From Darkness Into Light (Prologue Ending)

TheDragonsRoost

Karren Mrysta, a pure High Elf of Haelun'or, walks along the docks of the Dominion and starts to speak to himself as he looks out to a beautiful sunset. No soft ticking was produced or any noise as he seemed to have lost his pocket watch some time ago. This was one of the rarest moments that made Karren shed the culture of the High Elves and even his own self to be someone he truly felt without restrictions. The mental Chain of Light started to become the Chain of Shadow as it rebound his anger, his fury, and his wrath into a darkened aura once more, keeping it locked away and far from any mental mages that would attempt to break it. As he gazed out to the sunset, he felt his emotions wash away as if he was purifying himself by bathing in the last lights of the sunset.

"It is hard for many things to believe that they can do good," He'd say softly, smiling a small bit. "Even if they themselves were only meant to do evil. It is in their nature, I suppose, but I do owe a great thanks to Ravena and her little trick. Even if given enough time, I'd have a beautiful moment to myself and with its last light, I'd wash away my stress and my grief."

He would then take in the warmth of the sunset, which to him, felt all the more refreshing for him mentally. It felt far more relaxing than bathing in the river or even meditating to the sounds of nature to imagine a perfect balance and attempt to understand time. It was this that sent Karren a happy smile as he finally felt like his mind was his own once more.

"I cast you away, Kayen. You helped me so long ago that I believe it is time for me to grow up. To let nature take its course with me. I hope the afterlife is as kind to you as I was all this time," He'd say as he let go of his alternate personality, letting his mind fully reforge into his natural state as if it had no other personality inside of it. This had made Karren happy once more and he said softly to the dying embers of the sunset with one last thing before he walked off back into the main square.

"Thank you Ravena. I forgive you."