[✗] Lore Suggestion (Sanguinari)

Auriel_

OOC Preface: Yes, these are a type of vampires, Yes I'm aware Strigae exist.

This was my attempt at writing something different idk bro.

[Music]

Sanguinari

‘Masters of Seduction and Subterfuge’

“Pray they do not see you in the Night.”

Vampire by WarNick

[credit to WarNick on deviantart btw]

qEKZ14gAUElG-xEftDs50FUkF857ISHahy-_t1GZ3AZcZisnaqVJqZGFDx3d4kq2Dz0J6MP2u-qA4PfIrx2SYjgq5TbNmYo-oC6JTB_HK9-Ndm7mGFAIskuBwvdIGKee81iArg8R

In the beginning, there were the accursed, an unstable folk if anything and a damnable presence to the common folk in the end; accursed and without beauty, they soon met their end. Most notably however was what came after. The centuries following the end of this disdained, afflicted folk was by far one of the most horrifying affliction an individual has ever suffered, second only to the Earliest Plagues, it’s kill count beyond numbers; beyond legions.

In the waking ages of the New Lands, it is unknown whether it were cosmic unrest, or the Divines angered once more at certain mortals, for certain, something was responsible for inflicting upon them a horrible disease that merged Man and Monster alike, within the days of the Daemon, certain feral men and women were noted throughout the lands, boasting obvious violent tendencies as well as immense power. Where it originated in this planet is vaguely unknown, most scribes attribute it to the Netherrealm.

At first, it wasn’t so bad. Towns would have a couple livestock taken from them, people often thought it were gryphons, which wouldn’t be too bad, local bands of heroes would constantly go out and drive those out if need be, sometimes they’d bring back a good hunt- except some nights their numbers dwindled, each of the members of some of these bands were scared out of their minds, priests would swear them away; shoving holy oils to their breasts and casting them from the chapels they visited.

“Just a bad dream, lad. You’ll get over it.”

One night, this band of heroes, what once was nine, was now a trio, brandishing their weapons, oiling them akin to that of demonslayers, they sought to end what was their nightmares; detailed as a hunched back creature of unmentionable horror, elongated teeth, bloodied red and claws larger than ones hands; with eyes perhaps more engrossing than the most lovely of ladies in the entire realms. Those who came that night, valiant or not, beat their swords uselessly against this beast, being slaughtered.

OhGkWlXEfIWkO3nd7q49pKsJvrQUXJSKJI92WIlAHRfmhqqb2RXu3SXN3EH-H1oGO3hHdauUCUvW9elrkV-fk4PE7lgwf1ht-D5ZmxK5SUrXO9s7QyzUbrhpMYUScC-oyXL9DQb-

The Sanguine;

When a man goes home to their loving wife, they see what they beheld on their wedding night, the same beauty they rested their eyes on to begin with. For a Nightstalker in their natural, nocturnal habitat, it’s by possibly the most horrifying sight and the last many ever take. But in the daytime, those afflicted whether or not people know, find that these infected folks are immensely beautiful, curves being accentuated, perhaps more alluring than before, masculine features are chisled, more appealing; height does not change, and for the most part basic appearance remains the same.

In the night, however, when sunset hits, and one’s carnal rage infuriates on a grand scale, so too does the disturbance of the bloodsucker,- the host is sometimes barely able to be contained, and in some circumstances, it will burst out in unseeing manners, ferocious and disgusting. It varies in person to person in just how contained one is; akin to a cornered rat- these beasts fight til the death or until they can rightfully feed, which is interesting, as they can only be sated by mortal blood and flesh, and even then.. That ferocity cannot always be stopped, lest the night falls to day yet again.

