Olog/Troll Amendment

Panashea

3 hours ago, DivineJustice said:

Ologs and trolls both suffer from weaknesses to daylight as mentioned. I agree that people have misused ologs in the past, either making them 15ft tall or indestructible, though I believe its due to a lack of clear lore and character development. In older renditions of their lore, they lacked a max strength which led to excessive powergaming. Moreover, ologs/trolls were not given  opportunities to roleplay outside of, " Mi zmash, latz flat". Nexus also made them extremely easy to abuse, and without any real roleplay opportunity due to their stupidity, they were left as memeish pvp alts. Even during this however, there were a host of olog players who sought to perform good roleplay despite being hindered by lore.

I think now, with nexus removed, and clearer guidelines, people will not only be punished harder for the issues mentioned above, but strive for better roleplay with this addition. 

The Olog you are currently clarifying is a creature far beyond the other races in terms of potential. Yes they have to be stupid, yes they can't learn magic, and sure they don't like the sun. However, we are talking about a species that can lift up to 1,600 pounds. That is insane. They can grow up to 13 ft tall. Sure they are more bestial the larger they are, but that isn't necessarily a weakness. And it ties in with my other point. Beasts, no matter how stupid, have an instinct to survive. They will do anything to survive, it's hotwired into their being. You can play around their stupidity just by playing as if you were an animal. Their height, as mentioned before, is ridiculous. Tree Lords, Atronachs, and Golems can't even be that large and all of them require a CA. On top of that, they are inherently weaker physically, one of which is an end game to a magic might I add, and all of them have a host of weaknesses beside them.

The base creature should require a CA in order to be played. Giving people a hulking mass of muscle with easy to ignore weaknesses and a host of strengths easy to powergame is bad. As it stands, we aren't seeing a lot of blacklists or reports. So hoping the average player decides to report these people when most people don't even want the trouble due to DDOsing and other shitty things that happen seems like a bad standard to set.

1 minute ago, Skale said:

-the good stuff u said-

It's more than they don't like the sun. As i mentioned before, ologs will fracture and chip away when struck at in the sun as if they were turning to stone like trolls.  Tree Lords are end-game druidism, a magic, while Atronach's and Golems are made from steel and stone, much more durable, one of which can cast magic, and neither of them are susceptible to fatigue or magics that affect the flesh.   Normal Uruks are close to the same size and strength, have less weaknesses and don't require a CA. I'm unsure of why the base version of one of their subspecies would.  People may complain that ologs are difficult to deal with in combat, but that's sort of the point. 

Blacklists and Player reports will come if players actually screenshot and report the bad roleplay. Its a simple as that. 

42 minutes ago, Jaeden said:

Gotta agree with Skale on this one.

I could only support this if ologs as an entirety were made restricted by a Creature Application. The base stats for the race are just too powerful compared to other descendant races - regardless of the weaknesses listed there.

Otherwise, it's pretty well written, and I can see that effort and time went into this. But I'm not interested in seeing this sort of buff to an already powerful race that (unfortunately) isn't currently bound by a CA.

These are nerfs to ologs. Ologs used to be larger, heavier and stronger as well as being immune to the sun.

If that is the case, I believe it is fair to say they've always needed CAs then.

I love it. +1

Just now, Skale said:

If that is the case, I believe it is fair to say they've always needed CAs then.

Also Ologs don’t need a CA. As small of a weakness as it may seem, stupidity for Ologs is actually quite large. Ologs, written in the guide by Grubgoth_Wud and another fella, could believe to put swords in their gut depending on how old they are. Meaning they could literally be tricked into killing themselves. 

+1, looks like a solid fix to an important issue within the orcish playerbase

23 minutes ago, DivineJustice said:

These are nerfs to ologs. Ologs used to be larger, heavier and stronger as well as being immune to the sun.

I'm still all for most of the changes, but there are instances where ologs were smaller too.

Though it's sectioned into outdated lore, I still think it should hold some relevance. But at the end of the day, stuff like height, weight, levels of intelligence are all for the LT to decide what's most fair.

2 minutes ago, ThatGuy_777 said:

I'm still all for most of the changes, but there are instances where ologs were smaller too.

Though it's sectioned into outdated lore, I still think it should hold some relevance. But at the end of the day, stuff like height, weight, levels of intelligence are all for the LT to decide what's most fair.

That section of lore was back when the idea of warhammer orcs were beginning to fade from the desires of most orcs, as many pursued the spirits or sought to be taken more seriously. Whoever had agreed upon that and wanted to shrink down orcs and make them slouch wanted to solidify their warhammer basis, when a majority of the community disapproved of it, and was added in without any consultation. It was ignored for good reason, as it didn't make sense to just give orcs slouches.

tbh as an old olog player i am NOT opposed to ologs being a CA race at its base simply because of their inherent strengths and the apparent difficulty at which their hinderances are rp'd

people just hate fighting big boys what can i say 

+1

12 minutes ago, Jaeden said:

I hope you're right in that this is a nerf. But I still firmly believe this race needs a CA tag next to it.

A CA doesn't do anything when anyone can apply for one. Ologs have no special requirements to make them, and so posting the SHORTEST application on the server won't do anything. Staff, or players just need to be more of aware of meme RP and punish those who act poorly accordingly.

12 hours ago, DivineJustice said:

As this is going on, the olog’s skull risks rupturing. Its transformation is slow and tedious, taking a months(irl week) as it battles and wrests with this tumor of information, details and facts, people and faces, all of which coalesces into a new entity: A second head.

This is the only thing I have an issue with.

3 hours ago, DivineJustice said:

A CA doesn't do anything when anyone can apply for one. Ologs have no special requirements to make them, and so posting the SHORTEST application on the server won't do anything. Staff, or players just need to be more of aware of meme RP and punish those who act poorly accordingly.

You can take away a CA without a ban. This keeps players on the server, offering a type of punishment they will feel the effects of without being forced away for a period of time. Which I feel is beneficial.