to express my opinions about this seeing as a small group of people are concerned about the entirety of time magic due to players in the past writing faulty lore and rp about time magic. LoTC has grown as a community and the roleplay has only continued to develop. Perhaps this could be an interesting spin on the story of LOTC to open the minds of players to the reality beyond what they think possible right now but without causing any unfair advantage or role over another seeing as this is more of a "Study Me" magic rather than a "Use me to protect yourself magic" it was meant for all kinds of people but it has its roots into philosophy and psychology in my opinion. Just a small passage to clear the air on the lore, if you've any questions please reach out to any of us. Thanks guys and gals.

Edited by The Redneck

You and I have completely different ideas for Chronomancy as I got my own version of the School ready and raring to go in my head. All I have to do is write down the idea for the school itself, but if you want, I'll give you the link to the google doc page once I've written it ?

"Chronomancy is the art of manipulating the Creation's Timeline in order to travel back and forth in Time. I use Chronomancy to do things thought impossible. I can Rewrite, Rewind, and Reignite all of Time if there are problems with the current Timeline. All the things you thought you can do with Chronomancy are merely the tip of the iceberg. I'm the Master of Time as well as the second most powerful creature under the Edicts. I'm the Lord of Creation." -Kayen, the Lord of Creation. Lord of Creation series.