Olog/Troll Amendment

Panashea

Imo, this is exactly what Ologs need. I have always been put off from playing them due to the lack of potential character development. I think this is great and provides a fun and cool variety to Ologs. This has.to get accepted, preferably without a CA as anyone can amke it easilly. The fact that a CA is made and accepted doesnt hinder pg, so having a CA is kind of pointless in my opinnion. I still think this is great, +1.

-My inner Norwegian really likes the troll part of this-

Edit: CA for heads is fine.

Edited by Tidemanno

Love the addition! +1

Edited by R3D7uP

@DivineJustice

Two headed ologs should posses more intelligence then normal ologs and in fact be smarter then most orcs. This would be due to the fact that one of the heads controls bodily functions while the other is merely gathering information. If you pay attention to ogre physiology in WoW Cho'Gall was actually two ogres fused together at birth with Cho controlling the body and Gall controlling their magical capabilities. Gall was smarter then Cho while Cho was stronger then Gall, even though it doesn't seem like this that's only because Gall's mind deteriorated when the void/old gods began to consume it, even Cho showed signs of deterioration near the end.

That being said, two headed Ologs should be more then capable of learning magic but should require two personas to be played simultaneously with both sometimes bickering to each other and fighting for control (meaning they take two persona slots to play). If either head dies, both Ologs die, in addition their magical capabilities are unstable so while their magic would be much much stronger then others due to the amount of mana their bodies can store the spell-work would be primitive and inaccurate, it would be something the second head would throw at someone while the main body rushes towards them to kill them. The main use of two headed Ologs would be to combat sorcery. In other words, they'd be limited to tier 2-3 of a magic and couldn't learn things like Necromancy. The advantage they'd have is that they could attack physically while casting magics at the same time with that magic packing a larger punch then normal magic. 

It's not exactly hard or difficult to make a CA, and clearly ologs are the type of creature that would need one. We could take the argument of just screen shot bad rp and apply it to any of the current CA creatures, but at the end of the day it's important that they are moderated. A race notorious for being power gamed in the past should probably need a CA, what harm would come of it? In my eyes it would only do good for the race as a whole, as bad roleplayers won't even get through the CA process to even have a chance at PG'ing. Ologs are formidable foes- Who are extremely hard to reason with due to their stupidity which is both a strength and a weakness. I don't usually play beast like characters or larger brutes, but I commend people who do because it's not always easy to do it well.

Well, y'all going 'round complaining about the absurd strength they can express BUT the post specifically states that for an Olog to lift 1600lbs they'd need to be at their MAX. For this they'd need to be trained and militaristic instead of just greedy and endlessly hungry, each if roleplayed correctly, is quite hard of a change for the character to pursue due to how inherently their minds are simply more akin to these concepts, as much if not more in relation to klomping/fighting - after all, they'd be more beast-like, and beasts/animals generally just fight for survival (especially food). 

Now furthermore they'd have to have the top height for their race, each would imply a lot of quite severe downsides, such as just a shriveled mind. AAAAAAND for them to reach this top strength of 1600lbs I'd at least suppose they'd need to be in their state of Bloodlust.

Edited by Yen

Spoiler

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take.

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Edit: It seems I misclicked and sent this to a different place than originally intended. Apologies for the confusion.

This lore has been denied. It provides an unnecessary increase to an Olog’s size (max 10 feet being changed to max 13 feet) with downsides that are not enough to balance it out. Trolls are also shelved and do not need re-introducing, but overall the concept of the heads was liked by the team. If you resubmit, make sure to balance out the creature’s physique or keep it as it is the way now and you should be fine.