[✗]Dungrimm's Will

Medvekoma

Three months were allowed to the Dwarves of Az'adar and Ord to make amends after their declaration of war, three months during which some of them visited Kaz'Ulrah, though most refused to and remained within their temple. Beneath the mountain remained a High Queen, adamant at retaining her words and acting on it.

Koralon sat on the Kaz'Ulrah throne, her graying hair dangling from beneath the simple steel circlet she wore, the dancing flames glinting within its sapphire gemstone. Some empty mugs of ale and platters of meat remained on the tables in front of her from the previous meeting of the clergy. Her mind was, however, set on another topic. Another target.

"Once my home." She spoke to her fellow Dwedmar after emerging from the throne room. "Now they declared themselves an enemy. But even before their sword was raised, the war was over for them. An unlikely ally arose in a moment of strife, an elven Peacemaker, a King true to his word on peace and thrive for prosperity. A king who was slain in front of my eyes, by those who hide in their so-called temple."

She straightened herself, her frail posture still many inches taller than the mountain dwarves on her side. "When the Zahrer the Conspirator arrived to the city on an offer to sustain peace and make amends for his slight against the Dwedmar, he instead demanded we cease aggression, fear glancing in his eyes, fears that the Dwedmar he fought for so long would rally in arms against him, fear that he'd be overthrown once more and his taint on this world would finally come to an end. The very man once so confident in the restoration of a fallen kingdom now quivers as clan father over a traitor family, killing peacemakers, killing fellow Dwedmar."

"Know, however, that many of them came to our Kingdom, with kind words, pleas, apologies or amends proper. Many came whom we spoke to, many whom we welcomed and many who will not be target of our crusade. Ulhart Grandaxe, Fimlin Grandaxe, Dizzy the still-Irongrinder, Tharrgus Irongut, Gror Ireheart and Yeulf Irongut: know that unless you march to the aid of Arcadia, no axe will be raised against you, no slight of honour will be held against you and you will be allowed to reclaim what is yours from the fallen temple."

As the Dwedmar listened, their Queen shifted in her stand and lifted her left hand to gesture towards her heart. "I offer you each, to follow me on this crusade. I offer you each to rid this world of the Undead-Lord, of the Conspirator, of the Traitor to the Dwedmar. If he builds yet one more flying city, we will fire hooks at it and crash it into the mountain. If he makes alliance with Khorvad, we shall invoke the Brathmordakin and purge him along with his lord."

"Arcadia shed its scales and re-dressed as a temple, a temple without statues of the Brathmordakin, with statues of Runelords and with altars of unknown powers. We will march on their cesspool of corruption, raze it to the ground in the memory of those they slighted and use their bricks to construct a statue of Dungrimm so that the Undead-Lord remembers not to slight the Guardian of the Dead. We shall not stop until the kingslayers are fallen."

As she said that, war horns of the eight clans within the kingdom sounded up, war horns calling for a march, a march south straight at the enemy.

Kavir oz Arcadia, Narvak oz Khazadmar!

Narvak oz Abelas!

CBs: Revenge (1/3) (or Denoucncement x3)

Side A: The Kingdom of Kaz'Ulrah and allies

Side B: The Temple of Az'adar and allies

Proposed Date & Time: 15th of September (Saturday), 2018

Proposed Rules: 

N/A

463028bd441895fed9344952c42f90c4.png

Discord:

Ronald Reagan#9284 (I am in war chat)

((Posting as an affiliate of azadar . Considering that the elves declared the "war", I don't think any of those casus bellis are valid against anyone but the dominion, and considering that the declaration of "war" was actually an alliance post with the only justification being a quote taken out of context from an alliance post, and considering that no warclaim was ever posted meaning there was never any war, I don't see how this could be considered a valid warclaim.

Hi folks, lets just remember some of the rules for posts like this because I made the same mistake you all did. 

3. Only the leaders of each respective side may post on a warclaim thread.

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Noobman said:

((Posting as an affiliate of azadar . Considering that the elves declared the "war", I don't think any of those casus bellis are valid against anyone but the dominion, and considering that the declaration of "war" was actually an alliance post with the only justification being a quote taken out of context from an alliance post, and considering that no warclaim was ever posted meaning there was never any war, I don't see how this could be considered a valid warclaim.

