[✗] Snow Dwarves Lore

JokerLow

There isn’t a need for this 

4 minutes ago, Aeldrin said:

lol dude where are you getting this from. we almost always have people rping in the city

From what I’ve seen, a lot of snelfs are associated with nations such as the Dominion or smaller rp hubs. Also, whenever I try to enter the city, I find the gates closed, so there’s no real way to check how active Fenn is, from my perspective.

Just now, BigMacMoMo said:

From what I’ve seen, a lot of snelfs are associated with nations such as the Dominion or smaller rp hubs. Also, whenever I try to enter the city, I find the gates closed, so there’s no real way to check how active Fenn is, from my perspective.

There are exactly 0 Snow Elves associated with any current nations other than Fenn, with the exception of a couple of randos hanging with a freebuild or two. The gates are always shut because 90% of our rp is among ourselves and the culture isn't particularly hospitable to outsiders. If you wanna continue talking about our activity with me that's cool but you should probably do it over pm's, as we're now just derailing this thread

1 minute ago, Aeldrin said:
3 minutes ago, BigMacMoMo said:

There are exactly 0 Snow Elves associated with any current nations other than Fenn, with the exception of a couple of randos hanging with a freebuild or two. The gates are always shut because 90% of our rp is among ourselves and the culture isn't particularly hospitable to outsiders. If you wanna continue talking about our activity with me that's cool but you should probably do it over pm's, as we're now just derailing this thread

Just what I was going to say when I saw that you responded. Good chat, mein fruende.

When proposing a lore set, i recommend some background or fancy fluff to it all
also arguing menial topics with people doesn't help you as a person nor the lore being written

7 minutes ago, Aeldrin said:

you're confusing angry with mildly annoyed

im going to take a hot second and list the most basic reasons why this is a bad idea

1. too similar to an existing subrace

2. mountain dwarves are already like this

3. it took snow elves 3-4 years of active existence with pretty solid numbers to get subracialhood. expecting that after a day of founding a 4-man freebuild "kingdom" is absurd

4. a dwarven clan under ziko called the snowborn already exist, who are a clan native to wintery regions that have experienced some minor physical alterations in order to adapt

5. you're literally just pulling a "what if dwarves were snow elves". you really cant deny that seeing as half your posts mention how you apparently chose land right next to fenn

6. i see no popular appeal for this and i think youre gonna get that this is pretty unpopular soon enough

7. there are already 4 dwarven subraces. taking that up to 5 is stretching the race way too thin

8. this isn't even a lore piece, you basically just made a post saying "yeah we should do this"

9. the only differences between snow dwarves and other dwarves is that they have white hair and are bigger. you havent even laid out the basis of a culture

10. no

lol dude where are you getting this from. we almost always have people rping in the city

Hey...I will try to respond the everything and if im not able to respond or I don't know how to respond to that I will simply put a "-".

1. I don't see similarities between mountain dwarfs and snow dwarfs.

2. No they aren't.

3. Well Rome wasn't made in a day, I never mentioned that I want that race tommorow.

4. I have no idea about that clan.

5. The land was chosen by me because thats where I wanted to build thats none of your bussines sir.

6. You can't predict the future.

7. I'm not really thinking thats true.

8. It's a opinion if the opinion gets accepted I will make sure to post something more complex.

9. You have the answer in 8.

10. yes

If you could bring any like convincing argument as to why they should be here, I might just be on board but if ya can’t, then I can’t really support it. 

2 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

How will snow dwarves be interesting to RP? 
What can they bring to Lotc as a race?

Well in roleplay the snow dwarves could start crafting snow-dwarven items that would be combined throught runesmithing and magic.

What else they would is a new branch of dwarfs spreading the breed all over the lands which werent found.

The snow dwarfs would be a mostly peaceful race.

To Lotc they would bring diversity which is a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

If you could bring any like convincing argument as to why they should be here, I might just be on board but if ya can’t, then I can’t really support it. 

They are above, more things could be that would be another race in which culture the magic would be allowed and literally in blood.

43 minutes ago, Aeldrin said:

erp'ing with yourself doesnt count

20 minutes ago, JokerLow said:

Well in roleplay the snow dwarves could start crafting snow-dwarven items that would be combined throught runesmithing and magic.

What else they would is a new branch of dwarfs spreading the breed all over the lands which werent found.

The snow dwarfs would be a mostly peaceful race.

To Lotc they would bring diversity which is a good thing.

They are above, more things could be that would be another race in which culture the magic would be allowed and literally in blood.

So they’d just auto have magic? It didn’t make much sense. Also, there’s already a lot of diversity. You really haven’t made a whole lot of lore for them either. That’s kind of a problem, as if there’s going to another new subtype there should be something unique about it. Not just taller dwarves with “magic” in their blood. 

16 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

So they’d just auto have magic? It didn’t make much sense. Also, there’s already a lot of diversity. You really haven’t made a whole lot of lore for them either. That’s kind of a problem, as if there’s going to another new subtype there should be something unique about it. Not just taller dwarves with “magic” in their blood. 

The dwarves will still have to learn magic but they would already have a connection with the void as the General is knowing voidal magic which will allow the dwarfs to learn the magic faster.

If you guys let me sleep, I can come fresh with more arguments but right now its 4:40 am and its hard to argue everything.

>.<

2 hours ago, JokerLow said:

The dwarves will still have to learn magic but they would already have a connection with the void as the General is knowing voidal magic which will allow the dwarfs to learn the magic faster.

If you guys let me sleep, I can come fresh with more arguments but right now its 4:40 am and its hard to argue everything.

>.<

Okay if you're going to say they automatically connect with the void then where did that come from? How come "Snow Dwarves" are all assumed to use magic and what kind? What do they use it for? From what I've seen, you can't try to make an entire new subrace and also use it as an excuse to stack all these cool magics under your belt. 

Also, if you're going to say that these Snow Dwarves will learn magic and runesmithing, that won't add anything new to the overall race whatsoever. Plenty of dwarves practice that already without being this new special snowflake-y subrace. So, once again, this would literally add nothing to dwarves.

image.jpg