[✗] Sprite Rewrite

LaffenOutLoud

Sprites

48408.jpg?width=302&height=468

"They shall be known as.. miniature guardians of Nature."

Creation

The creation of the first Sprite was like nothing seen before - The Aspects poured little of their energy into forming an orb of light, the surface of it adorned with a pair of glowing eyes the same color as the orb. This orb floated about, and once it neared Nature - Nature seemed to bend towards the orb. The power of the orb drew Nature towards it, plants and roots literally bending and shaping themselves towards the orb, bending and twisting a body-like figure around the glowing orb. The plant-body seemed very humanoid, with a set of legs and arms. It had elf-like ears along with several flowers adorning its body. It left eye-sockets where the glowing eyes shined behind - The orb itself secured inside the head where a Descendant brain would be. Once the body had been formed - The Aspects would send the small creature out of the Fae Realm into the Mortal Realm, to serve Nature and correct wrongdoings of Descendants. 

Related image

"Do not be fooled by their beauty, llir. For they are mischievous beings."

The Orb

A sprites orb acts as a ‘spirit’ of the Sprite, carrying over memories and knowledge if the Sprite dies into its rebirth. It stores emotions and wisdom, experience and personality, acting as a blueprint for the Sprites personality The orb is fueled by the energies of Nature - Which then fuel the Sprite instead of needing to consume normal food. Each Sprite has a varying color orb, along with a matching set of glowing eyes; Each color signifies what task the Aspects gave to said Sprite. The orb and eyes, however, do not determine what color the actual body of the Sprite is, or the personality; Sprites all have unique and different personalities. The color of a Sprites body is random and varying in color, depending on what plants are in the surrounding area when the orb is sent from the Fae Realm to the Mortal Realm.

Orb Colors

Green

A green orb is assigned to Sprites who are to act as parents to seeds. They are assigned to unnaturally barren, dead lands to grow trees and plants where needed. They always carry a small bag with a variety of seeds to be prepared wherever a plant is needed. They carefully sow seeds, and move on.

Pink

A pink orb is assigned to Sprites by Cerridwen to bring beauty to Nature in the form of flowers. So long as it compliments the balance - These Sprites are focused on planting and caring for flowers.

Blue

A blue orb is assigned to Sprites when there seems to be an unnatural dryness in an area. They fly through cities and break into homes and disturb taverns solely to be able to water plants that Descendants do not properly care for.

Red

A red orb is assigned to Sprites to care for precious Fae Rings. They reside close to Fae Rings and will protect the rings from those wishing to harm the precious gift. Red-orbed Sprites are known to become quite fierce and over-protected, even attacking strangers who merely near the ring.

Brown

A brown orb is assigned to Sprites who are to free locked up animals. Descendants have taken animals hostage and locked them up, and it is the duty of these “mischievous” Sprites to free said animals. Farmers are known to be annoyed at these Sprites, as they are always breaking their fences and always come back to torture the farmers by freeing their animals.

Orange

An orange orb belongs to Sprites who are concerned about sun. Descendants often forget that plants require sun to grow, so these treacherous Sprites seek for said unhealthy plants, find a way into the home, steal the plant and plant it outside in healthy sun.

White

A white orb belongs to wise, watchful Sprites. They search for major imbalances or blight in Nature and report said harm to Druids to help with this matter.

Yellow

A yellow orb is assigned to Sprites who are to take care of the matter of pollination. With Descendants killing the population of bees and using them for honey - Bees often cannot do the work they do. Descendants also grow plants in certain areas that plants and hummingbirds cannot get to. Sprites assist these critters in pollinating flowers in various plants that have a need.

Gray

Gray orbs belong to Sprites who are tasked to care for the leaves and foliage of plants. To cut and trim off diseased or dead leaves to assist said plants.

Black

Black orbs signify death. These Sprites swarm through lands overfilled with plants or to places where people have been overcrowding animals. They are tasked to pull out the excess plants until a moderate amount of plants is left, and are the strongest kind who do not question killing animals that overpopulate an area.

