Sign in to follow this  
Raphael Payne

Howls of Winter

2nKpyqE.png

As the Northern lands fall to their suscepible means of conventional war, a war of culture and history lay restless in the south, a loss of countless wars and genocides beyond counting. The Snow Elven folk have been marauders since the days they’ve stepped foot in these lands, and even more so have they been a target by other empires for their own devices. No longer. Atleast, of course, not without a fight.

The Clansman of Lothryne begins a small foothold in the East of Fenn- exactly five miles, setting up entrenchments for fights against the hegemonious wolves of war, at the head is a man of passion, stoic regard for his countrymen, that which remains as opposed to hiding behind walls, is a frozen, frigid wilderness. An icey throne is mounted. All are welcome to be at this hearth, though few know it’s intent.

Cold winds are gailing, and as time passes, arms and soldiers; the folk of the snow; sergeant and gentrymen rest against the railing as one man, clad in furs and darkened armor, something resembling Orenian in origin, golden emblazements rests upon it’s chestpiece and struck out in red and black; raising their voice.

How am I to be loyal, my brothers, when my own kin in the west fails to speak to his vassals? The world is on the verge of being destroyed and he’s pomping about in th’ Imperial Capital; here we are fighting a greater war; the war that matters!..”

He paused, resting his gauntlets to the air; frigid winds lapping against his bear face, striking it and whipping it akin to that of a slap, leaving his cheeks red, perhaps it was passion.

“..Our people died generation after generation, to the failure of this military, this failure of a regime and command. We are meant to be men of war, not lambs for the slaughter!"

The Arbiter retrieved his longsword, raising it into the air- calling to what could only be the Heavens.

“It is time we ceased blaming th’ outer folk for this demise, it is time to turn our gaze to those who have led us in the past. To those who failed to understand our kin in the North. For th’ Snowfolk, for our brothers un’ sisters who fought before us and laid their lives for us, paved a way in sacrifice that we may live.”

“Lest we sully our swords!”

(also you can feel free to meme here too I don't mind, any feedback is feedback idc)

Edited by Raphael Payne

A gust of wind blows into Hanasun's skirt, Marilyn Monroe style. "The south calls, I think." quack

"An unrecognized bloodline calling the Princedom an empire, speaking of Fennic vassals when we have no vassal system, abandoning the ancient God of our people, and pointing a finger at us for military defeats despite the fact that we continue to rest upon the laurels of victory from the Coalition War. Perhaps I should return from my pilgrimage sooner than I thought," decides Aelthir Tundrak II.

"I must say, I have never heard of this group before. I also don't remember our home being an empire or having vassals.... Ever. Has anyone, ever, given this guy a history book? Or told him about his race? Oh well" Rhys sighs from inside the walls of Fenn, screeching internally

As Ailduin receives word of these 'so-called' Snow Elfs, he thinks out loud to himself in his office, "My bloodline is one of the orignal Bloodlines of the Princedom and I have never heard of these barbarians that call themselves 'The Clansman of Lothryne'. If they truely are of Snow Elven decent, then where have they been for all these years. Ever since the Isles of Axios the Fennic people have been together, side by side fighting for our freedom. Where have these 'so-called' snow elves been....." His voice trailing off whilst collecting the reports from his Annil'sairs within the Bilok'thuln