[✗] Snow Dwarves Lore

JokerLow

Hello, today I've come with a new proposal for the lore, the first proposal I've ever made regarding the lore.

Today's proposal is about a new race, I think everyone could understand that from the title.

As everyone knows there are 4 types of dwarves: Dark Dwarf, Mountain Dwarf, Cave Dwarf and Forest Dwarf.

But my question was always "Why there is no Snow Dwarf?"

And by my move of declaring the independence of the Kingdom of Kal'Arab I've come with a proposal about the current lore, and it is about implementing the Snow Dwarf race.

People would ask "But why?".

Well because there is a kingdom in the snow lands near Fenn where Snow Elves live, and I think a race named Snow Dwarves would be perfect for the zone the kingdom is placed at.

What would be so different from the other dwarves would you ask.

Well I've made a list for everyone to know:

Height: They average height would be from 3ft to 5.7ft as the zone the live in is snowy and dwarfs would become bigger so they could get on the snow.

Weight: The same.

Hair(in general): They would have white hair.

Another thing that would likely a good thing to add would be the magic in the snow dwarf's blood. As you might don't know, the current General of Army of Kal'Arab is Jakhatir Irongut Anvilaxe. As he is an Irongut, his breed shall spread the magic blood throughout the kingdom and thats how the connection shall be made.

I don't really know if I've missed something or if it will be accepted by the Lore Team or players but that is my first lore proposal.

Have a good day ^>^

h

Guest Guest

I don't think there needs to be a new sub-race. You can do this entirely as a dwarven clan with special traits acquired over several generations of living in a snowy environment. If you want a new sub-race it needs a lot more detail and you need a better explanation on how it fits into the rest of the dwarven lore. If you make it as a clan you don't really need much approval as long as you don't make your dwarves exceed the already-established limitations of the dwarven race.

dont mountain dwarves live on snowy mountains

Just now, dsdevil said:

I don't think there needs to be a new sub-race. You can do this entirely as a dwarven clan with special traits acquired over several generations of living in a snowy environment. If you want a new sub-race it needs a lot more detail and you need a better explanation on how it fits into the rest of the dwarven lore. If you make it as a clan you don't really need much approval as long as you don't make your dwarves exceed the already-established limitations of other dwarves.

Hey, I appreciate your response.

I wasn't that specific because there is no more things to submit about the new race, what it was supposed to say was said.

Snow elves already exist. We don't need more snow stuff. 

In reality, however, dwarves have lived in snowy or cold climate areas in just about every city we've lived in forever so there's no real support for a subrace that lives in the exact same climate with the excuse that they live in that climate. We also don't need a separate subrace just for your brand new 5 man kingdom cuz we all know how that goes...

@Aeldrin ❤️

4 minutes ago, Harrison said:

dont mountain dwarves live on snowy mountains

I don't really know that because i never went ON Kal'Tarak but your point isn't a good one as they live in a normal environment.

The snow dwarfs live in the kingdom of Kal'Arab which lives a few miles away from Fenn which makes the big difference between the two races.

4 minutes ago, Josh3738 said:

Snow elves already exist. We don't need more snow stuff. 

In reality, however, dwarves have lived in snowy or cold climate areas in just about every city we've lived in forever so there's no real support for a subrace that lives in the exact same climate with the excuse that they live in that climate. We also don't need a separate subrace just for your brand new 5 man kingdom cuz we all know how that goes...

@Aeldrin ❤️

Hey, I don't really belive that Kaz'Azkstan lives in a snowy climate nor Kal'Tarak or Holm. Not to mention Asgaryum and Az'dar.

3 minutes ago, Aeldrin said:

no

I already knew what the person who was angry about the kingdom would say. :)

Edited by JokerLow

2 minutes ago, JokerLow said:

Hey, I don't really belive that Kaz'Azkstan lives in a snowy climate nor Kal'Tarak or Holm. Not to mention Asgaryum and Az'dar.

Nearly every city up until this map/for the last 5-6 irl years.

1 minute ago, Josh3738 said:

Nearly every city up until this map/for the last 5-6 irl years.

Yeah, but guess what, this year that didn't happend. :)

27 minutes ago, JokerLow said:

Height: They average height would be from 3ft to 5.7ft as the zone the live in is snowy and dwarfs would become bigger so they could get on the snow.

5.7ft isn't a dwarf. 

Just now, Willy6001 said:

5.7ft isn't a dwarf. 

A 5.5ft dwarf wouldn't have a chance to live under the heavily snowy zone. So the race in time would become bigger than the average dwarf.

Dwarven clans such as the Frostbeard clan are already fairly oriented with snow. There’s also the fact that snow elves exist, and they are incredibly inactive, so I don’t think it would be a great idea to introduce a Dwarven version of a snelf. Countless other Dwarven cities are placed in the snow as well. Jornheim, back in Axios, was well known for being snowy.

3 minutes ago, JokerLow said:

I already knew what the person who was angry about the kingdom would say. ?

you're confusing angry with mildly annoyed

im going to take a hot second and list the most basic reasons why this is a bad idea

1. too similar to an existing subrace

2. mountain dwarves are already like this

3. it took snow elves 3-4 years of active existence with pretty solid numbers to get subracialhood. expecting that after a day of founding a 4-man freebuild "kingdom" is absurd

4. a dwarven clan under ziko called the snowborn already exist, who are a clan native to wintery regions that have experienced some minor physical alterations in order to adapt

5. you're literally just pulling a "what if dwarves were snow elves". you really cant deny that seeing as half your posts mention how you apparently chose land right next to fenn

6. i see no popular appeal for this and i think youre gonna get that this is pretty unpopular soon enough

7. there are already 4 dwarven subraces. taking that up to 5 is stretching the race way too thin

8. this isn't even a lore piece, you basically just made a post saying "yeah we should do this"

9. the only differences between snow dwarves and other dwarves is that they have white hair and are bigger. you havent even laid out the basis of a culture

10. no

1 minute ago, BigMacMoMo said:

snow elves exist, and they are incredibly inactive

lol dude where are you getting this from. we almost always have people rping in the city