Related image

"A rare, yet wonderful sight.. but do not disturb them, for their work is sacred."

Abilities 

Sprites all share the same ability as all Fae and Druids do - Nature’s Communion. They are able to freely commune with other Fae, Animals and Plants, it is instinct to them. They can hold any conversation and can commune complex words, sentences, even emotions and memories with those attuned with the Aspects.

Sprites are created with a weak form of Nature's Control. Their power has the ability to bend, move and shape small plants and vines, however not to a powerful extent. Some Sprites use this ability to create homes or clothing for themselves, however they cannot use it for combat. It is purely an aesthetic ability.

Using their Spirit 'Orb,' Sprites have a unique, tiring yet potent ability. When felt threatened or endangered, Sprites call upon the energies of Nature to supply them more power - And the glow of their Spirit strengthens, brightening and visibly glows throughout their body. A Sprites plant-body would pulse with a glow the color of their Orb - And nearby Descendants would have their minds filled with strong, loud and foreign whispers. The effects were exactly the same as stepping in a Fae Ring, however dramatically louder. With a few seconds of exposure to the energies, unnatuned Descendants would lose focus as their minds were filled with the whispers. Upon further contact, Descendants would find themselves in a paralyzed state - Unable to move for several moments until the energies fade away. This effect has the same effects on Druids as a Fae Ring does, however as stated before, it is more obvious and easier to understand.

Biology

Sprites are very small, insect-like, genderless creatures. They range from two inches tall to six inches tall. They have glowing, bug-like solid color eyes that match the color of their orb. Their faces appear quite alien-like, not pretty at all contrary to popular belief. They have small, elf-like ears and on their back lies a set of grand wings. The entire structure of a Sprites body is composed of strictly plants, the plants are always random, and each time a Sprite dies and is reborn, its appearance changes as the plants change. The structure of a Sprites body starts with tightly-entangled roots that serve as bones and joints, the skeletal structure of a Sprite. These bones are then covered with dozens of layers of leaves, grass, moss, mushroom and such to form muscle and fat-like tissue. Sprites are coated in foliage and flowers, adorning their body and wings. They often have hair, but it is made from vines or grass and such.

The wings of Sprites are quite beautiful, often the same size of their body and filled with foliage. The appearance of each Sprites wings differ however they all are the same size. This allows Sprites to fly for a period of time, about eight minutes before they must rest on a solid surface. They are known to fly at a maximum height of eight feet from the surface, before the force of gravity becomes too strong for their small bodies.

Sprites do not eat, they are fueled by their Orb which is fueled by the Natural energies in Nature. Contrary to popular belief, they do not photosynthesize or need to be "watered." When a Sprite dies,  its Orb rises out of its body, similar to a ghost, before Nature claims it and it is reborn into the Fae Realm, gaining a new body and being sent to the Mortal realm to continue its task. 

Related image

"I saw it! It was there, mommy.. a beautiful spirit!"

Behavior

Sprites are often seen with a mischievous behavior, breaking into homes, gardens and farms to steal plants and release animals. Sprites have fun with this and often prank or lie to Descendants. They are known to lie, betray, and trick any so they can complete the task their life is based on. In their free time when they are not working on their task, Sprites prefer to reside together in big groups with other Sprites, and prefer having their homes far from any Descendants or big cities. Sprites often form small villages, tree-houses, or miniature cities in untouched forests. They are not serious or devoted to hard-work at all, they prefer to have fun and have parties and celebrations. They often perform ritualistic, colorful and vibrant celebrations to the Aspects and have several means of worshipping Nature.

Sprites are asexual. They do not sexually reproduce, however some are known to maintain relationships. Sprites do have emotions, and can have romantic feelings or attatchment to other Sprites.

Sprites are created with no knowledge of Descendants or the Mortal Realm. They do not understand Descendants from birth and do not start out understanding and speaking common, contrary to popular belief. Elder and ancient Sprites can learn Common, however it'd be very difficult due to the small attention span of Sprites - Along with not having much time to learn, as their lives are devoted to the tasks of the Aspects.