1. Fid posted the alliance post who is a runesmith and was since removed from the Kingdom of Elvenesse.

2. The alliance post specifically states "troops marching to war" and a pledge to not stop until Kaz'Ulrah is burned to the ground.

3. I would find it absolutely unfair for you to form an alliance, declare a war on us, file a grudge against us, declare our extermination and hype your people for your warclaim post only to go back on it when one ally falls out. And afterwards, to hide behind CB rules to protect you from the consequences of your actions.

Dynamic RP, perhaps?

1 minute ago, Medvekoma said:

1. Fid posted the alliance post who is a runesmith and was since removed from the Kingdom of Elvenesse.

2. The alliance post specifically states "troops marching to war" and a pledge to not stop until Kaz'Ulrah is burned to the ground.

3. I would find it absolutely unfair for you to form an alliance, declare a war on us, file a grudge against us, declare our extermination and hype your people for your warclaim post only to go back on it when one ally falls out. And afterwards, to hide behind CB rules to protect you from the consequences of your actions.

Dynamic RP, perhaps?

The Elves declared the war, so, I don't see how any of those casus bellis could be valid against anyone else, and you already made peace by making a non-agro pact with them anyway, effectively ending any "war" that ocurred. And you can't say it was Fid who did it, since taufire is the one who signed the post and was leading the war. Get some real cbs and I won't complain.

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Noobman said:

The Elves declared the war, so, I don't see how any of those casus bellis could be valid against anyone else, and you already made peace by making a non-agro pact with them anyway, effectively ending any "war" that ocurred. And you can't say it was Fid who did it, since taufire is the one who signed the post and was leading the war. Get some real cbs and I won't complain.

You and the Ordite dwarves knew what you were getting into when you made your declaration. It wasn't an alliance, it included terms of how the Kingdom of Kaz'Ulrah would be parted betwen the winners. The allied forces in WW2 did not sign such a declaration when Poland was invaded, they signed a similar document during the Yalta conference at the end of the war.

You haggled in the war, and you lost the haggle. Josh3738 already denied one consequence on his character from the declaration, and now you would deny the second possible consequence. You are hiding behind rules, powergaming your way out of a situation that would have possibly led to the fall of your rival and the extermination of their kingdom.

I gladly discuss the terms of this warclaim, but this war needs to happen. When Zahrer Irongrinder made the offer he did during his visit to Kaz'Ulrah, it was clear he made it knowing there couldn't be any consequence to him, since he could dodge any. If this warclaim does not happen, toxicity will escalate and the current Dwarven situation will never be resolved as you will be able to keep on your resistance, hatred on Kaz'Ulrah, spreading of dissent and you could go on moving puppets to declare wars in your stead and dodge rules to avoid any possible ramifications.

And I specifically know that even if this WC goes through and if Kaz'Ulrah wins, you will just move onto either Ord or the Grandaxe place and continue.

20 minutes ago, Medvekoma said:

You and the Ordite dwarves knew what you were getting into when you made your declaration. It wasn't an alliance, it included terms of how the Kingdom of Kaz'Ulrah would be parted betwen the winners. The allied forces in WW2 did not sign such a declaration when Poland was invaded, they signed a similar document during the Yalta conference at the end of the war.

You haggled in the war, and you lost the haggle. Josh3738 already denied one consequence on his character from the declaration, and now you would deny the second possible consequence. You are hiding behind rules, powergaming your way out of a situation that would have possibly led to the fall of your rival and the extermination of their kingdom.

I gladly discuss the terms of this warclaim, but this war needs to happen. When Zahrer Irongrinder made the offer he did during his visit to Kaz'Ulrah, it was clear he made it knowing there couldn't be any consequence to him, since he could dodge any. If this warclaim does not happen, toxicity will escalate and the current Dwarven situation will never be resolved as you will be able to keep on your resistance, hatred on Kaz'Ulrah, spreading of dissent and you could go on moving puppets to declare wars in your stead and dodge rules to avoid any possible ramifications.

And I specifically know that even if this WC goes through and if Kaz'Ulrah wins, you will just move onto either Ord or the Grandaxe place and continue.

