The Merry Red Brothers of Nordengrad

Narthok

Smuo6kMXDZvoXVxiJdgG-RWy-gxnZr-ZNgL4yoDrOcVcAXaWmBmi-3iaVR4KZiMj3h52JWQWwWOP1UHCUjUbtXwdU3Je8EuGFRCSNb9iETA9e4ETFILNbMWtyETlnaKy_Ea4hj3b

The Merry Red Brothers of Nordengrad

Introduction

THE Merry Red Brothers of Nordengrad are a levy force raised from the serfs, freemen and clanfolk of the Nordengradic reach. A primitive force compared to the more uniform, organized and equipped legions and regiments of the Heartland, the Merry Brothers make do with what is at hand. Thus they typically wield an array of crude spears and lumber axes, with the occasional wealthy member bearing an elder blade from the days of the King. To accompany their selection of primitive arms, the Merry Brothers armour themselves in whatever they can make use of. Generally they are equipped in a variety of patchwork leathers and decrepit chainmail vestments, wearing the odd leather cap or basic helm to battle. After the sacking of Ruriksgrad and the fall of the Fourth Red Kingdom the remaining Norlanders impoverished, fleeing the burning husk of their homeland with little more than the threads upon their back. As a result the once vaunted reputation of Norlandic equipment quality has been lost as the survivors, settlers and refugees struggle to hobble together any objects of genuine martial value.

Despite the relatively destitute status of the Merry Brothers their demeanor is the antithesis to that of their equipment. Gone are the days past where Norlandic men marched with steely demeanor in strict formation. Clad in plate, painted red and black moving about in their stony militant legions. Having moved away from the constant militarization of their past the Nordengradic men of the Brotherhood are significantly more jovial. Generally arriving to drill hung over after a long night at the local tavern. Drills and training are little more than an excuse for the men to wrestle in the mud before heading off to the tavern once more for a rousing bout of drinking and dining upon the fine home cooked meals therein. That being said, they have lost none of the grit of their ancestors, still harbouring the fire of their fallen kin in the heat of battle.

Organization

The Brothers of Nordengrad are loosely organized, with very few members involved with the organization as a career. Due to the demands of a rustic farming hamlet most of those within the rank and file spend the majority of their time tending to the woods, the herds of the fields. Ensuring that the village has adequate stocks of food to endure plundering raids and harsh winters. Thus the majority of the Brothers are exactly that, brothers of the Merry Band. However the Brotherhood is led by the Captain, generally an individual appointed by the Earl of Nordengrad to lead his levy. This captain is assisted by two Sergeants, each chosen by the Captain. One sergeant bears the standard of Nordengrad into battle while the other is responsible for managing the drunken tavern brawls masquerading as drills.

Uniforms

The Red Brothers of Nordengrad are far too impoverished to provide advanced armour and the Earl does not have coin to spare on unnecessary dyed cloth for uniforms. As such the Brothers generally wear whatever equipment they can cobble together occasionally wrapping bits of red and black cloth about their leaders and mail when they have an opportunity

(( 'uniform' skins can be found at the following link https://imgur.com/a/6PlALiw with accessories for said uniform variants being found at this link https://imgur.com/a/qa8CYF9

Applying

To Apply to join the Brotherhood, send a bird with the following information to the Nordengradic Eryie 

Name:

Clan:

Experience:

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)):

Are ye 'o faith?:

Name: Magnar Eiriksson

Clan: Ruric

Experience: Bear Fighting.

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): He'd have a Blue shirt, and brown pants, over the blue shirt would be chain and then a piece of leather, to protect his chest. His equipment consists of a Bastard sword, and Hatchet.

Are ye 'o faith?: Yes.

Wyatt Lincoln would look around, unable to read. "Guess I'll jus' use my trusty hoe."

Name: Jakob

Clan: None

Experience: Renatus' army, red men.

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): A hatchet, chainmail under clothing.

Are ye 'o faith?: Learning of it.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:05 PM, IilGecko said:

Name: Magnar Eiriksson

Clan: Ruric

Experience: Bear Fighting.

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): He'd have a Blue shirt, and brown pants, over the blue shirt would be chain and then a piece of leather, to protect his chest. His equipment consists of a Bastard sword, and Hatchet.

Are ye 'o faith?: Yes.

3 minutes ago, ninjaclimb1 said:

Name: Jakob

Experience: Renatus' army, red men.

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): A hatchet, chainmail under clothing.

Are ye 'o faith?: Learning of it.

"Both accepted, report to t'eh Westfort f'er bunkin" Thoromir would say to t he two as they handed him their applications in person.

Name: Kjartan

Experience: Fought during the Siege of Ashwood

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): A sword

Are ye 'o faith?: Aye

Name: ??????? "????"' ?????

Clan: Freyson

Experience: Fresh Blood

Equipment: A red brother tunic that is held up with chain mail and iron plating. A long sword is often seen carried upon his side or alternatively, on his back.

4 hours ago, Anisgar said:

Name: Kjartan

Experience: Fought during the Siege of Ashwood

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): A sword

1 hour ago, Humanistic said:

Name: ??????? "????"' ?????

Clan: Freyson

Experience: Fresh Blood

Equipment: A red brother tunic that is held up with chain mail and iron plating. A long sword is often seen carried upon his side or alternatively, on his back.

Thoromir would accept the two men as they handed him their rough scraps of paper, helping them find equipment and bunks in the Westfort

Name: Xalid

Experience: Fresh blood.

Equipment: A red coat and bow 

Are ye 'o faith?: Yes

Name:i am Lerenzo Cervantes

Clan: I am a Halfbreed

Experience: i havent gottenn into any real conflict but i have won my fair share of fights

Equipment: i have a shield two swords (1 stone one iron)and i have 2 axes (1 stone 1 iron)

Are ye 'o faith?: To be decided

Edited by Lerenzo
Errors

Name: Adler

Clan: Clanless

Experience: Fresh out of the city

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): A single hand sword, and a red tunic under chainmail

Are ye 'o faith?: Learning as I go

Edited by TrendE

On 8/11/2018 at 11:36 PM, Xalid said:

Name: Xalid

Experience: Fresh blood.

Equipment: A red coat and bow 

Are ye 'o faith?: Yes

Accepted! Report to Nordengrad

11 hours ago, Lerenzo said:

Name:i am Lerenzo Cervantes

Clan: I am a Halfbreed

Experience: i havent gottenn into any real conflict but i have won my fair share of fights

Equipment: i have a shield two swords (1 stone one iron)and i have 2 axes (1 stone 1 iron)

Are ye 'o faith?: To be decided

7 minutes ago, TrendE said:

Name: Adler Caesar

Clan: Clanless

Experience: Fresh out of the city

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): A single hand sword, and a red tunic under chainmail

Are ye 'o faith?: Learning as I go

Name: Braze

Experience: None

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): Lost it all in a cave exploration gone bad.

Are ye 'o faith?: Never

Name: Sceitseail Foxbrook

Clan: n/a

Experience: Fishing, building, baking,

Equipment Pick axe and wood

Are ye 'o faith?:  Aspectism

16 hours ago, Risker said:

Name: Braze

Experience: None

Equipment ((provide a detailed account of your char's slapped together equipment)): Lost it all in a cave exploration gone bad.

Are ye 'o faith?: Never

16 hours ago, MSSketcher said:

Name: Sceitseail Foxbrook

Clan: n/a

Experience: Fishing, building, baking,

Equipment Pick axe and wood

Are ye 'o faith?:  Aspectism