[✓] Domesticated Magic

Mr. Etan

28 minutes ago, LeoRabbit99 said:

I feel like the enscribe letter spell is a little ridiculous. I understand your just trying to add some athstetics and sense to pulling a bird out of your ass, but honestly that just shouldn't be allowed. You shouldn't be able to call players across the map just because you're in a tight situation, or whatever reason have you. Other than that, +1

It follows the same bird rules as the server. So if a bird can do that I don't see why a paper bird cant? If that's a problem then a suggestion for altering the servers rules on birds should be set up.

2 hours ago, Tox said:

Enspell Letter: A minor enchanting spell that imbues a parchment/letter to take the shape of a bird or perhaps a paper airplane or any sort of aviation shape at the will of the caster and fly off to its designated point of delivery. It takes the same amount of time to transform into this state as it does to call a bird and give it the letter to fly off with so it's not overly practical except for those who do not have birds. (Follows all current rules on sending birds on the server as this is just a flavourful way to send birds. A lot better than pulling a pigeon from your pocket etc.)

@LeoRabbit99 I added a better clarification 

I like it

Think a resubmission is necessary, is household magic going to be set to just the spell list? Or still allow (minor) freeform use. Like summoning a quill to write with using minor void translocation or an illusion spell to increase the volume of ones voice. If this would still be allowed under household, I feel like it should be clearly stated. If not allowed, this point is moot.

5 minutes ago, Booklight12 said:

Think a resubmission is necessary, is household magic going to be set to just the spell list? Or still allow (minor) freeform use. Like summoning a quill to write with using minor void translocation or an illusion spell to increase the volume of ones voice. If this would still be allowed under household, I feel like it should be clearly stated. If not allowed, this point is moot.

Thats a good point to bring up, where I do think it be interesting to have a free-form use, I do believe it should be kept in a spell list form to ensure that there is no overstepping the thin line between domesticated magic and real magic. This i why I stated in the red lines that submissions can be ran through the LT and added to the list if they approve etc. It should be more so their judgment on what is allowed and what isnt.

21 minutes ago, Tox said:

Thats a good point to bring up, where I do think it be interesting to have a free-form use, I do believe it should be kept in a spell list form to ensure that there is no overstepping the thin line between domesticated magic and real magic. This i why I stated in the red lines that submissions can be ran through the LT and added to the list if they approve etc. It should be more so their judgment on what is allowed and what isnt.

I agree, what I was thinking was to introduce a post kind of like the old creature idea post that people could submit ideas for household spells that could be approved or denied and added onto the main post as necessary.. However, I feel like there should be some minor amount of freeform nature to this. Having an application or having to vet all your ideas with the lt every time you want to do something that is not on the spell list could be a cumbersome system. The way I view it is that household magic is like tier .5 of every void magic. If you have an accepted ma you should be trusted enough not to abuse this. That's how it was under the... Old old old.. Old MA system as supremacy described it to me.

2 minutes ago, Booklight12 said:

I agree, what I was thinking was to introduce a post kind of like the old creature idea post that people could submit ideas for household spells that could be approved or denied and added onto the main post as necessary.. However, I feel like there should be some minor amount of freeform nature to this. Having an application or having to vet all your ideas with the lt every time you want to do something that is not on the spell list could be a cumbersome system. The way I view it is that household magic is like tier .5 of every void magic. If you have an accepted ma you should be trusted enough not to abuse this. That's how it was under the... Old old old.. Old MA system as supremacy described it to me.

Perhaps that could be raised up with the LT once this new system is accepted.. it's really all about what they will allow at this point!

Is this just like. . . the sequel to household magic or some ****?

First, I like this. I've never heard about it, but I'm glad there's a magic that literally cant be used for combat in any way. I LOVE THAT. It's what we need.

Second, I hear that self teaching currently cant be done with other magics such as fire evocation or conjuration, but since this magic doesn't require a MA, do we still need to find a teacher in RP or can we pick up the magic ourselves and learn it alone?

Edit: Also, will this affect a mage's strength and make them weaker?

2 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

First, I like this. I've never heard about it, but I'm glad there's a magic that literally cant be used for combat in any way. I LOVE THAT. It's what we need.

Second, I hear that self teaching currently cant be done with other magics such as fire evocation or conjuration, but since this magic doesn't require a MA, do we still need to find a teacher in RP or can we pick up the magic ourselves and learn it alone?

Household magic was never bound to a TA, more so to a player's conscience. That is to say, there are no combat / event applications of household magic which sorta reasons there doesn't have to be much enforcement over it either, other than the enforcement of the above rule. My own char never learned it, then she was told by another mage and has been using these since. Think anyone with a voidal TA can just, teach it in a single lesson.

On the re-write itself, +1 for condensing the old one into an updated & more concise form. Good job.

Too much beef about it lol, it's just forwarding what we already had, clarifying and adding some new cool things for mages

The server is plagued by birds that apparently can just appear from a basic whistle even though you could be in the middle of no-where, this is simply a cooler and more aesthetic way of doing it if you're a mage

Saying "Oh it's going to be used for combat" is pointless, the magic is already present, I doubt I'm going to kill someone by placing the same lighter that you use to light a cigar on them, sure if the combat is 'oh you're burnt' then yeah, it can be used for combat BECAUSE YOU JUST BURNT SOMEONE LIKE THEY PUT THEIR HAND IN A LIGHTER, that being said WE CAN ALREADY DO THAT, so it's pointless to moan about

Please, just realise it's adding cool new things and bringing a newer and clearer household magic for us adding a few new things and clarifying the old 

19 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

Household magic has always been open to learning in any way shape or form. It's encouraged to learn from someone to understand the basics of how to emote it but I care not if someone wishes to self-teach themselves household magic so long they follow the very simple rules of its application such as no combat use etc.

Also, no, it will not affect the strength of the mage!

1 hour ago, Morganosaurus Rex said:

Smh Morgan no using it in combat you dummy.

Who would win

Giant evil spook or one lit finger boi

I find magics solely focused around combat evocations

This **** is cool, I can light my own cigars with it 'n' **** or light others 

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take.

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.