Redlines:

1- Sprites cannot use their Control of Nature for combat, or to do great feats past tier 1 in Druidism. 

2- Sprites can not learn any magic outside of their Control & Communion.

3- An accepted CA is required to play a Sprite.

4- You can not change the color orb of your Sprite, you may only play as the color you applied to in your CA.

5- A Sprite who has died and is reborn can not have the same appearance as before it was reborn.

6- You can not FTB as a Sprite or have any children.

TL;DR

Sprites would no longer have color-types that determine their appearance and personality. 

Sprites would now have an orb, or Spirit that fuels them. They do not eat or Photosynthesize.

Sprites would no longer have Toxins.

Sprites have a defense mechanism that has the effects of stepping into a Fae Ring.

Sprites would now have a weak form of Nature's Control.

Sprites now have a purpose in Nature and the Balance, each one a different task assigned to them by the Aspects, determined by the color of their Orb.

Clarified the appearance of Sprites. Bug-like creatures made out of random plants.

Clarified the creation and Death/Rebirth of Sprites.

Sprites would now change appearance each time they die and are reborn.

Added info on Sprite mischevy and personality, including culture.

Edited by LaffenOutLoud

i swear, we need these little buddies back. i wanna see more sprites, so let this rewrite pass!

+1

i will not let my flying plants be slaughtered without a fight

A lot of these ideas are stolen without credit.

Just now, Karimir said:

Which ones in specific are you talking about?

1 minute ago, LaffenOutLoud said:

Which ones in specific are you talking about?

Sprites would no longer have color-types that determine their appearance and personality. Sprites would no longer have Toxins. Sprites would now have a weak form of Nature's Control. Sprites now have a purpose in Nature and the Balance, each one a different task assigned to them by the Aspects, determined by the color of their Orb. Added info on Sprite mischevy and personality, including culture.

3 minutes ago, Karimir said:

can you cite a source of original material

Why take away the colour types? I feel like that was what made them a bit more unique and fun. 

1 minute ago, Jollybee said:

Why take away the colour types? I feel like that was what made them a bit more unique and fun. 

I feel as if the color types removed any uniqueness to personality or appearance you could have in your Sprite. With Sprites having any personality, there is room for character development and evolution of personality, etc.

I understand the colors make Sprite lore unique, which is why I kept a similar color system to keep the lore unique and interesting.

1 minute ago, Abyssus said:

can you cite a source of original material

Yeah

250f2f166aab907fbae2c302e6591569.png

This is the screenshot I was given

8 minutes ago, Karimir said:

Sprites would no longer have color-types that determine their appearance and personality. Sprites would no longer have Toxins. Sprites would now have a weak form of Nature's Control. Sprites now have a purpose in Nature and the Balance, each one a different task assigned to them by the Aspects, determined by the color of their Orb. Added info on Sprite mischevy and personality, including culture.

Could you tell me who I stole this from, link it, and quote the original lore I 'stole' this from?

5 minutes ago, Karimir said:

Yeah

250f2f166aab907fbae2c302e6591569.png

This is the screenshot I was given

Literally none of this has to do with my lore. 

I'm going to write this in order of the points listed in your screenshot.

1- Anyone would think of a culture. Possibly one of the main things that made Sprite lore too vague.
2- I haven't made a Druidism circle of Sprites.
3- The LT told me that a purpose was needed in a rewrite. I gave them a purpose that I created and was not stolen from anyone
4- Obviously I had to do this. 
5- Again, obviously this was needed.
6- I specifically made Sprites protect Nature. 
7- Never did I write that Sprites change color over time.

The points listed in the group chat was a list of what is needed in a rewrite so it could be more likely to be accepted. There were no specific ideas at all, therefore I could not have stolen anything.

Edited by LaffenOutLoud

No thanks. The druids have /enough/ fun toys to play with. If you're rewriting sprites, make them something the whole server can RP with.