JuliusAakerlund

Markev Maer Election, 1669

The Markev Maer Election of 1669

The Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, 5th of the Amber Cold

AqT-EZNMyJLY7SiE4yHTfx9v4xz-3fDkCY2Vm_0ZQBPdnxMKOmSQe2TwOARfC5yTLcF7GFwTCVHusKkZBa4AV7yBGs_cFgfdRBSwIhDPVUBXLMpBwkUaaB6afORkL-BiOM6Zx4Zl

“Listen and heed citizens of Markev as an election year for the Maership of the Royal City is at hand!”

The town crier spoke aloud as he announced the election in the streets of the capital city. Breaking a sealed document from the Chancellery, the town crier stood on a podium at Red Square and bellowed to those who would be present for the information:

Va Birodeo Herzenav,

Great citizens and residents of Markev, we hereby declare the Maer election of the year one thousand six-hundred and forty seven duly commenced as prescribed by the term limit of four years expiring by the incumbent, His Excellency, Lord Maer Arnorian. In such an occasion, candidates: the incumbent and any challengers must state their declaration of candidacy to the populace within two saint’s days of this decree. We hereby extend our seal and impart godspeed to all aspirants in this most hallowed tradition. May Godan guide your path and best wishes to all!

The Royal Administration

dQMp7LnwRMKh-2XdKaUPNUw_25A772fWU7QdVBZPvm75POJmVlpDVxCDIwb0GcsiaM6UzMrXgePfcgotln2EkWQ5Af7XEb7tiLZc2tOdIhWx3kWxXozm0UYqAHqEsbV5zxyfXpC1

OOC Information: Those who intend to run for Maer must nominate themselves below with their name and platform by Wednesday, June 27th.

(Props to Piov and prior adminstration for the format)

“I, Sergei Stafyr wants to run as Maer of Markev.

And so he began to plan for his campaign to win the hearts of the Markevian.

“My plans for Markev are as followed,

First up, the commerce of this city is… ****, I intend to fix that, with making the stalls stocked again, and shops populated again so that we further thrive our commerce!

Second up, is the housing… Is it me or are there too few houses for us, I intend to increase our populace and i want to house them all in this city. To either increase our current housing or to make way for the new, but we are in need of houses for our working class!

My third plan would be to increase our Hearth Guard, to increase them in size, to increase their patrols and to make them valuable for Markev, we need the Guards to be trained and active and I want to make sure that it happens!

The last thing I want to create in Markev is a monument, to increase our splendor as a Nation AND as a people! To show off that we are not to be sullied with, to show off that we stand together as Brother and Sisters. For that a monument shall be raised in the town square to honour the fallen brethren that have fought for our independence!”

I, Brog Dhoon, eldest of the Dhoon family, will run for Maer of Markev."

With no preparation, as he was influenced quite recently to run, he clears his throat.

"I am a man of the land. The working class, and of the many I see come and go, one of the only of the working class. I am the large man who grinds his hands to dirt, stone, and the works day in and day out for the better of Markev. I see this not as a punishment, for I love the work I do, but I see it as an eye opener that even a man beyond the walls is not blind to the lack of work happening in and out of the Kingdom of Haense.

Although I wish not to roll in the fame of my work, for it is cheap and not necessary, it is to be made aware that the booming increase in agriculture and harvesting is a result of myself and the large addition of farmland I made for the people of the land. And as a member of the former council, and a participant in the battles Haense took part in, I have my fair share of experience in my life as a Highlander of Markev.

What do you, people of Markev, seek in a Maer? Someone with power? Someone with fame and glory? Or do you wish for a man whom knows the desires and needs of the common people? I have been a man of the peasants, a man of the working class, and a man who stood at equal grounds with lords and stewards as a member of the council. I can not bring forth money, nor does my name bring fame. I am the eldest of three, the youngest who serve the army, and myself who serves the land. 

I have created farmland for the land.
I have served in battle for the land.
I have given myself up for the land.
I, Brog Dhoon, will continue to put the land and the people before myself no matter the status given to me by that of the Great King, or by you great individuals. As Maer, I have the influence and access to abilities to work harder and provide far more than I have now. I leave it to the wonderful people of Markev to decide. May GOD be with you all; Long live the King."

"I, Hektor Schwan, last surviving member of House Schwan, will run for Maer.

Brethren of Haense,

I come not with any pleasantries, nor do I come to mislead, but to impart to you the truth, of which you, the people, deserve nothing but. We stand in a time where the glory of our nation which has seen victories have become a thing of distant memory. We no longer win. The time is now to reinvigorate the might of our identity, to reignite the passion of our people against all those who wish to do us harm. Do not be misguided, for I am not above you but truly a man of equal stature, truly your servant who wants nothing more than to secure the prosperity of our land.

My message is for those who stand in our way. Our city, once a bastion of might along the Czena and a beacon of human primacy has now begun to lose the luster of its former enterprise. I run not for any powers or titles, for truly I am indifferent. I run for this office to spark the agenda of those who truly care for the welfare and power of all Haensetians. I speak to you with these goals in mind:

• To promote the unity of our land

• To nationalize our institutions, promoting progress and security in our defense and society

• To revitalize the confidence of our city, welcoming our brethren and deterring those who want nothing more than to undermine our cause

Make no mistake fellow people, we can only achieve this if we so choose to devote our will to the cause of GOD. Remember that your cause is my cause. Your needs are our needs and know that I seek nothing but to channel our vision into the reality of our livelihood.