Obviously you're only attacking az'adar based on your OOC hatred of Josh. Josh wasn't even the major signatory on that thread, the Dominion and Haense were, followed by Ord. It doesn't make any sense that you would be attacking az'adar rp'ly, especially since az'adar was the last important signature on that thread. This warclaim is entirely based on OOC, and all of your arguments still don't change the fact that the Domion declared the war and got everyone else involved, you ended the war with the dominion, and none of the revenge casus belli's are applicable to az'adar. The only feasible application of the revenge casus belli would be against the Dominion, who you have already made peace with.

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Noobman said:

Obviously you're only attacking az'adar based on your OOC hatred of Josh. Josh wasn't even the major signatory on that thread, the Dominion and Haense were, followed by Ord. It doesn't make any sense that you would be attacking az'adar rp'ly, especially since az'adar was the last important signature on that thread. This warclaim is entirely based on OOC, and all of your arguments still don't change the fact that the Domion declared the war and got everyone else involved, you ended the war with the dominion, and none of the revenge casus belli's are applicable to az'adar. The only feasible application of the revenge casus belli would be against the Dominion, who you have already made peace with.

I deny the OOC accusations. Az'adar is closer to Kaz'Ulrah than Ord.

1 minute ago, Medvekoma said:

I deny the OOC accusations. Az'adar is closer to Kaz'Ulrah than Ord.

But the Dominion and Haense are closer too :/. That argument doesn't hold up.

(( To clarify, the Dominion did not agree to declare war, as such war was not declared by the Dominion. I can provide logs to prove this if need be. The Dominion was also not a leader of the alliance and the treaty from the Elven perspective was deemed invalid as it was signed without the requirements I personally asked for to be met. The Elves were also not the leader of the Alliance and conflict and its intent were declared by Ord not the Dominion. ))

2 minutes ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

(( To clarify, the Dominion did not agree to declare war, as such war was not declared by the Dominion. I can provide logs to prove this if need be. The Dominion was also not a leader of the alliance and the treaty from the Elven perspective was deemed invalid as it was signed without the requirements I personally asked for to be met. The Elves were also not the leader of the Alliance and conflict and its intent were declared by Ord not the Dominion. ))

((Thank you. So obviously it's even backed up by the Dominion now that the entire post was invalid, so you can't hold the signatories accountable, even if it were a valid reason for a revenge cb.

Just now, Cpt_Noobman said:

((Thank you. So obviously it's even backed up by the Dominion now that the entire post was invalid, so you can't hold the signatories accountable, even if it were a valid reason for a revenge cb.

(( You'd be correct, if however it wasn't the case that the Dwarves of Ord and Az'adar did not already confirm and repeat their hostile intent towards Kaz'Ulrah. So far the Dominion made clear its intent to back out and signed a treaty with Kaz'Ulrah while Haense and the Dwarven parties have not made any clear attempt to, Fid was more of an agent of the Runelords than Dominion (Hence why he's banished from the Dominion now). But I leave it up to the GMs, it is a bit of a confusing mess. )) 

Just now, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

(( You'd be correct, if however it wasn't the case that the Dwarves of Ord and Az'adar did not already confirm and repeat their hostile intent towards Kaz'Ulrah. So far the Dominion made clear its intent to back out and signed a treaty with Kaz'Ulrah while Haense and the Dwarven parties have not made any clear attempt to, Fid was more of an agent of the Runelords than Dominion (Hence why he's banished from the Dominion now). But I leave it up to the GMs, it is a bit of a confusing mess. )) 

The only reason the dwarves were involved in the alliance at all was because we thought the Dominion was pushing it. You're right that this is confusing, because I was under the impression that the Dominion was taking the lead and declaring it. It would be good to have a GM help discuss this, but I think we'll need to wait for a war chat.

Just now, Cpt_Noobman said:

The only reason the dwarves were involved in the alliance at all was because we thought the Dominion was pushing it. You're right that this is confusing, because I was under the impression that the Dominion was taking the lead and declaring it. It would be good to have a GM help discuss this, but I think we'll need to wait for a war chat.

(( Talk to any Dominion Council members, we were under the impression this was something Ord and the Runelords were pushing. Either Fid deceived your side IC and OOC (Which isn't a stretch) or Ord and the Runelords are telling fibs. Either way Fid is part of the Runelords not the Dominion. Again though, it might just be left best down to the discretion of the GMs in charge. ))