I'm Building a Team

Treshure

You guys are doing just enough to maintain what was accomplished 6-7 years ago at this point. The server isn't dying, but if you were to look at a graph of server player count since 2012 it would literally be a flat line. That's the main issue in my eyes, there's no real attempt at growing. The past few years on LoTC has just been a micromanaging fest. It's not hard to do things like advertise on your youtube account which has a decent following, it's not hard to promote the things that cause the server to break 200+ players for a single event (Wars). You guys practically shun wars, and you don't use your Youtube channel for anything useful whatsoever.

It's clear that the past few renditions of the Media team have totally failed, so just take matters into your own hands. Make small videos showcasing the increasing amount of well made plugins on the server, make videos of events that literally happen every day, make videos of war claims with BACK STORY to show people that it's actually a dynamic server (even though that's debatable). Hire someone on Fiverr or something with the donation money to get a nice trailer narration voice. DISPLAY these videos on the front page of lordofthecraft.net. The videos, as useless as they are, still get a good amount of views. They would get even more views if you showcased more than just builds.

Taken from 501's FAQ thread, which serves as the main motivation for this post. I have a natural interest in creating and filming videos, and paired with some inspiration around creating content for the server, I want to make a little team of people. There will be no bureaucracy, no applications, no hoops to jump through or politics to maintain them. There isn't much of a point waiting around for others to do the change you want to see. So here it is.

I'm only looking for some motivated people who want to make high quality content with me. The entire time spent in this group will work towards new content made for the server and hopefully as advertisement. One person, two people, three people, I'll work with what we got.  If that fits your bill, drop a comment below or add me on Discord (Treshure#1981).

What we'll create:

- City Showcases

- Plugin Showcases

- War/Server History (Crayfishchris did an excellent mini-series back in the day)

- Lore/Creature Videos

- Video Guides

What you'll do:

- Help Film/Edit

- Write scripts for videos

- Voice acting

- Research lore

- Build? (if need be?)

Edited by Treshure

i can write whatever, just hmu 

This is how to go about productive change on the server, respect for taking matters into your own hands.

Been pushing for a return to lotc video cinematics for a while now. Those cinematic battles and city showcases helped raise exposure to the server

i can occasionally draw for u if u want 

You need a script writer and someone to help generate ideas? I'm happy to help out! [Hit me up at Farryn#1306]

if you wanna do some event related **** for it hmu

helo gais ?

I have a 1080p recording software with an incredible gaming system for some high quality video recording.

I'll PM you after I finish these wings and ribs. +1