I ALONE CAN FIX IT, FOR I AM YOUR VOICE!"

I, Andrik of the House Tosali will run for Maer.

-=-

"Fellow Haenseti, I come not with the false promises of candidates before me, but I bring something that is viable, yet undiscussed in this election. Our hertiage of Haenseti men and women has been utterly forgotten and erased from the testament of our existence! I come to restore Haense back to it's former glory, for we are not the slaves of the magical folk, nor the servants to the ascended, but a strong and independent people, who are striving to bring a future for generations to come!

The first action I would take is to implement a anti-nonhuman race policy that only allows the Highlander culture to take back it's place upon the streets of Haense. For too long, elven people and the magical folk have ruined the land, and have only taken away from the greatness that Haense shall be!

-=-

My second action would be to establish a standing force for the nation of Haense, and one that is competent at their job. Some of you might of heard of the Hearth Guard, but it is a sad excuse at a proper standing army, not just peasants with swords shoved in their hands!

-=-

My final action will be to establish a HOLY prescence in the city, and restore the hands of GOD onto the people of Haense. For too long, the people have lost the faith in our lord, and it is time we bring back HIS GREATNESS into the Kingdom.

-=-

I do not come here with the favoring of the elven scum, or the affairs with the disgusting imperial folk, but with the pledge to put the Haenseti, Highlander, and Southern men first above all the other scum that lurks within our glorious streets. Let your vote not be for just GOD but for the restoration of our homeland!"

-=-

"Bog vedet nas!"

(God Guides Us!)

4 hours ago, Tosali said:

[snip]

"A vote for you, does not equate a vote for God, do not presume to be on such a level. Goodluck in the upcoming election, and may God forgive your statement as a simple slip of the tongue." mutters Josef the Neophyte in response.

6 hours ago, Sky said:

"A vote for you, does not equate a vote for God, do not presume to be on such a level. Goodluck in the upcoming election, and may God forgive your statement as a simple slip of the tongue." mutters Josef the Neophyte in response.

"May God guide you ludd, but I fear GOD has been forgotten in this grand-city and nation for the elves lurk declaring themselves our equals. I offer the restoration of the days of old, where GOD was placed first, before any elven or magical scum. Thus, a vote for me is a vote on behalf of GOD"

11 hours ago, Tosali said:

I, Andrik of the House Tosali will run for Maer.

-=-

"Fellow Haenseti, I come not with the false promises of candidates before me, but I bring something that is viable, yet undiscussed in this election. Our hertiage of Haenseti men and women has been utterly forgotten and erased from the testament of our existence! I come to restore Haense back to it's former glory, for we are not the slaves of the magical folk, nor the servants to the ascended, but a strong and independent people, who are striving to bring a future for generations to come!

The first action I would take is to implement a anti-nonhuman race policy that only allows the Highlander culture to take back it's place upon the streets of Haense. For too long, elven people and the magical folk have ruined the land, and have only taken away from the greatness that Haense shall be!

-=-

My second action would be to establish a standing force for the nation of Haense, and one that is competent at their job. Some of you might of heard of the Hearth Guard, but it is a sad excuse at a proper standing army, not just peasants with swords shoved in their hands!

-=-

My final action will be to establish a HOLY prescence in the city, and restore the hands of GOD onto the people of Haense. For too long, the people have lost the faith in our lord, and it is time we bring back HIS GREATNESS into the Kingdom.

-=-

I do not come here with the favoring of the elven scum, or the affairs with the disgusting imperial folk, but with the pledge to put the Haenseti, Highlander, and Southern men first above all the other scum that lurks within our glorious streets. Let your vote not be for just GOD but for the restoration of our homeland!"

-=-

"Bog vedet nas!"

(God Guides Us!)

I think this is a place to become a candidate for being the Maer of Markev, not being the leader of all of Haense

Edited by Juststa147

1 minute ago, Juststa147 said:

I think this is a vote for being the Maer of Markev, not being the leader of all of Haense

"I feel your elven loving mind is blinding your viewing of this Great Lord Enthelor" He'd jest

6 hours ago, Tosali said:

"May God guide you ludd, but I fear GOD has been forgotten in this grand-city and nation for the elves lurk declaring themselves our equals. I offer the restoration of the days of old, where GOD was placed first, before any elven or magical scum. Thus, a vote for me is a vote on behalf of GOD"

"I am specifically learning from the holymen of Judesberg just so that I can bring a more defined place of learning of God into Markev. Where you say you are going to do something, I actively am. Avote for you is not a vote on behalf of God, stop attempting to put yourself on similar levels." retorts Josef once more.

18 hours ago, Sky said:

"I am specifically learning from the holymen of Judesberg just so that I can bring a more defined place of learning of God into Markev. Where you say you are going to do something, I actively am. Avote for you is not a vote on behalf of God, stop attempting to put yourself on similar levels." retorts Josef once more.

"I speak not of being a holy-man myself, but allowing the church to casts its light upon the Markevians. I come to allow the church to bring peace and order to the city, and to cleanse it of the heresy that lurks its streets." -He'd reply