OhGkWlXEfIWkO3nd7q49pKsJvrQUXJSKJI92WIlAHRfmhqqb2RXu3SXN3EH-H1oGO3hHdauUCUvW9elrkV-fk4PE7lgwf1ht-D5ZmxK5SUrXO9s7QyzUbrhpMYUScC-oyXL9DQb-

[OOC Factors]

With all loreposting aside, this is likely the more fact part of the Sanguinari Lore- they’re creatures brought upon by a somewhat unknown force in the Old World during corruption, and have been masked for a very long time through being passed off as feral beasts or demons by folklore in character. It is only contractable to all races, save for those of the Orcish and Goblin Race; such would be inhumane.

These nigh-vampiric creatures require a lot of sustenance in the form of flesh and blood, and while not undead are often afflicted by it. But are at double the speed of a human and equally the strength, only being matched by that of the Warborn, Orc,. Their claws seemingly bearing the weight and strength of hefty meteorite knives, the change itself is noted to be horrifying and these creatures cannot bare normal weapons, setting for long poles or something conducive to their height and weight. Nocturnal creatures seem to be at ease around these creatures, and depending on what they are, small or not, are oddly enough compelled to aid them akin to a hive mind.

Though all damnations are not without their gifts, for those who become depraved, their mortality is stunted, weakened, so to speak. While not on par with the gods, these afflicted have sometimes reached eons in terms of age, outweighing those of the Legacy or Time-Linear; granted nigh-immortality of age. Unchangeable, their eyes simply turn a sanguine color or amber color past being infected, and are often an extreme in terms of skin complexion, as stated their curves or features are massively accentuated and are typically well set in terms of their physique. Their skin, while similar to it’s normal counterpart is twice as thick, and effectively leather in a sense. These creatures, if used to it, can bare armor, others choose not to.

Appearance;

More bestial in that they’re akin to a very thick boned werehound save for standing up on hind legs, and without fur; the muscle is heftily contorted be it male or female, and seem to contrast the bodily form of the host itself. Their eyes take on black irises, something of a hint that these things simply do not need sight anymore for their lust for blood is simply too great. Their claws so to speak take on darker pigmentation and resemble long, curved knives, however brittle are not able to parry blades, are commonly used for tearing into farm animals or human flesh.

Male;

Elven - 6’9 to 7’2 [Weight dependant on race.]

Human - 6’5 to 7’ [Weight dependant on character]

Female;

Elven - 5’5 to 7’ [Weight dependant on race.]

Human - 5’ to 6’9’ [Weight dependant on character]

The transformation is not instant, the character feels and knows it’s coming by rather rapid stress incoming or the oncoming of a panic attack, throwing up is common prior to the change but at the very least, a person could run away from their compatriots.

[OOC]

Aside of this being something a person has to apply for, there cannot be more than three per cult following, one must either die or attempt to cure it via death or the afformentioned way of doing it. Not emoting these properly will result in a removal of the character from the list for a time. Cannot be damaged by conventional weaponry, to really any avail. Mere paper cuts as is done from steel, whereas Aurum or Divinely blessed weaponry is of greater suffice.

DC to beat not transforming at sunset is 15.

DC to revert is 17; must role above twice.

DC to fight urges is 20; 15 to keep sanity.

A mixture of many alchemical potions in the forms of nether-like materials implying that it were something from the Netherrealm that incurred this is able to cure the afflicted.

Inspirations;

Vampires in general.

The Witcher.

Some imagination.

if ur gonna reee about the fact that 'muh striga' already exist

I mean go ahead but we have all sorts of types of weird stuff

this is also more or less for me to say I can also write and me wanting lt to not ignore my senseless attempts at their affection

i'm also joking but this is decent idk

Edited by Raphael Payne

As you said strigae already exist, that niche is already fillied. It sounds like you are attempting to make it so that you can have your own personal version.

17 minutes ago, ZachoSnacko said:

As you said strigae already exist, that niche is already fillied. It sounds like you are attempting to make it so that you can have your own personal version.

I had a long debate just now. If you want to know why I feel this would be a better candidate, I'll gladly explain.

Until then however, keep it constructive.

4 minutes ago, Raphael Payne said:

I had a long debate just now. If you want to know why I feel this would be a better candidate, I'll gladly explain.

