Olog/Troll Amendment

Panashea

Olog/Troll Amendment

BKq1eyCoW28KvWSuqgjMB1032x-JbOI6OsenelpUPUis6Gq-XvQ7d6wUdLNve8bg9WDlEsBxSgHWzD6Y8MGEd2cDBN8nkF69NDKjMpZV1-WwHLxWSiQEoYVL9_pT_4jL28CNpE2z

Born from the great beasts of myth and orcish blood, ologs are a curious and peculiar breed, whose bodies seem to stretch far beyond the capacity of their infantile minds. Possessing an intellect of both beastial and sentient nature, an olog’s temperament varies based on how deep the curse of Krug riddles their mind and hearts. Though rage and gluttony are second nature to these massive creatures, they still have the ability to learn and understand. Raised from the simple intellect, an olog may string together words, with some difficulty, as well as an understanding of basic texts and information.

However, the larger and more troll-like an olog is, the further removed they are from their orcish kin, suffering the weaknesses of the trolls, as well as developing stone-scales that pain the olog and break away their flesh when struck.  Even in their smaller renditions, bright harsh sunlight is anathema to their small beady eyes, and so one might catch an olog donning a helmet or cloth over their head, or find them hidden within the valleys and caves of the desert.

Ologs closer to their troll-kin have a great reverence for nature and the elements of it, and rather than worshiping the great pantheon of spirits taught to them by their orcish brethren, they choose to understand that their blood makes them half beast, half uruk, and so they hold a great fondness for earth and stone, worshipping the natural elements. Those that choose to worship the spirits adopt Freygoth and Arwa, Ankrus, and other Immortals who take hold within the natural world.  Their worship stems from crude totems and animal sacrifices, donning pelts and hides in hopes honor and revere their more beastial progenitors. They rarely speak, and are left roaming the world, aimless and clumsy.

Ologs closer to their uruk brethren are fat and lazy. Large, and bloated, they are soaked within the curse of Krug, angry and violent, seeking little more than to eat and kill. Many of them sit like dragons of lore, atop mountains of gold and possessions, seeking to own the world, and all of its belongings. They are fond of metal and steel, forging massive brutish weapons that allow them to strike down their opponents.

Ologs range from 10-13ft, depending on the mix of Orc and Troll blood. Their weight range from 650-1100 pounds. The dumbest of ologs will struggle to comprehend dialogue and instructions, while the most intelligent of ologs are

able to read basic sentences(no writing), and possesses the mental wherewithal of a mentally impaired adult.

An olog’s mind is dim and dark, devoid of complex thought or rumination. Beastial instinct drives them forward, with words and thought only a means of basic interaction with their world. Despite their size, their feeble minds can only hold so much information. Their personalities, defined to only a few key characteristics(usually hunger, apathy, and greed) rarely expand beyond this, and require great change.

As its mind swells and grows, the information festers and shakes, bouncing around within the olog’s thick skull, beginning a terrible transformation. As it begins, an olog will experience intense migraines, a period of blindness, synesthesia, and soon madness. Its anger will grow, as well as any other emotions that it seeks to pride itself in.

As this is going on, the olog’s skull risks rupturing. Its transformation is slow and tedious, taking a months(irl week) as it battles and wrests with this tumor of information, details and facts, people and faces, all of which coalesces into a new entity: A second head.

k6BcmTg9QMLJzl1s0pfJ1YxvwJSjM-NbKNYOXCvWc6WJYx0yN9Mt9nZeepfm39dJL1es7mP0dC2m_ds8Wq8STYOyU5azt9uQHpGHwInztBxM-Sks3vEQ-lV36ARDs2h7xyEnL7Bc

(A newly sprouted head, one dim, one angry)

This comes with a host of issues the two now face. Arguing and bickering, the olog now faces the peril of dealing with two dim-witted beings in the body of a thick-hided giant.  The days following the formation of the new head would be some of the most difficult for the Olog as it becomes accustomed to being controlled by two clashing personalities. Each personality controls half of the olog, and without proper control, leads to them constantly fighting and bickering between themselves. The two mental forces would clash on even grounds, with many of these mental battles having no winner, thus causing the Olog to cease functioning properly for moments at a time.

There is no way for an olog to overcome its new partner and companion. Once present, if the olog wished to remove the second head, it would a host of motor functions, complex thought and eventually perish. When fighting, if one of the heads were to be severely injured or maimed, it would cripple the olog, though once healed, the personality would eventually begin to reform.

The second head grants better hearing and senses, as two heads are better than one. Magics that afflict the mind are more taxing and ineffective against the olog, as it requires involving both personalities. The olog/troll is not stronger,  and may only grow a maximum of three heads, requiring a CA for each additional head, as well as explaining the reason of such growth.

Transformation Examples:

An olog seeks to study the Spirits. A second head may form when a great act of spirit worship is performed, only to have the second head sprout forth in anger, seeking to worship another spirit.

