Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Snelfma

What is raiding meant to do?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Snelfma said:

What of the more common type of raid where a place is raided anytime the timer is up and the inhabitants slaughered

Then that's how it is. If people hate a nation, they will raid it. We can't do anything to stop it even though it sucks ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

You can't compare irl stuff to a mineman pretend game. However, for lotc, there can be times when people raid for a real gain. Whether it be to capture a government official, get resources, etc. While raids might not have a real "purpose" or focused goal, it's an essential part of the server even if people don't like it.

 

Issue is, take the recent runesmith-altar raid. A raid that had genuine RP reasons, planning behind it and didn't attack any single denizen of a settlement was voided because it broke the raid rules that were created to tackle down on "lul killz" raids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snelfma said:

But what is raiding supposed to do?!

thats like asking "whats the meaning of life"

 

the answer is so subjective and differs from person to person, from group to group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, grubgoth_wud said:

thats like asking "whats the meaning of life"

 

the answer is so subjective and differs from person to person, from group to group

Bruv, we're talking about raiding xD

But really, what do you think raiding is meant to do? What does it provide the server with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that Nations should be allowed to meet some condition, predetermined by the raiding party, to end or stop a raid. 

Ex. The Raiders declare you must hand over minas(to a max of a certain amount), Hand over a person, or some other condition. However forcing someone to vassalize via a raid should not nor never be allowed. This should be saved for warclaims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Flugal said:

I believe that Nations should be allowed to meet some condition, predetermined by the raiding party, to end or stop a raid. 

Ex. The Raiders declare you must hand over minas(to a max of a certain amount), Hand over a person, or some other condition. However forcing someone to vassalize via a raid should not nor never be allowed. This should be saved for warclaims. 

thing is even if you restrict vassalization to warclaim, there is no way to do that. The cb system is so tilted for carebears that unless you deliberately make yourself an ahole and constantly harass everyone, you will never get warclaimed. There is no way to be aggressive or force vassalize countries without farming CBs for weeks or months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

thing is even if you restrict vassalization to warclaim, there is no way to do that. The cb system is so tilted for carebears that unless you deliberately make yourself an ahole and constantly harass everyone, you will never get warclaimed. There is no way to be aggressive or force vassalize countries without farming CBs for weeks or months.

Isn’t the Warclaim system also notorious for having problems? Why not also fix the WC system? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flugal said:

Isn’t the Warclaim system also notorious for having problems? Why not also fix the WC system? 

We been tryina do that for ages but it has been taking way too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chimp said:

We been tryina do that for ages but it has been taking way too long.

Which probs means the raiding system isn’t gonna get anywhere either

RIP 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flugal said:

Which probs means the raiding system isn’t gonna get anywhere either

RIP 😭

ye knox is legit just gonna press the button for his "make new rules" machine and he will post whatever the machine says because the entire admin team are literally just robots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chimp said:

ye knox is legit just gonna press the button for his "make new rules" machine and he will post whatever the machine says because the entire admin team are literally just robots.

Oof exposed @Admins 😱😱😱😱😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...