Until then however, keep it constructive.

This is a constructive comment, there is already lore that fits into the exact same category and fills the exact same niche. As i said it seems like you are attempting to create this for you since getting striage is hard due to their secluded rp. Instead of denying my criticism, defend yourself.

3 minutes ago, ZachoSnacko said:

This is a constructive comment, there is already lore that fits into the exact same category and fills the exact same niche. As i said it seems like you are attempting to create this for you since getting striage is hard due to their secluded rp. Instead of denying my criticism, defend yourself.

That's a harsh accusation. He didn't know Strigae existed until after he wrote this, a conversation's been had on discord. 

4 minutes ago, ZachoSnacko said:

this'll definitely start a flame war on the thread

defend that this is nigh-entirely a witcher rip off

1 minute ago, Raphael Payne said:

this'll definitely start a flame war on the thread

defend that this is nigh-entirely a witcher rip off

Im not saying that its not a rip off, im asking for what reason do you see that the niche that is already filled, needs to be filled more with similar lore that already exists on LOTC and also stating my opinion

Just now, ZachoSnacko said:

Im not saying that its not a rip off, im asking for what reason do you see that the niche that is already filled, needs to be filled more with similar lore that already exists on LOTC and also stating my opinion

Talked with folks, we came to agreement that the original is riddled with many copypastas, blah-blah, so on and so forth. I personally came to the idea to make an entirely different piece that is drastically different in mechanic and could even be posed purely as an event monster or item. 

Beyond this however, I don't believe in plagiarism. Inspiration is one thing, blatant copying is another. There are excerpts in this lore page that are quite literally ctrl+c from Witcher Lore (wikias, the game) aswell as Hemlock Grove. I'll start pulling references if actually need be. Just renaming things isn't original, it's plagiarism.

Fun fact the name striga comes from Slavic folklore. I've read striga lore multiple times , and there are only a few things similar to vampires from the witcher, one of which being their names, also the fact they used pretty pictures of vampires from the witcher.

Blatant paragraphs and lore is not "pretty pictures" and "a couple names", but I can understand that of the fact it does stem from folklore.

In Raphael defense, strigae rp isn't really secluded it's near nonexistent to the high majority of players on lotc. But I'm a believer of not having any form of vampirisn on the server as a whole.

Edited by Booklight12

1 hour ago, Booklight12 said:

In Raphael defense, strigae rp isn't really secluded it's near nonexistent to the high majority of players on lotc. But I'm a believer of not having any form of vampirisn on the server as a whole.

I can respect that- vampires are widely seen as a detriment to RP and I can already see a couple hiccups in their main implementation. However on the contrary, while these are majorly inspired by and for vampires, these things are not exactly even on the level of Bram Stoker or recent Dracula sort of deal, these are just straight monstrous with a barely contained outside view. 

just lol

I could go on a big winded post

But essentially this'll never be accepted in its current state for more than just "vampirism". Unironically copies more from witcher than the actual OG striga lore.

Vampire lore on LotC is no good, I think. Your lore isn't terrible, but I feel adding anything to the server's lore in it's current state is no good. Lore itself isn't cohesive or enjoyable, things are just added so a group of players or a person can get their new shiny item or toy. It all just gets filed away and barely used or overused, there is never a happy medium for the server's overall health, I think. Current Striga lore is an example of underused lore, kept within a small group of people. I'm not saying they need to run around making people Striga, but it be interesting if my only Striga interaction I've ever had wasn't a dude cybering in a cabin in the woods. Would be neat to fight one, RP with one, literally anything other than knowing they exist and have for awhile. Then you have **** like magic which is, for the most part, handed out to anyone who can at least complete a sentence. Never a happy medium, adding more lore for something that already exists, even if it's under performing, doesn't solve the issue. Maybe look to work with the Striga writers to make add ons or get involved with their lore. It's Joel and co., so that probably won't work, but who knows?