A troll, after amassing a large fortune may sprout a second head, surging with greed as the new personality desire more and longs for great wealth.

A warlike olog, drenched in the blood of his enemies may see the verdant and beautiful forms of nature, and shoot a second head, a spirit-focused nomad longing to engross himself in nature.

Redlines:

-Ologs above 11 feet will develop stonescales in sunlight, inhibiting their movement as well as making blunt wounds more severe, breaking away bits of flesh and bone along with it.With orcish blood, they do not suffer as greatly as their trollish kin.

-Ologs cannot learn magics though understand how shamanism and other basic forms of magic work, and can practice faiths and creeds in their stead.

-Ologs who are are greater than 12 feet will be unable to understand advanced commands, and struggle to string together basic words.

-Ologs can lift a maximum of 1600 pounds.  

-Although they are large and generally lethargic, they are able to charge quickly(25mph), though are limited in the speed of complex motions or actions

Multi-head Redlines

-Multi-headed ologs or trolls require a CA that detail the impetus of their change

-Fatally injuring one of the personalities greatly cripples the body, as half of it is now ‘dead’

-The heads do not offer greater strength, but may enhance general senses slightly

-They may grow only a maximum of three heads, each requiring a CA

Thanks to Ye_Haw for helping me edit and write this!

An OOC Note: 

Ologs lack any sort of roleplay other than smashing and bruting about, as well as being restricted in intelligence and in learning magic. There was no significance to their origins as well as nothing to seek in terms of developing greater RP.  I hoped the addition of growing more heads would offer more character development, when it is severely lacking in ologs/trolls. 

Kudos mate

This is just what the Olog race need, a good update on how they operate. Excellent work.

very epic

double headed ologs ..... maybe i'll play an olog again 

Ologs powergaming their size and intelligence has always been a reoccurring issue I've witnessed, otherwise though, I absolutely love this to bits. Aesthetically and potential-wise this very much pleases me.

I love this lore, and if you deny it, you hate fun. 

Does this require them to have a CA?

Being able to lift 1600 pounds, have multiple heads, various unnatural scales and the like. . . I only skimmed it, so be merciful. It seems like it's a great update for the species, as they should be more defined but as it stands now, it feels as if Ologs are an excuse to powergame.

EDIT: I see a CA is required for extra heads, does this apply to the base creature?

3 minutes ago, Skale said:

Being able to lift 1600 pounds, have multiple heads, various unnatural scales and the like. . . I only skimmed it, so be merciful. It seems like it's a great update for the species, as they should be more defined but as it stands now, it feels as if Ologs are an excuse to powergame.

23 minutes ago, Skale said:

EDIT: I see a CA is required for extra heads, does this apply to the base creature?

don't treat ologs as creatures, they might have a body of stone but their heart is made of paper... never hurt an olog so much ?

22 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

26 minutes ago, Skale said:

No, base ologs will not require CAs. The reason I implemented CAs for multi-olog/troll headedness was to ensure player care about the character development, as well as to prevent a sprouting of multi-headed ologs, and not making them unique. 

3 hours ago, DivineJustice said:

No, base ologs will not require CAs. The reason I implemented CAs for multi-olog/troll headedness was to ensure player care about the character development, as well as to prevent a sprouting of multi-headed ologs, and not making them unique. 

Help me understand why a creature with various other worldy strengths with the only weakness of "dumb" doesn't require a CA. You know the lore better than I do, however I've seen years of these creatures misused to the point where I believe they NEED to be lore moderated. Even creatures with more defined lore struggle with it, so I do not believe a lack of concrete lore is the issue.

EDIT: And if I understand correctly, growing an extra head makes it easier to fight off something that should stonewall an Olog, that being a Mental Mage. I don't foresee people roleplaying the weakness of: 
"We're two personalities who disagree."

Because the instinct of survival, even among dumb creatures, is much higher.

2 minutes ago, Skale said:

Help me understand why a creature with various other worldy strengths with the only weakness of "dumb" doesn't require a CA. You know the lore better than I do, however I've seen years of these creatures misused to the point where I believe they NEED to be lore moderated. 

Ologs and trolls both suffer from weaknesses to daylight as mentioned. I agree that people have misused ologs in the past, either making them 15ft tall or indestructible, though I believe its due to a lack of clear lore and character development. In older renditions of their lore, they lacked a max strength which led to excessive powergaming. Moreover, ologs/trolls were not given  opportunities to roleplay outside of, " Mi zmash, latz flat". Nexus also made them extremely easy to abuse, and without any real roleplay opportunity due to their stupidity, they were left as memeish pvp alts. Even during this however, there were a host of olog players who sought to perform good roleplay despite being hindered by lore.

I think now, with nexus removed, and clearer guidelines, people will not only be punished harder for the issues mentioned above, but strive for better roleplay with this addition.