Starfelt

How to make a good Antag/Villain/Killer

I'm thinking about making a villain/antag type character, but want some tips on how the community thinks a good one should be done.

PK on death. No matter what the death is, aside from maybe **** PvP baiting.

3 minutes ago, Skale said:

PK on death. No matter what the death is, aside from maybe **** PvP baiting.

PKing on death just makes the character a throw-away character since you know they'll be in combat situations, and you certainly can't win em all.. would it not?

3 hours ago, Starfelt said:

PKing on death just makes the character a throw-away character since you know they'll be in combat situations, and you certainly can't win em all.. would it not?

A good villain will ensure they are likely to win every scenario. And if not, what value does a villain hold if defeating them means nothing?

1 minute ago, Starfelt said:

untrue.

i played my hulphonite crime lord falk for like 3-4 months before actually dying (state execution) and so i pk'd ... before being raised as undead : DD . ik many others who have managed the same. chon, for example, lasted for about 5 months on lurcano till he got killed by i forget who dominion methinks. its just abt playing ur cards right 

Just now, GrimReaper98 said:

Just don't do it

Well.. ****. Why not?

good motivation. a villain that's just evil for the sake of being evil isn't interesting. 

46 minutes ago, Starfelt said:

Well.. ****. Why not?

You're not the best roleplayer and definitely not one suited for conflict, proper villains and murderers require motivations beyond just switching into a character to 'go kill someone' as you do. Villains aren't flavor of the month, people never realise that

16 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

You're not the best roleplayer and definitely not one suited for conflict, proper villains and murderers require motivations beyond just switching into a character to 'go kill someone' as you do. Villains aren't flavor of the month, people never realise that

I suppose you're right. I shouldn't make a character to be a villain, and instead let a character develop that way.

1 hour ago, GrimReaper98 said:

u r my role model

Idk, I basically tried to make my character very weak so I can brainstorm unique ways to make him stronger and that went well, I actually regret not pking on first death(after about 4 months) because after that the quality of the character went down hill. He was a bryophite named Jhazeem that I pked some time ago, very fun to play even when losing. Though he didn't start as a villian, he was corrupted.

Killing is also NOT the only thing required to make someone a villian, infact it is the last thing that should be considered at times.

im p new so take my words with a grain of salt but the worst mistake villainy rp is thinking of your character as the /antagonist/. instead, get into the mindset of justifying your actions through your characters ideals. more often than not people dont think of themselves as the villain when doing bad things. they may realize of course what they are doing is immoral but they are able to justify it somehow.