[✗] Sprite Rewrite

LaffenOutLoud

17 minutes ago, The Templar said:

No thanks. The druids have /enough/ fun toys to play with. If you're rewriting sprites, make them something the whole server can RP with.

I haven’t read the rewrite yet, but Sprites do have fun with everyone. I think most sprites I’ve seen are either at dominion, some human places, and hell there’s even been a few at Orc cap once. I’ve rarely seen a sprite at Druid Grove. (Though I haven’t been in almost a year so correct me if I’m wrong.)

22 minutes ago, The Templar said:

No thanks. The druids have /enough/ fun toys to play with. If you're rewriting sprites, make them something the whole server can RP with.

just random bullshit I'm spouting because of this comment

Imagine small rock/fungal sprites with beards, collecting rare metals and stones

Tusked Sprites that are in tune with the spirits and are tools to do their bidding

Cat-like sprites that.. I dont know anything about Kha I've got nothing

Even smaller sprites that spread joy through music and dance

I've got nothing to make unique human and elven sprites

Instead of being from the aspects have them just be a natural phenomenon that occurs when a large amount of energy from the aspects, dwarven gods, spirits and whatever the hell else collects in a certain area

Be beautiful ❤️

6 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

I haven’t read the rewrite yet, but Sprites do have fun with everyone. I think most sprites I’ve seen are either at dominion, some human places, and hell there’s even been a few at Orc cap once. I’ve rarely seen a sprite at Druid Grove. (Though I haven’t been in almost a year so correct me if I’m wrong.)

I've never seen a sprite outside of the Dominion. Haven't since inception. Nobody can talk to them except druids or other fae, at that. Might as well just hardshelve them and move on if they're only capable of having meaningful RP with the druids or other fae, which tend to stay exclusively near the druids.

6 minutes ago, The Templar said:

I've never seen a sprite outside of the Dominion. Haven't since inception. Nobody can talk to them except druids or other fae, at that. Might as well just hardshelve them and move on if they're only capable of having meaningful RP with the druids or other fae, which tend to stay exclusively near the druids.

anyone can talk to sprites just most decide to kill 

1 hour ago, Mapleveins said:

just random bullshit I'm spouting because of this comment

Imagine small rock/fungal sprites with beards, collecting rare metals and stones

Tusked Sprites that are in tune with the spirits and are tools to do their bidding

Cat-like sprites that.. I dont know anything about Kha I've got nothing

Even smaller sprites that spread joy through music and dance

I've got nothing to make unique human and elven sprites

Instead of being from the aspects have them just be a natural phenomenon that occurs when a large amount of energy from the aspects, dwarven gods, spirits and whatever the hell else collects in a certain area

Be beautiful ❤️

Hello! Thank you for this suggestion. The only problem I'd have with adding this to a rewrite is Sprites are and always have been Fae creatures (Invented by the Aspects, and sent to protect the balance.) 

Perhaps another creature is required to be created for what you are speaking of. Although it's a great idea, I feel the idea of having them created with any deity does not make sense in lore, as their origins trace to the Fae Realm and the Aspects.

1 hour ago, The Templar said:

Hiii~~ You are correct. Most Sprites are only visible in the Dominion. However, what most do not know is the current playerbase of Sprites have their own cave-type thing where they roleplay more actively, as lore states that Sprites prefer to reside together -- Away from Descendants.

Sprites can speak to anyone, they can learn to speak common. This is highlighted in this rewrite. I have noticed a few Sprites traveling about, and even being kidnapped by dwarves outside of the Dominion. 

Sprites are mostly active around Druids - And this can be expected as all other Fae, who are created by the Aspects. However they are more active around eachother than Druids - And most of the LoTC playerbase cannot see the activity of the congregations of Sprites themselves. I myself and over 5 other Sprite players have our own little community in a cave, who rarely leave said dwelling. 

Even though Sprites are created by the Aspects, supposed to protect Nature - I feel perhaps the Sprite community could take your idea and spread out as much as they can - Keeping in mind the Nature of Sprites (Not that talkative or comfortable around Descendants or big cities, much like all Fae.)

Another issue I'd like to point out is the size of the Sprite playerbase. Sprites haven't been that popular - A playerbase of a maximum of 15 Sprites are active, at the most. This is even more relevant now with the soft shelve, preventing new Sprite players.

Hopefully if this, or another rewrite goes through - Sprites can be unshelved and we can work on expanding the playerbase so the entire community of LoTC can see more Sprites. More sprites = More spread out, more likely to be seen.

Edited by LaffenOutLoud

5 hours ago, The Templar said:

Nobody can talk to them except druids or other fae, at that. Might as well just hardshelve them and move on if they're only capable of having meaningful RP with the druids or other fae,

hi I RP an orange sprite and deliberately avoid roleplaying in the dominion, with Druids, and with other fae and the RP I have is more meaningful because of it

you are wrong

Edited by Gallic

13 hours ago, LaffenOutLoud said:

6- You can not FTB as a Sprite or have any children.

tfw this is needed to be stated

I feel like with the removal of toxins sprites are put at a disadvantage when it comes to a lot of situations. We should look back to why we needed to add them in the first place. The control ability is specifically stated it can't be used in combat as well, which isn't helpful. I feel like sprites either need a new stand alone ability or more advanced control to help them complete their missions. I don't see why colour types were removed either, but I actually support this. Usually people would metagame what the colours meant and would make judgements on that. Also why is their flying time decreased? It feels like you're nerfing their self defense and then making it harder to run, or in this case fly away. The removal of toxins also pushes them closer to druids and further away from alchemists who were the only other group who could gain rp from them.

I personally think giving them stronger control would be fun- It would be cool to see sprites literally asking flowers to unplant themselves and walk around. You can't do much at all at T1 control.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:07 AM, jyecarson said:

I feel like with the removal of toxins sprites are put at a disadvantage when it comes to a lot of situations. We should look back to why we needed to add them in the first place. The control ability is specifically stated it can't be used in combat as well, which isn't helpful. I feel like sprites either need a new stand alone ability or more advanced control to help them complete their missions. I don't see why colour types were removed either, but I actually support this. Usually people would metagame what the colours meant and would make judgements on that. Also why is their flying time decreased? It feels like you're nerfing their self defense and then making it harder to run, or in this case fly away. The removal of toxins also pushes them closer to druids and further away from alchemists who were the only other group who could gain rp from them.

Very well. I have read over my post several times and I do agree Sprites are at more of a disadvantage than before. I will add something.

11 hours ago, EternalSaturn said:

#SpriteLivesMatter

#SoDoesCervitaurLives

6 minutes ago, Jondead said:

#SoDoesCervitaurLives

#SpriteLivesMatterMore

2 minutes ago, jyecarson said:

#SpriteLivesMatterMore

#AllFaeLivesMatterIfTheyAreFromTheFaeRealm

This Lore has been denied. The reason for the deny is a self-deny by the creator. 

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.