RP combat guide.

nepir

How to RP combat

Welcome to my guide to rp combat, I shall be taking basic weaponry for this guide and will also like to point out that this is a guide, no more no less. there are some rules I will stick to that I myself find proper when in combat. and these will be explained.

amIU5s_zwgxz0pUM9i3_-zo55yaDqpRWiQ2kFYig75BBCBgWKc92LYK_SwwrYmV6IXOES-h9xC41cDlWfhDMyE0t0k90ifUnpBsJLw58D6XTDhigbIRn_Vo54hzeRBea7ZgFdHAN

Weapons

There are loads of weapons, some long some short each with their own type of style to them. we shall be seeing in this guide.

Swords

9vwt80DqMCcEgjYqiuvAJ9QZTIevNCljOc85ZiyqHOCjn0AHNDH_sMMeQ-rtGSqKs80xsgrQArbxFo9xLBC-qbYdRaojCfA807owCvupckXcu76nNHM2RR0WwC7cZhOrIVhaycpb

Daggers

AukrCtGMdtTUrohftSsqeIrHPU5qF-mjHGnHCXAuMBb6J5H-YONPXr3XHdjs0kRohzIfJnsElRQKA5l_n13ZUe4XeUBFFhKO6CaVeUzFl_Rh11FnYuVxV2rfBMjqj7T-_9XFcrk0

bows

dxAagF9LOIqDa3Cc6lE5QOdfCtrltUFVUCwSHx1-S0YxA7oY6fKn59zDKMHMeX4TcZ4Jgs9lS9_rZrVTNW3vlw_PY93hI5HcDCYBeJT2x0djJZQVCFqpRYWNniy-GmAjAJdBTWur

Now, most people will wonder why daggers those are not very good weapons. Yet they are capable of beating a swordsman in the correct situation.

Rules

3 strike rule:

This is a rule that requires to the fact after 2 strikes the 3 strike will hit if the last 2 did not get any contact. Do not confuse this with a killing blow.

Example.

Swordsman/swordsman

‘Swordsman 1: He brings his blade down upon the man, stepping forward putting all his force behind it.’

‘Swordsman 2: Steps back getting in his stance, flipping the blade around, bringing it on the same height as his eyes.’

‘Swordsman 1: The blade strikes the stones on the ground creating sparks, as he brings it up again, He aims to cut the man's chest with the upwards motion’.

‘Swordsman 2: Steps back ones again, standing up straight bringing the blade before him, as he holds his left leg forward he watches the men's movement carefully.’

‘Swordsman 1: Roars his battle cry as he goes to ones again swing overhead down upon the man, stepping in closer letting the blade fall upon the man's head.’

‘Swordsman 2: As he steps back the blade clashes with his helmet, cutting over his right eye, as he feels for his face, for a moment he looks to the swordsman in anger’.

As you can tell I counted to 3, yet it still looks like “Swordsman 2” is powergaming, as he just didn't get hit. these small hits on clothes and such, blocking swings with blades. Those all count as contact, yet you must remember the 3 strike rule if you block 2 times let the 3 break through it does not have to be a deadly blow but get injured this applies to both parties.

3 block rule

Movement, This 3 block rule is counting as how many blocks you can move in one emote, below you will find some parts of this rule that will explain why I believe this is a must.

3 blocks, this is the movement you have if you are in a combat stance so capable of blocking.

if a person runs or is charging this will become 4/6 blocks. but the cant block a strike coming for them. this, however, does point to tackles and such as you can still do such if you rush someone.

2 block step back instance, as you are in a combat stance you can't just run backwards turn around and be ready again. you can only step back 2 steps if you hold your eyes on your enemy.  (Apply for archers heavily)

Running from the fight. 4/6 blocks also apply, you can't dodge what comes from behind you cant tell what happens behind you if you do run 6 blocks, if you take 4 you may look over your shoulder to see what is going on.

Ghosting

I named it this for the soul reason of the emote seems to be unfinished. For example.

‘Swordsman 1: strikes at the man bringing his blade down from above his head’.

‘Swordsman 2: falls to his knee bringing his blade up using the flat side of his blade to catch the blade, stopping the blow.’

‘Swordsman 1: Stabs at his enemy aiming to stab him through his skull.’

As you can see in this small example the blade poofed from being caught by the  ‘swordsman 2’ to a stabbing motion right away. This is what is so horribly painful for most who do rp combat with newer players. As it is something they see in there mind but forget the other person does not see it how they do. This applies to all rp.

What has to be in the emote?

Here I will give some basic points you want to focus on.

Stance, how and where are your hands and feet?

Swing, What are you looking to hit, what side do you strike from.

Ones the fight has started, put both the reaction and reaction of your character in. for example.

‘swordsman 1: as the blade strikes his left shoulder, he uses all his strength to bring the blade tip up and into the man's chest.’

This will make the flow go quicker if you have no room to put your full emote in use the - at the end and - at the start as a way of saying it's all one part.

Archers

d7yEU08e-woGAaYIuRNLuJt4Cde_zUluPvVLS6M0Gj4hr6BWIdjYZRedFqRiblYbbHJ2DWwf9XQ371nhL2IRQsTgZ7B8DaeVOufWulncbdY-yUZXiWBuJZex-3J7bkHKrK5vuG0q

This a rather normal rule 3 emotes to fire an arrow. this is the taking of the arrow the placing it and drawing the bow, and finally, aim release.

Explanation

Archer: takes a good look at the tree, a small parchment with a head drawn on it. he takes an arrow from his quiver, placing it up on the bow.

Archer: He draws back his arrow, watching the target, slowly breathing as he steadily breathes. he takes aim.

Archer: as he breathes out the arrow leaves his bow, flying at the target, it strikes the target dead on, a smile creeping on to his face.

Archers bring their own things to the fight. and don't be afraid to only use a bow and arrow, maybe carry a dagger. but remember even if an arrow is supposed to be shot from a bow, it still works if you stab someone if they get to close.

Melee

a_oKEjZdHeqYZFiZaVv-Mc4NRnIXdcitJPVOu3VwAlb4mq0KqOkxSKfANiiL6-FsSS9WtdWOuTxnviM7tKAljyTfIPnV63hgr-HybJRkI_phBJ8yuaqrlixdYldhOtAdRc258T-a

Now for the part, we all come here, fighting up close. The bulk of rp combat. Many weapons are there but let's take some lines that will work on most weapons to see what and how it will damage your enemy.

Sharp edge, it will cut flesh but fail against armor. thinks like a sharp dagger or dagger.

Edge, it is thin but not particularly sharp its cutting skill comes from the kinetic force, things like swords or axes.

Blunt. just hit it as hard as you can, horrible for cutting.

Pointy, as it says point it at the person you want dead, and stick it in them, good on soft things horrible on hard and round things as it will just slide off.

Now let's see to the weapons and what applies on them these are just a show and most people will roll their eyes at it but I have had people claim armor does not weigh them down in water while swimming.

Swords, pointy, edge.

Dagger, pointy, sharp edge.

arrows, Special in this as you can make all sorts of them. State the type after hit or miss.

axe. blunt, edge.

Now as you can see only one weapon gets the sharp edge, the dagger. now I will explain why swords are sharp but not razor sharp as this is very thin and striking a hard service say another blade or armor will bend it making the blade useless.

Edited by nepir